Anybody use Ubuntu?

• garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      Does Anybody on this website use Ubuntu instead of windows. (or, I guess any other linux based operating systems).................

I use it, and run full tilt poker through Wine.

If anybody else uses Ubuntu, can they let me know what poker tracker website they use. I don't think the elephant one works. I know I sound like a bit of a noob, but I've been playing rush poker so didnt really feel the need for a tracker. But I'm going to switch to normal ring games now, and I want to have information about oponents.
  • 7 replies
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Hi,
      I'm having the same problem, although I came across this: fpdb - free poker data base. It's an open source tracker for Linux. It only supports pokerstars, fulltilt and everleaf network.

I've never tried it tho. My bankroll's on titan but going to move to either PS/FTP at the end of the month when I've clear my bonus. Hate playing without stats!

Hope that helps
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      Thank you I'll give it a look now.
    • JannoT
      JannoT
      Bronze
      I dont use ubuntu but this other linux distro.
      Full Tilt was really unstable with wine for me, crashed a lot while playing.

So i started using virtual machine to run Windows XP. Its working nicely and also PS software works fine including PS Elephant. :f_biggrin:
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      I think it is much easier if you use a VM to run all poker applications.

So you can use all the available software (Elephant, Equilator, Poker clients,...)

Best regards,
      Hannes
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      why don't you just create a partition and dual boot to windows?
    • garyk5846
      garyk5846
      Bronze
      Originally posted by conall88
      why don't you just create a partition and dual boot to windows?
      I deleted windows completely (stupidly) when moving to Ubuntu, and I don't have a windows cd in order to create a partition. I might try a virtual machine but I'm not too sure how.
    • kevinanchi1
      kevinanchi1
      Basic
      I use Ubuntu, i say that keeping it updates always and daily will save your day and efforts :) this what i am doing and my suggestion is that u can have a multi boot system i have both windows and ubuntu on my PC