Quiz of the week: Donk bets (2) - Confrontations with donk bets heads-up

• djma123
      djma123
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

the scenario isn't that uncommon: You were the aggressor pre-flop and you thought that it would be all smooth sailing after the flop given your position on the opponent. But instead of playing along the villain fancies a donk bet and you find yourself in a slightly uncomfortable spot.

Is this really a value bet? Is villain just bluffing? Is my hand still good? These and other questions are part of our new quiz of the week that deals with facing donk bets in a heads-up situation. Do you have what it takes to take a donk bettor down? Find out in the new quiz of the week:

What do you think? How many points did you score? Was it too easy, too hard? Share your thoughts in this thread!
  • 5 replies
    • h0ney21
      h0ney21
      Bronze
      GOOD QUIZ That i ever had experience
    • dylboi011
      dylboi011
      Bronze
      wooho! ;)

You scored 34 out of 36 possible points. This corresponds to 94 %!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      Very nice quiz. Saw Jacks when it was J-T for some reason lol. So I lost 6 points for on reason -_-.

I didn't really agree with question 2 too! If villain has k9, k10, kJ, KQ, he can easily hits two pair and donk you out.
    • mrkaktus
      mrkaktus
      Bronze
      Is there anybody to discuss in more depth reasoning of Q 1,2,4,6??? I quite dont like it, but there is good possibility that Im mistaken :f_biggrin: Or if author of the quiz stops by Id have some questions :) but dont want to write it now as Im at work and it will be a little bit longer post. thanks :)

EDIT: now I see the headline of this thread is COnfrontation with donkbets heads up. my question regards donkbets in mw pots. I clicked at discuss the quiz but it somehow redirected me here or is this thread also for that quiz?
    • Imimba1
      Imimba1
      Bronze
      Question #8.

What is our plan here? I mean, if we call and he 2ndbarrels on ANY board..
      I mean, what do we expect on the turn? Calling and then folding ont he turn would be a wase of money. We payed 2$ more before we folded.