PokerStrategy.com League of Champions: Application thread

• MichaelM
      MichaelM
      Bronze

Apply now and become the champion to represent your community in the PokerStrategy.com League of Champions powered by PartyPoker

There are two ways to enter the PartyPoker.com League of Champions powered by PartyPoker:
      1. Win one of 20 qualification tournaments (16 $300 freerolls, 2x $11 buy-in, 2x $55 buy-in)
      2. Apply in this thread: Get selected to represent your community in the League of Champions

How can I get selected?

Post your application to become a champion in a reply to this thread by 23.08.2010.
      Introduce yourself to the members and explain why you should be the champion.

In four subsequent community votes, our members get to make their choice. The applicant who gets the most votes in the final voting round qualifies for the League of Champions and will represent the English language community.

Apply now and you might soon play for a total prize pool of $43,500 as the representative of the English language PokerStrategy.com community.

Entry requirements:
      • All Bronze members and above can apply to become champion
      • Only Bronze members and above are eligible to vote
      • Please only apply if you are genuinely interested. Your application has to include a portrait format photo of yourself.
      • If more than 50 members apply, PokerStrategy.com will carry out a pre-selection. Your chances at being selected increase with the quality of your application.
      • When you submit your application, you agree to publicly appear in news articles, forum posts, interviews, etc. at PokerStrategy.com.
      • You can only apply to become champion within your own language community. If you apply in more than one community, you will be disqualified.

Community champion selection process

• Submit your application in this thread by 23.08.2010

The selection process is divided into four stages

Vote 1, 19.08.2010: 50 applicantsEvery member can cast up to 3 votes
      Vote 2, 23.08.2010: 15 winners from the first vote Every member can cast up to 2 votes
      Vote 3, 27.08.2010: 5 winners from the second vote Every member can cast up to 1 vote
      Vote 4, 31.08.2010: 2 winners from the third voteEvery member can cast up to 1 vote

*Update*

Hey folks,

Thank you all for your applications.

As we didn't receive more than 15 applications, we will skip the first vote which was planned for today and start the actual voting phase on Monday, 23.08.2010.

We still accept applications until Monday, 23.08.2010, up to a total of 15 applications.

If you still want to participate in the League of Champions don't miss the Qualifier Tournaments and win a spot as a champion for the english language community. Good luck!
  • 44 replies
    • jmackenzie
      jmackenzie
      Silver
      I think this is one for eaglestar you'll get my vote.
    • Cardbender
      Cardbender
      Bronze
      If there are tickets awarded via this thread I would love to be one of the winners!

Although I hope to win a few freerolls! :)

Vote for me please I'll try my best to ship this!

opr says: I have a life time roi of 20% w/rebuy, 2008-95% rating, 2009-99% rating, 2010-tbd, 1750~ mtts @ Stars. 12 - 1sts and 44 - 1st ties "Sunday mill satellites mainly"

Pokerstrategy events: lost HU for 2nd vs Soy-Cd in the PLO community event, played on most of soy-cds winning teams during BOTD other than when I played on Media Maniacs! "We will make you poor and famous!" :D

Made final table twice vs the Spaniards only to lose with KK and a flip in last BOTD.

and enough about me I know there are a few guys here that get my vote so enter a comment all!

gl !

:s_grin: :s_grin: :s_grin:

edit: I didn't see we had to post a pic here to be considered, this is one of the only digital pics i have atm if you want a better one let me know.

• JBCD71
      JBCD71
      Global
      Hello ,my name is Johnny Cabral also known as Johnny (ACES) i would love to be selected to represent my cummunity,i know have skill,patience,determination,and the will to win..i also think this would help my game.Please select me to represent my english cummunity and to face this challenge,it would be lots of fun and positive experience.Johnny (ACES)Cabral.See you at the tables.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jmackenzie
      :f_love: :f_love: :f_love:

Awwww thanks James, that's really nice of you, but I think I'll probably let other community members have a chance with this instead, unless I receive a signed petition of 1,000+ members asking me to lol.

I will certainly have a go at the community events though, might just bink a win and should be good banter.

Come on chaps/ladies, get your applications in, chance of a lifetime.

Best regards,

Bart

English Community ftw... always!
    • Schnitzelfisch
      Schnitzelfisch
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Awwww thanks James, that's really nice of you, but I think I'll probably let other community members have a chance with this instead, unless I receive a signed petition of 1,000+ members asking me too lol.

I will certainly have a go at the community events though, might just bink a win and should be good banter.

