Hero (BTN): $3.93
      SB: $4.16
      BB: $6.78
      UTG: $4.88
      UTG+1: $2.02
      UTG+2: $9.28
      MP1: $11.33
      MP2: $7.63

Pre-Flop: 7:heart: 5:heart: dealt to Hero (BTN)
      4 folds, MP2 calls $0.05, CO folds, Hero calls $0.05, SB calls $0.03, BB checks

Flop: ($0.20) A:club: T:heart: 9:heart: (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB bets $0.10, MP2 calls $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, SB folds

Turn: ($0.50) Q:heart: (3 Players)
      BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB raises to $0.70, MP2 folds, Hero calls $0.35

River: ($1.90) 7:club: (2 Players)
      BB bets $1.15,

Hi everyone,

Preflop it was probably a big fold.. Anyway as the hand continues.. Since his check-min-raise on the turn shows great strength.. Am I still able to make a positive river call?

Thx 4 any feedback

Greetzz
  • 6 replies
    • fryandspicy
      fryandspicy
      Bronze
      Yeah i'd definately call. He's clearly a bit of an idiot if he's going for the check raise into three opponents in a limped pot when they all played the flop passively (according to the bronze article on how to play in an unraised pot anyway, if i recall correctly) so he might not have as much strength as he's representing.

So he could really conceivably have two pair or trips or worse. Since the board didn't pair you beat alot of his range for raising on the river there in my opinion.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      K thx again for ur feedback.. Well u would be surprised how many min-raises postflop are for real value and with strong hands imo.. certainly a check min-raise although idiotic :tongue: .. And a nut flush with Axs is not afraid here to be called and shouldn't worry for protecting his hand.. But in the end, I'd probably still agree with u that he can still make this play with enough hands that I can beat (two pair and sets ) to make a call worthwhile..

Greetzz
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      First of all, find that option to auto rebuy to 100bb. Always play with 100bb or more if you're playing BSS. You are losing a lot playing with under 80bb. Secondly, you are calling pf and on the flop for the flush, right? Then just try to get it in!! Straights get there too with that Qh so he might mr a straight + a possible flush redraw.

As for the pf fold, if you have a TAG image and MP2 is a bad player I would raise actually, to play a pot IP against him with a speculative hand. As played just get it in on the turn as you have ~$3 left. It makes no sense to play it if you don't want to get your money in when you hit.

I really hate playing >3way pots as you really have a hard time finding out where you stand in the hand. I guess that limping was the mistake in this hand and believe a raise against MP2 would have been the most profitable play.
    • DonCorleone369
      DonCorleone369
      Bronze
      Thx for telling me about the auto rebuy to 100 bb for BSS.. And once again I'd agree with u on ur preflop advice :tongue: .. either open-raise (not in this case) or fold or isolate raise villain if he is a bad player and I have a TAG image.. In this hand, I wasn't sure of villain's general play so made the :f_biggrin: call..
    • BattleHunter
      BattleHunter
      Coach
      Coach
      It very much depends on MP and the blinds. To be honest sometimes I also like limping here. Here are my reasons:

1) does MP often limp/fold? If he has high VPIP, does he fold to cbet often? 75s is a great hand that often semi-bluffs and flops mid pair, but against a fish that doesn't fold too much to cbet it's not that great. If he does, then isolating is indeed superior, as long as the blinds are not 3bet happy.

2) If we do limp behind, we encourage the blinds to tag along, often SB calls with useless hands "because it's just 1/2 blind"and more often than not BB will check (blinds on micros usually aren't good at defending themselves neither vs limps, not vs. steals)

With these 2 things in mind, I sometimes find a limp here too with such hands.

Now the flop is good, we get great odds to chase our fd, but on the turn I definitely think we should raise. 1st of all he often has a pair + better flush DRAW here. We also crush all top pairs, two pairs and sets that he might still value "raise".
      Sometimes he does have the flush here, but I think it's a small part of his range here.

As played I'd call river.
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      First of all, find that option to auto rebuy to 100bb. Always play with 100bb or more if you're playing BSS. You are losing a lot playing with under 80bb. Secondly, you are calling pf and on the flop for the flush, right? Then just try to get it in!! Straights get there too with that Qh so he might mr a straight + a possible flush redraw.

As for the pf fold, if you have a TAG image and MP2 is a bad player I would raise actually, to play a pot IP against him with a speculative hand. As played just get it in on the turn as you have ~$3 left. It makes no sense to play it if you don't want to get your money in when you hit.

I really hate playing >3way pots as you really have a hard time finding out where you stand in the hand. I guess that limping was the mistake in this hand and believe a raise against MP2 would have been the most profitable play.
      This.

As for BattleHunter's point 1), nothing forces us to blindly c-bet at people that don't fold to them. If we raise preflop and completely whiff the flop against somebody we can't bluff out of the pot, just giving up is ok. We put ourselves into a situation where we could have won a lot of money if we had hit something and we'll only lose a few bbs when we don't unless we spew into a calling station, there is nothing wrong with letting it go unless we improve.

hope it helps.