Charity

• StaneviciusV
      StaneviciusV
      Bronze
      Hello,
      I want to make donation from my withdraws.
      Maybe You know where I can donate and who need it most?
  • 15 replies
    • Agiz19
      Agiz19
      Bronze
      i need it :/ .... try unicef or red cross
    • StaneviciusV
      StaneviciusV
      Bronze
      Thank You Agiz19!

I want to ask opinions who needs it most in the world and reasons why?
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      me! because I dont have time to play poker these days, because of finishing that f*** school, so I'm unemployed for now^^

seriously: it doesnt matter imo. Charity is MOSTLY (no matter what who says) about feeling good for helping someone, so it's always partially egoistic. It's not nice reason, but no one cares - as long as you help someone, it's good... My advice: choose one charity (or something similar) in your neighbourhood first - it's always good to have an idea what your donation are used for. I'm not saying helping some international organization is not the way to go, but if you have no experience and, simply said, no clue about the topic, going locally shouldnt be bad at all ;)
    • Reanimater
      Reanimater
      Bronze
      http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Home
    • StaneviciusV
      StaneviciusV
      Bronze
      Thank You for advices.

At this moment I think children with cancer and without money for medicine are the worst thing in the world..
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by opal99
      seriously: it doesnt matter imo. Charity is MOSTLY (no matter what who says) about feeling good for helping someone, so it's always partially egoistic.
      Soo true
    • erptech
      erptech
      Platinum
      http://www.ebaygivingworks.com/

http://www.missionfish.org/
    • StaneviciusV
      StaneviciusV
      Bronze
      Originally posted by NightFrostaSS
      seriously: it doesnt matter imo. Charity is MOSTLY (no matter what who says) about feeling good for helping someone, so it's always partially egoistic.
      Soo true
      I think You are wrong. When You can take money from poker (when it is hobby) You don't care about donating from withdraws.
      More egoistic people/position is don't give anyone anything than people who are giving their money.

Thank You erptech for the links.
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StaneviciusV
      Soo true
      I think You are wrong. When You can take money from poker (when it is hobby) You don't care about donating from withdraws.
      More egoistic people/position is don't give anyone anything than people who are giving their money.
    • StaneviciusV
      StaneviciusV
      Bronze
      Soo true
      I hope You will not be in the side of where people need help.
      There isn't point to discuss about it.

Sėkmės bose iš Lietuvos.
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      I think we should understand that there is a slight difference between "donation" and "charity". Donation helps those who are unfortunate in life in indirect way. Like you donate X $ to "fight with cancer organization" and pay for researchers or equipment that will help to find a cure. Charity is giving money, goods or time to help the people who really need.

I watched a documentary about Nike and some other companies that you donate to them then they pay your donation to poor people in exchange for their labor which I find it disgusting (of course employing people is a good thing but...). I'm not saying all organizations do such things but they exist and even opal99 said it's how you feel when you give things and I agree with him, I think seeing that your action lead to some positive effect always make us feel spiritually comfortable. I think starting locally is really a better idea than going globally. If I was Bill Gates then things would be different...
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Soo true
      I hope You will not be in the side of where people need help.
      There isn't point to discuss about it.

Sėkmės bose iš Lietuvos.
      I wasn't going to discuss anything.

O kad iš Lietuvos aš tai niekam nepaslaptis. ;)
    • Hahaownedlolz
      Hahaownedlolz
      Bronze
      Sėkmės bose iš Lietuvos.

O kad iš Lietuvos aš tai niekam nepaslaptis.

Stop talking Lithuanian douchebags :f_biggrin:
    • NightFrostaSS
      NightFrostaSS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Hahaownedlolz
      Sėkmės bose iš Lietuvos.

O kad iš Lietuvos aš tai niekam nepaslaptis.

Stop talking Lithuanian douchebags :f_biggrin:
    • TijsMichiel
      TijsMichiel
      Bronze
      Thank You for advices.

At this moment I think children with cancer and without money for medicine are the worst thing in the world..
      As long as you have money to donate, you should go and help kids with health problems - cancer,aids, etc... Any cent that reaches to them keeps up their hope of living :)