cant beat the micros

• SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      Hello I've been playing right now for about two years and 3 months with pokerstrategy.

So i my bankroll right now is on 50$+- on pokerstrs and i play really just brake even - I have all these small advantages over my opponents i play good solid and one bad beat or maybe more somestimes, or sometimes that it seems i cant hit anything, my ooponents are not foldable etc.

Its annoying cause my bakroll is on 50 for about two months, and i feel like my bb\100 is lower than it should be.
  • 20 replies
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      What are you playing NL2 or NL5?
    • Arthibald1
      Arthibald1
      Bronze
      Play SNGs much easier.
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      I play both NL 2 ans NL4 on two pokerrooms.
      Lately i have been losing a lot so moved down from NL10.
      Its like a circle I win alot in one ssesion crash the limit then next time it seems like i cant win a hand, i get sucked out etc' maniacs and oter players whcih add to the varince even more.
      P.S. im not the best sng player and i dont really love sng cause they re way more affected by luck.
      Tried even playing HU sng so i played the 2$ buy in and logically it should be the most profitable game(because all the players on the limit are loose donkeys) but i played 5 times and won only twice... I mean if it was on cash hu i d stacking them all the time..

BTW you can watch vids i made today:
      http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZT7BZU9G
      http://www.megavideo.com/?v=2EQJ6ZBY
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SiXAT
      Its like a circle I win alot in one ssesion crash the limit then next time it seems like i cant win a hand, i get sucked out etc' maniacs and oter players whcih add to the varince even more.
      Sounds a lot like my experience since I moved to NL5. I think it might have to do with post flop leaks, at least in my case. It seems one needs to get people to fold a lot more before showdown in NL5+.

We're forming a study group with some other NL5ers, with similar problems to the ones depicted above, would you be interested in joining us?
    • jhustincase
      jhustincase
      Bronze
      im in what should i do 4?
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Originally posted by alenstrat
      Sounds a lot like my experience since I moved to NL5. I think it might have to do with post flop leaks, at least in my case. It seems one needs to get people to fold a lot more before showdown in NL5+.

We're forming a study group with some other NL5ers, with similar problems to the ones depicted above, would you be interested in joining us?
      I don't suppose you'd be interested in letting me get in on this would you please? I only play NL2 though :(
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      i am interested to enter the group but I have mostly time only on weekends
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      I think i made it.. on pokerstars i am still 50$ but my acount on vcpoker moved up from 100eu to 200 eu today...
      so I just play the players, weak players i play stright forward and no bluffs at all almost, attack the nitts and the regulars as much as possible so i am pretty confident now/
    • alenstrat
      alenstrat
      Bronze
      Great job. What is vcpoker, it isn't one of pokerstrategy's affiliates is it?
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      yeh you are right its one of the b2bpoker network pokrrooms i think,,
      and ohh i have to disappoint everyone again, yesterday i was beating everyone and outplaying all the regs with very loose range, i had 250$ so i moved up to 10NL and there i started losing even with a tight range...
      I post a video i think my problem isnt in some particular hands but maybe in the whole way a play/
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      so here is the video about 15 mins
      http://www.megavideo.com/?v=YUXM6QXN
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hi SiXAT,

I've been away from ps for a while so you probably don't know me. Not that I was famous or anything :D . But now I'm playing poker again at the micros.

I suspect those videos are fullring? I play shorthanded, but anyway, I will watch them later today. Maybe I can be helpful, but a study group will help you way more.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Yo SIXAT,

I have to say, you play pretty well. I really don't understand why you are loosing. Except if you make bluffs like with that AQ hand often :f_mad: .
      I think you choose a good betsize most of the time. I saw you recognize some spots where you can profitably double barrel as a bluff. You look at mucked hands, also very good.
      Maybe you can check a bit more often to induce bluffs, but I don't really have an example from the vid. I just have a feeling you never check when you have a good hand. But nevermind about this.

