Level 3 HUD for level 3 thinking?

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I was thinking last night about how to keep track of my image using my HUD. I have my stats for the table displayed, so I know how I've been playing at that particular table. That's fine for players I haven't sat down with before, but if I'm sat down with someone with whom I have played say 500 hands (or someone who's multitabling), presumably they have the stats on these 500 hands displayed next to me in their HUD. So he has a read on me, but I don't know what that read is, unless I can display my perceived VPIP/PFR/AS, etc, next to him. As far as I know, this isn't available in PT3 or HEM, but the data is there, so it should be possible. My question is, am I right? I'd love PT3 to do this for me. If I am right, do you think I should suggest it to the nice PT3 people?
  • 23 replies
    • roswellx
      roswellx
      Bronze
      HUDs shouldn't be relied on completely and such addition hud would cover most of your tables. Especially when playing multi tables. Additionally such levelings do not occur in micro stakes. Maybe only when playing HU but still...

It's more important to profile opponents and know what type of opponent do in poker in general. Focusing on individual stats when having not big enough sample size, in my opinion, is highly misleading when playing poker.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I suspect you're right, but I really only want to know for the moment how often I've been blind stealing against a particular opponent.
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      The problem is it's going to be different for every player at your table, so the HUD would need to change in real time, not after each hand like it does at the moment. Unless it was a tab you could click to list the stats. But that's then starting to sound like a lot or processing for the database to do every hand, and it would likely slow it down too much.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by lollujo
      The problem is it's going to be different for every player at your table, so the HUD would need to change in real time, not after each hand like it does at the moment..
      I don't see why it couldn't change after every hand. I mean, in the example I gave, if I've played 500 hands against someone, but only 5 hands against most of the other players, my AS stats as perceived by him aren't going to be changing fast.
    • MrPavlos
      MrPavlos
      Global
      level 3 thinking over level 3 hud,cannot compute easily

is this a level?
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I am doing my level best to ask a level question.
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jbpatzer
      The problem is it's going to be different for every player at your table, so the HUD would need to change in real time, not after each hand like it does at the moment..
      I don't see why it couldn't change after every hand. I mean, in the example I gave, if I've played 500 hands against someone, but only 5 hands against most of the other players, my AS stats as perceived by him aren't going to be changing fast.
      If you wanted it actually on the HUD, it would need to change in real time to show how the person currently active in the hand sees your stats. If you were happy for it to be in a menu it could change every hand, but then you have to go looking for the stats so they're not as useful.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I don't want it to appear next to me. I want it as an extra line on Villain's stats. Just their perception of my VPIP/PFR/AS/FTS and number of hands would do nicely!
    • elhh82
      elhh82
      Bronze
      Use notes.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      Use notes.
      Too lazy. Can't do it when multitabling either. Anyway, what's the point of playing online if you can't make optimal use of your computer? No point in having a dog, then barking yourself!
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      you can program this yourself as a filter but sadly I don't think you can put custom filters in the hud for Hem or PT3. Not 100% sure about PT3 though
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elhh82
      Use notes.
      Too lazy.
      Use NoteCaddy.
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tokyoaces

Use NoteCaddy.
      Interesting. I've not seen that before.
    • lollujo
      lollujo
      Bronze
      I don't want it to appear next to me. I want it as an extra line on Villain's stats. Just their perception of my VPIP/PFR/AS/FTS and number of hands would do nicely!
      I understand now. I'll get my coat...
    • jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      I understand now. I'll get my coat...
      I think we may be drifting off topic, but.... :f_biggrin:

• jbpatzer
      jbpatzer
      Bronze
      It would appear that the new version of HEM is going to include this. As it was all my idea, do you think I should ask for some royalties? :D
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      I was thinking last night about how to keep track of my image using my HUD. I have my stats for the table displayed, so I know how I've been playing at that particular table. That's fine for players I haven't sat down with before, but if I'm sat down with someone with whom I have played say 500 hands (or someone who's multitabling), presumably they have the stats on these 500 hands displayed next to me in their HUD. So he has a read on me, but I don't know what that read is, unless I can display my perceived VPIP/PFR/AS, etc, next to him. As far as I know, this isn't available in PT3 or HEM, but the data is there, so it should be possible. My question is, am I right? I'd love PT3 to do this for me. If I am right, do you think I should suggest it to the nice PT3 people?
      I also was thinking of this. It would be useful to know what stats villain has on you on all the hands played together.

You know how when you double click on the HUD (HEM) the background color changes and it only appears the hands played at that table that session. I think it can be included easily with another double click, change the background color of the hud again, then show your perceived stats, from that opponents point of view, from all the hands played together.

We take a short look, we get an idea, then double click and we have villain's stats again. =)
    • conall88
      conall88
      Bronze
      am trying out HM2 atm. seems hero hud can be diff from rest of table. will open new possibilities to you.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Interesting idea.......might not be overly accurate for a few reasons.

1 - Villain may not have all played hands vs you stored in his database for whatever reason.

2 - Villain may have more hands on you than you think if he has played vs you under different aliases (i.e merge/ipoker)

3 - Villain may have purchased hand histories hence augmenting the data he has stored on you.

4 - Villain may be using software with a central database such as poker-edge again augmenting the data he has on you.

The information is also possibly irrelevant if villain doesn't care what you are doing, is not using a HUD, and is not going to adjust. You obviously don't want to be playing level 3 in this situation.

Anyways, cool idea vs the right opponents.