What is the League of Champions?
The PokerStrategy.com League of Champions is a poker league, in which 36 players are competing against each other. Face your 35 rivals on 18 MTT match days, spread out over 6 weeks, and become one of 5 champions to make it to the playoffs, which boast a total prize pool of $43,500.
How can I participate in the League of Champions?
Qualify for the league phase in 20 qualification tournaments - or get selected as a champion to represent our English language community in the league.
Get selected by your community
- Submit your application in the application thread by 18.08.2010 and tell the community why you should be selected as the champion
- After the pre-selection process, the community will vote for a champion in forum polls
- Up to 16 players from 13 language communities can qualify for the league through the community vote
Qualify for the league in 20 tournaments
Phase 1: Qualification 14.08 – 03.09
- 16 freeroll tournaments with a guaranteed prize pool of $300 each
- Two $11 MTTs and two $55 MTTs
- Tournaments are held on a daily basis
- There is a total of 20 tournaments
- The qualification tournaments start on Saturday, 14.08.2010
- Monday to Friday: 18:00 GMT
- Saturday: 20:00 GMT
- Sunday: 16:00 GMT
- the winner of each tournament receives a ticket to the league - in addition to the prize money for the 1st place
Find more details in the Tournament schedule
The league: 36 champions, 18 match days and 18 community freerolls
Phase 2: League 15.09 – 26.10
- 18 match days, spread out over a period of six weeks
- There are 15x 36-player MTTs without a buy-in and without any prize money, as well as three final 36-player MTTs with a prize pool of $2,000 each
- The five players with the highest number of points make it to the playoffs
- 18 accompanying $500 community freerolls at PartyPoker, each starting one hour before the main event
- Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 18:00 GMT
The points in the league are distributed as follows:
Rank 1: 15 points
Rank 2: 12 points
Rank 3: 10 points
Rank 4: 8 points
Rank 5: 7 points
Rank 6: 6 points
Rank 7: 5 points
Rank 8: 4 points
Rank 9: 3 points
Rank 10: 2 points
Rank 11: 1 point
Rank 12: 1 point
Rank 13: 0 points
Rank 14: ...
The playoffs: 5 champions and a total prize pool of $43,500
Phase 3: Playoffs 30.10 – 07.11
- The five best players from the league will play in the playoffs according to their points
- The playoffs will be played heads-up, in a "Best of 3" mode
- The final will be played in a "Best of 5" mode
- The player who ranked fifth in the league will face the player who ranked fourth
- The winner of this match will face the player who ranked third in the league
- The winner of this match will face the player who ranked second in the league
- The winner of this match will face the player who ranked first in the league in the final heads-up game
Make sure to check out our news about the PokerStrategy.com League of Champions powered by PartyPoker and bookmark this thread to keep up to date with the latest information on the League of Champions.
Important notes and entry conditions:
• In order to participate in the qualification tournaments and the accompanying freerolls, you need a PartyPoker account tracked to PokerStrategy.com.
• By participating in the League of Champions, you automatically agree to appear in news articles, forum posts, interviews, etc., and to be listed in result overviews, rankings, etc.
• Before you participate, please make sure you are available during the playoffs. It is not possible to change any match dates! If you don't participate in a match, this will automatically be counted as a loss.
• If several players finish the league phase with the same amount of points, the player who won the most matches during the league phase qualifies. If this is a tie again, we will consider the number of matches in which the players finished second place, and so on.
• If a player qualifies for the league through a qualification tournament as well as through the community vote, the second ranked player from the given qualification tournament also receives a ticket to the league.
• The terms and conditions of PartyPoker and PokerStrategy.com apply. Any form of collusion is not permitted. If PartyPoker or PokerStrategy.com notice a breach of rule, all involved participants will be disqualified.
• PokerStrategy.com retains the right to exclude players from the League of Champions at any time.
• Your application has to include a portrait format photo of you. By submitting your application, you automatically agree to publicly appear in news articles, forum posts, interviews, etc. at PokerStrategy.com. After the application deadline on the 18.08.2010, the community votes for a champion in four phases. All Bronze members and above are eligible to vote.
• You may only apply to become champion in one of the communities. If you apply in more than one PokerStrategy.com community, you will be disqualified.
• All listed times are given in Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)