I was glad it was sh. As I said, I think you play pretty well and should be a winner, based on only this video of course.
      So most of these comments are really finetuning. Some spots where you can maximize your value a bit. But not mandatory things to win on these limits. I only commented on the hands where I think you could have done someting better of course.
      I dont have any reads you might have ofc and obv these comments are only my opinion. Don't take anything for granted. But I can say I am a winner on these mini stakes (how can I not be by now :s_biggrin: )

Video 1: (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=ZT7BZU9G)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

09:37 TBL3, QJo
      You bet out on the flop, I think you could better check-raise it. Somebody is going to bet this flop and there might even be some crazy action, especially since the original raiser was out of position against two cold-callers. This flop is so drawheavy. If the original raiser has anything he is going to bet and there is a good chance he will be called or raised on this board. If he doesn't bet, somebody behind him will most likely bet. But if you donk out here it looks pretty strong and it might shut down the crazy action that could happen. If the original raiser has anything, it's likely he will raise you and push out the two cold callers. If you look at his stack, it's likely he will just go all-in. Although in this case you still got the crazy action and got unlucky. It's not a mistake, but I think in general you miss out on some value here.

10:49 TBL2, Q7o
      The sb completes, he could have anything. Once he checks to you on the flop, I think you can try to steal the pot although you have almost no equity. The board isn't very drawy and it's very likely he completely missed. Again not a mistake of course, but still some missed value. Of course you will have to watch your image just a little bit doing things like this if there is a showdown. (I mean they will often try to 'trap' you afterwards, but it only makes them play worse).

14:14 TBL1, 33
      You can definetly open these small pocket pairs UTG. If you've been very active the last couple of hands and you think you will get 3bet very often, you could fold it. But on these limits people don't often 3bet but just call. You can represent high cards on the flop or hit a set.

14:14 TBL2, AQo
      I'm not sure about this hand as for preflop. It's a 5bb raise from UTG. You will often miss the flop and if you hit you could still be behind. Personally I would just fold it often because the raise is big and from UTG. I wouldn't fold if it's suited. But I really don't know if it's bad to call, I just tend to avoid these situations.

I think you played it pretty bad. You completely missed and a raise from UTG is generally pretty strong. You don't have a heart so it makes no sense to raise the flop here. He is almost never going to fold and you are out of position. You just can't rep very much. Once he checks back the turn you can be positive he has a heart, so shoving the river here is very very bad once the heart hits. If you want to bluff this hand you should have done it on the turn because he didn't reraise you flop raise, but it's a very bad spot to do so. He could be trapping you with an overpair with a heart for example.
      You really wasted 100 bb's in this hand. If you want a nice winrate you really can't do things like this.

Video 2: (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=2EQJ6ZBY)
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

02:23 TBL4, 44
      Donking out here makes no sense to me. 3-way pot and nobody will believe you. If you really hit that ace you wouldn't bet (or that's what they will think anyway). It totally looks like a bluff in this spot, so you should only do this when you're not bluffing.
      As played, you could have bluffed the river, because then it looks like you might have had the ace after all and wanted him to bluff the turn. Or you hit the flush (maybe more likely). It wouldn't be a total bluff because you'll have the best hand often, but at least you'll avoid a showdown. Well just cheking is fine too.

03:41 TBL4, 88
      I think just calling the flop is the best thing to do. You thought about raising I think, but made the right decision. You have the nuts and he might have nothing. If he has an overpair you can get it in anyway, and in case he just has overcards, you at least give him a chance to either hit or bluff.
      On the turn you could make a small raise though, you should especially do this if he would have bet smaller. In this case, there is a potsize bet left so calling is not terrible. You can just make the minraise on the turn though and suck him in. If he's bluffing with overcards or a flushdraw he's still going to call, but he might check-fold the river if he misses. Also he might fold an overpair from time to time if the flush hits on the river. And if you make the pot bigger now, he might even call with AK or something on the river even if he misses. I think the minraise is a bit better then shoving.

That last video (http://www.megavideo.com/?v=YUXM6QXN) didn't work.

GL :s_cool:
    • Blade90
      Blade90
      Bronze
      Imo just play the SNGs if u want to win... Much easier and less variance. Also, the fish at the micros are so so so teriblle if u can put in enough volume u can crush them. GL :)
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      SiXAT, you busted? Or don't log in often?