Best regards,

Bart

It's a 2 people petition now! 998 to go :f_cool:
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze
      Hello,

My name is TobyCS and most of you know me as just Toby. I currently play 50NL SH and MTT on Full Tilt Poker and also some tournaments on PokerStars. I have recently won the daily dollar on Full Tilt Poker but have been struggling in cash games recently. I have been working on my game a lot recently and trying to improve my mindset because I think that is my worst aspect of my game. Here is a picture of cute dogs your your enjoyment:

[This is not an effort to gain votes!]

Aside from poker I enjoying playing golf and playing computer games. I currently have a handicap around of 15. It used to be lower but I took a break when I broke my arm and had to recover. I currently play a lot of Left 4 Dead 2 with friends which is super fun and also planning on getting Starcraft 2 (hopefully it doesn't take over my life).

You should vote for me to be represent this community because:
      • I am very responsible
      • I like a challenge
      • I am motivated
      • I am exciting

If you vote me I will do the best job possible and make sure that a member from this community becomes the champion! Vote me and you won't be disappointed! :)

• Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Primzi
      Originally posted by EagleStar88

Awwww thanks James, that's really nice of you, but I think I'll probably let other community members have a chance with this instead, unless I receive a signed petition of 1,000+ members asking me too lol.

Best regards,

Bart

It's a 2 people petition now! 998 to go :f_cool:
      +1
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      hello!

my name is TwiceT aka thaSickestSoulreader&MindfuckerInTown aka 007 ... if u still dont know me, check out my blog :f_p: [link in signature]

:diamond: why do i apply?

i want to represent the english community, kick asses vs germans, russians etc and win the league :f_biggrin:
      english community > all :f_cool:

:diamond: what do i wanna do if i win for the engl. community ?

- do a special public coaching for our community. game type & limit is up to the users
      - do the king julien dance :f_cool:

• EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by TwiceT

If you film yourself doing the King Julien dance after winning and post it on the forum I'll 110% vote for you. :D Deal?
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16

If you film yourself doing the King Julien dance after winning and post it on the forum I'll 110% vote for you. :D Deal?
      def. that was the plan. to do the king julien dance in another video blog :f_biggrin:
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I think I'd be happier not to see you doing the king julien dance, but you get my vote anyway.
    • tcs35
      tcs35
      Bronze

I will vote for you if you do it regardless of whether you win or lose
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      wtf, i'll do anything for another episode of TT video blog lmao. you get my vote sir! :f_biggrin:
    • 1seednoir1
      1seednoir1
      Bronze
      Hi evryone,

It's always exciting and sad to come here and see all of u guys...
      Exciting to remember all the time spent with all of u... sad that I couldn't keep coming here as much as I use to.
      I've spent a piece of my life in this great adventure and coming back here always remind me of how happy I use to be...

I'll be part of this great event (a great evolution of the BOTD). Hope to see all of u during the qualifying rounds

regards,
    • peche025
      peche025
      Bronze
      Hi,

I'm Craig aka peche025 born and raised in England and now residing in Iceland.

At the moment i'm moving up from NL25 -> NL50 rush on FT, i'd love to represent our community and ship some moneez in the challenge.

I've got some experience playing SnG and cash game FR and SH.

I'm a great guy and I promise I'll try my best to do out community proud.

If i'm selected and allowed I'll play all the MTT's over teamviewer so the whole community can watch and support.

Gl at the tables
      peche

Edit:

This is me in action :f_cool:

• rolstoel
      rolstoel
      Bronze
      my name is rolst

av been a competitive gamer(sponsored) for around 2 years

i started playing poker around 3 years ago and havent look back since

absolutly love the game and also realized i had a look on the game diffrent from others iv played against

i would love to represent the community and this would give me a chance to show the skills i have aquired over the past year given to me by the community itself..

thanx

rolst
    • anti5ive
      anti5ive
      Bronze
      i would like to be nominated because i like a game of poker, end of.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      If I thought this was just about liking poker and having a laugh I'd nominate me and Waiboy. But, come on. It's got to be TwiceT hasn't it?
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Originally posted by 1seednoir1
      Hi evryone,

It's always exciting and sad to come here and see all of u guys...
      Exciting to remember all the time spent with all of u... sad that I couldn't keep coming here as much as I use to.
      I've spent a piece of my life in this great adventure and coming back here always remind me of how happy I use to be...

I'll be part of this great event (a great evolution of the BOTD). Hope to see all of u during the qualifying rounds

regards,
      Welcome back Seed,

Good to see you again buddy ;)

Best regards,

Bart