Why do you refer new members to PokerStrategy.com?

• Poll
    • Do you refer new members to PokerStrategy.com?

Because I will receive rewards
        30%
        I don’t refer new members because I don’t know who I could refer
        27%
        Because I like what PokerStrategy.com has to offer and want to recommend it to others
        15%
        Because the current promotion makes it interesting for me to refer friends
        11%
        I don’t refer new members because I don’t like the payout options
        5%
        I don’t refer new members because I’m not convinced by the offers at PokerStrategy.com
        4%
        Because a very good payout option is available now
        4%
        Because every poker player should help promote poker
        4%
      Total: 74 Votes
    • Ankee
      Ankee
      Bronze
      This summer a lot has improved about our “Tell a friend” programme:

* With Moneybookers you can finally use a really good payout option
      * The summer promotion in June and July
      * A new strategy section: “Popularise Poker

We are curious to find out if and why you refer new members for our community – or why you don’t.

You can choose up to three possible answers.
      If you don’t like any of the possible answers or would like to add something, just reply in this thread and let us know what you think!
  • 11 replies
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      * Because I have 40$ and can't cash them out...
    • StaticMoth
      StaticMoth
      Silver
      Originally posted by Ankee
      We are curious to find out if and why you refer new members for our community – or why you don’t.
      99% of people are too lazy to read anything longer than 3 sentences and thus incapable of completing the quiz aaand too skeptic, even when thoroughly explained "how/what/why", when it comes to "free money" and possible ID checks ... Barely cleared my $50 from TaF - only 2 referals have made it ITM from the gazillion ones that I've referred here.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Had three friends who passed quiz and none of them have received starting capital. They also claim no further correspondance was entered into. As to the validity of this statement I am unsure, nevertheless the bottom line is I can no longer be bothered to attempt referrals.

I recently had my status downgraded from gold in the middle of the month while I had the understanding that you keep your status until the end of the month. Perhaps things have changed or I didn't understand how this worked to begin with but it was vaguely annoying regardless.

While I continue to be appreciative of all pokerstrategy.com has offered I no longer play through a tracked site and will no longer be referring friends here for the time being.

w34z3l
    • Wriggers
      Wriggers
      Bronze
      Of the 4 real life friends i've referred only 1 has bothered to pass the quiz and got the capital :( GOt a few online referrals and managed to cash out twice. I just don't know enough people to keep referring, and i've got $25 in my TAF account, and no-one i've referred seems to be playing anymore :(
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      most of my friends dont like poker b/c
      -it is considered gambing
      -consider it boring
    • gedwashere91
      gedwashere91
      Bronze
      I've referred 2 people who both have cash accounts and have both obtained Silver status at least once, but neither of them used my referral code so I didn't get sh*t :s_mad:
    • monkey0nfire
      monkey0nfire
      Bronze
      had a total of 3 friends try, a total of 3 friends completing the quiz, and a total of 3 friends not following thru with ID checks etc...they all think its a hoax even when I am proof that it isnt...so ive given up..would be good to be hooked up to this tho!
    • szury
      szury
      Bronze
      well I am an affiliate here for 3 years now. I am doing it for the cash and because I like having a website.
    • fewri
      fewri
      Bronze
      I have refer more of 15 friends and i have cash out about 250$ from TAF money im happy and i will refer more friends in Pokerstrategy i already have a forum wen players can register from my banner.
    • thunderbird56
      thunderbird56
      Bronze
      Originally posted by szury
      well I am an affiliate here for 3 years now. I am doing it for the cash and because I like having a website.
      Hi szury,

I see you have been doing very well as an affiliate. I would like to have some talk with you. Maybe we can share experience and even some co-operation oppotunities as well. Le me know your MSN or Skype.

Regards,
      thunder
    • ukwagon
      ukwagon
      Bronze
      Originally posted by monkey0nfire
      had a total of 3 friends try, a total of 3 friends completing the quiz, and a total of 3 friends not following thru with ID checks etc...they all think its a hoax even when I am proof that it isnt...so ive given up..would be good to be hooked up to this tho!
      Same for me :(