Want to hear your opinion as well!
    • SiXAT
      SiXAT
      Bronze
      hey sorry for ot replying i am logging in not very often
      managed to spot some leaks, and got to the point that i play kindda loose i need more buyins, so i can play with less variance.
      thx for the comments man.
      I suggest why dont we both and maybe anyone who wants post videos, it can be helpfull.
      about the:
      I prefer betting in first place beacuse my range of doing so is much weaker , my opponnet with put me on the weaker hand (a weak J like TJ,9J,JK, weak Q cause i am pretty aggressive with 3bets so QA i 3bet, staight draw flush draw that what he will think most often if i bet like half the pot.. ), and if i bet something like half pot a raise is much more often from him.
      The option of the check raise i dont like cause i dont think a weaker hand will often call, AJ folds, AQ if he is a good player folds 50/50 according to his read, maybe he will call KK, QQ, a flush draw when u check raise doesnt have the odds to contiune neither has fold equity, so its like i often isolate myself agaisnt sets.
      you are right i totally misoplayed the hand,check fold on flop , donking is possible ( cant remember what image this player had so i cant tell, but i think he had a tight one) beacuse i saw him as a tag a thought ok its a board he rarely hits i will make a play.
      prefred to fold cause this is a hand i dont want to play oop agaisnt loose players, maybe in posoiton, or if somebody limp raise to isolate.

I defend the hand with 44 cause i am often ahead of their ranges as i see, so he call with a weker hand and i won.. + its was kindda obvious for him i think that a had some kind of pair often 9 or weaker, with TT+ i often might value bet river.

the 3rd video doesnt work for me too, even though i chekced it after posting, i guess i ll either make a new one or repost it.

Hope u post your vids too.
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      hey sorry for ot replying i am logging in not very often
      That's okay )
      I'm not putting a lot of time into poker nowadays, just playing for fun a bit. Not really looking for improving my game atm, sorry.
      I used to win big at these stakes in the past, but last 16K hands or so (since I'm playing a bit again), I'm losing kinda big. Always strikes my confidence. If I do make a vid after all, I'll post it. But don't want to put a lot of time into poker anymore unless I have a br to play 100nl or so.

Anyway, wanted to comment a bit if I can remember the hands:

I prefer betting in first place beacuse my range of doing so is much weaker , my opponnet with put me on the weaker hand (a weak J like TJ,9J,JK, weak Q cause i am pretty aggressive with 3bets so QA i 3bet, staight draw flush draw that what he will think most often if i bet like half the pot.. ), and if i bet something like half pot a raise is much more often from him.
      The option of the check raise i dont like cause i dont think a weaker hand will often call, AJ folds, AQ if he is a good player folds 50/50 according to his read, maybe he will call KK, QQ, a flush draw when u check raise doesnt have the odds to contiune neither has fold equity, so its like i often isolate myself agaisnt sets.
      Yeah a lot of these decisions can change with gameflow. But don't fall into the trap of giving these guys too much credit for doing the right things! I do that sometimes. You've played a lot of hands and your game improved over time, but you're still playing the same stakes with the same type of people. Sometimes I start "leveling back", but almost all the time it seemed nobody was trying to level me in the first place ). You really can think too hard at these stakes!
      What I'm trying to say is don't blindly assume people fold flushdraws or whatever at these stakes because they get wrong odds.

you are right i totally misoplayed the hand,check fold on flop , donking is possible ( cant remember what image this player had so i cant tell, but i think he had a tight one) beacuse i saw him as a tag a thought ok its a board he rarely hits i will make a play.
      Yeah think donking is possible too, shut down if it doesn't work )).

prefred to fold cause this is a hand i dont want to play oop agaisnt loose players, maybe in posoiton, or if somebody limp raise to isolate.
      I don't know what's the best thing. I used to fold low pp in early pos too sometimes, but now I just raise them everytime and it shows profit.

I defend the hand with 44 cause i am often ahead of their ranges as i see, so he call with a weker hand and i won.. + its was kindda obvious for him i think that a had some kind of pair often 9 or weaker, with TT+ i often might value bet river.
      My comment on this one was pretty wrong, but didn't feel like changing it. On the river, you shouldn't have the best hand ever the way the hand played out. Guess you played it right ) He did have the 33 this time if I remember right ? ))
    • Ka0s
      Ka0s
      Bronze
      Hmm,

allin preflop with QQ, KK, AA, AK 41 times. -8 buyins :f_cry:

That's why I'm loosing lol.
    • AlCaTrAzzALZ
      AlCaTrAzzALZ
      Bronze
      if u want to get it all in pre with those hands, play SSS.

otherwise, why are you playing 100BB poker if your trying to do it all pre flop and taking our skill advantage over our opponents away?