This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 AQ in SB

• BigAl123456
      BigAl123456
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.02 NL - Holdem - 9 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

MP+1: $0.70
      LP: $2.19
      CO: $2.27
      BTN: $2.38
      Hero (SB): $3.66
      BB: $2.00
      UTG: $4.02
      UTG+1: $2.12
      MP: $1.59

Hero posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has Q:spade: A:heart:

fold, UTG+1 raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.12, CO calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.56, 3 players) 8:club: T:heart: 4:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.18, fold, fold

I think 3 betting was the right option, Villains might of thought I was a Making a move.
  • 1 reply
    • MaestroOfZerg
      MaestroOfZerg
      Bronze
      Hi,

Preflop is okay even tho good players usually won't think you're making a move when you do it from the blinds against an early position raiser. At microstakes you likely have the best hand a good chunk of the time anyway so you can't go wrong with it. If the original raiser is tight/taggish you might prefer flatting and looking for good postflop spots.

On the flop c-betting is mandatory, but I'd make it bigger. I know it's a dry board and all so it's not required to bet big to make people fold when they have nothing in theory. In practice, people easily get suspicious/cally when it's cheap, which could lead to you having to check/fold later on even tho your hand might be best. So I'd rather err on the side of betting more to begin with, like $0.3+. Even if we get called, with two overcards and some backdoors we don't mind the pot behind slightly bigger.

Hope it helps.