or8 people

• dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      Hello fellow poker players how d ya do

Im Daniel 24 years old from Barnsley near Sheffield, England. I have been playing poker for about a year and a half. I never really liked tha game at first..... couldnt stand it to be honest, that wasnt untill i bought new phone with a built in texas holdem game. I ended up trying to play it while a was skiving off work :D I liked it! Later that week i got a friend to sit me down and learn me how to play proper poker..... or so i thought. Anyway I got a grasp of the basic concepts then took what i learned to the tables.... on zynga that is :s_biggrin: I somehow managed to work my way upto about 8.5m chips through tournaments and ring games while all my friends struggled to reach 500k I thought i was poker king......... that was untill i hit the cash tables boywas i wrong ignorance is bliss when ur a fish :f_biggrin:

After depositing the odd £10 here the odd £10 their and getting no return u no as ya do didnt have a clue about BRM, i realised my game needed a hell of a lot of work. So i watched the odd video i found online (secrets of no limit hold em i think) read a couple of ebooks and kept playing. I knew i was doing something right because my £10 was lasting longer each time :s_biggrin: still had no clue about BRM. Anyway i ended up stumbling across this site somehow in september last year, I think i was searching for free poker bankrolls. So i read the aritcles passed the quiz but never got the free roll :f_cry: dont think i tried properly tbh. I never made use of this site because i kept playing on another account that wasnt tracked so i just used to browse the forums like a ghost in the background picking up bits of usefull information as i went along.

That was untill April this year when an accident at work ment that my leg was partially severed and had to be re-built OUCH!! ;( So as i had nothing to do but sit around all day recovering, I decided to deposit some $100 hard earned cash onto my tracked account so that i'd be rolled for nl5 (near enough) and so I could take advantage of what this site has to offer, and here i am :P

Thanks allready to EmanuelC16 an Duudalinja for ur replies in the hand evaluation forum. as thats the first time iv posted on this site,felt a little wierd not introducing my self so their ya go

Good luck to u all!! :f_cool:
  • 2 replies
    • justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Hey dannyf85,

Welcome to PokerStrategy.com and the Community.

Woah, what a story!!! Sorry to hear about your leg. Hope your ok, sounds terrible :(

Well, I hope you make a full recovery and you improve you game. You've taken the first few steps to doing so that's for sure. Hand evaluations are so important to your game.
      Good luck with it all and if you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Kyle.
    • dannyf85
      dannyf85
      Bronze
      Thanks Kyle hopefully my leg and my poker will get better :) will be spending alot more time on study as I have nothing but time these days

btw hand evaluations are a massive help

thanks again and good luck