Need some advice.

• drumbox
      drumbox
      Bronze
      Hi everyone, i am a little pissed right now, so i hope you can give me some opinions. I lost the free 50 long ago and since then i have become much better player, i had some decent success, but not in a long term. I had a break from poker about 3-4 months until 3 weeks ago, since then I had won money from about 10 or 15 freerolls, and its seems imposible to turn a dollar in to someting more. Its like i have a great session after wining the money i manage to turn a dollar in to something like 3-4 dollars playing 2/4 cent FLHE, but on the next day, i lose the money, and i don't do anything wrong. So i hope if someone did manage to make a good bankroll from freerolls, to give me some advice.
  • 12 replies
    • Jan217
      Jan217
      Bronze
      If you want to do it in a way that will make it unlikely for you to bust you (as long as you're playing with an edge) you need to play the freerolls untill you have accumulated enough for a bankroll within BRM for the .2/.4 FLHE (not sure what that is but at least ~$20?). Otherwise you're just taking shots which might work but can also just as easily end with you losing it all without doing anything wrong. Freerolls are probabely the most soul destroying way in which to start a bankroll, but if you're really dedicated it can be done. :)

Otherwise you can always scour the internet for other free bankroll offers, I have a friend whos probabely made the internet community some $300 richer just from all the free bankrolls he's blown, so they're definately out there. ^^

Good luck!
    • MatejM47
      MatejM47
      Black
      Well it really hard to start building your bankroll from freerolls, since you have to grind at least 50$ to start playing like NL2. You need to stick to BRM or you'll go bust sooner or later, unless you hit a sick upswing. You either have to deposit, or you can use tell a friend program to get an extra few $$$ to get you started.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      will you give your head a shake do you think your chris ferguson :baby: ?(

if people could turn free rolls ionto a proper bank roll they wouldn make a doposit just deposi mony and start playing proper cause free rolls are hopless
    • drumbox
      drumbox
      Bronze
      I never said that i am Chris Ferguson. And if you have something stupid like this to say keep it to yourself. I have come here for some advise, if you don't have any don't waste my time.
    • Hlynkinn
      Hlynkinn
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pogodon
      will you give your head a shake do you think your chris ferguson :baby: ?(

if people could turn free rolls ionto a proper bank roll they wouldn make a doposit just deposi mony and start playing proper cause free rolls are hopless
      I have a nice $700 bankroll on pokerstars built on freerolls...
      Everything can be done..
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i did give you dvice deposit money kid and if u really other ella i ureally make a bank through free rolls fair play but realisticaly its too hard
    • drumbox
      drumbox
      Bronze
      Yes you did. Sorry that I reacted that way, but the truth is i don't have the money to deposit, i know that for you 10 $ deposit is nothing but i have to live 2 days with 10 $. So i really think that trying to build BR from freerolls is the best choice for now.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      no im the same as u i used to play free rolls ive won plenty of them but the same thing always happened i just lost it by ridiculous bad beat, i honestly don't believe u can make a bankroll through free rolls but i suppose anything is possible
    • Mulatu
      Mulatu
      Bronze
      Of course it can be done.
      I built a bankroll from scratch on Full Tilt.
      It's hard work and takes a lot of discipline, but in the long run I also learned a lot from this exercise.

I started with Free Rolls in February. My first cash was for $7.50 in a Razz MTT. Next I cashed in the 2-step $1k Weekly for $4. I entered my first Cash MTT, a Cashout for $2.20. With about 18 players to go I cashed out for $25, leaving me with about 15 bb to try to make a run for the final table, which I managed and received a $29 bonus. I eventually busted in 9th place for another $14. I turned my $2.20 into a roll of ~ $70. Obviously I was gambling here and didn't follow proper BRM. Over the next two months I played short handed 7-game with some success, but eventually went broke playing too many tournaments above my limit. If I knew then what I know now obviously I could've avoided it, but I had to go broke to learn that lesson.

My 2nd attempt I went up to $25 and back down to zero... I became impatient.

My 3rd attempt I played Free Rolls until I had $10+. I started grinding Fix Limit ring-games. The idea was to do that until I had $25+ before I started playing $1.10 SNGs, cashed for a total profit of ~ $25 = $50.00, a decent starting roll. Haven't looked back since.

So my advice... it's going to take a long time. Be patient. Be prepared to go broke at least once. Stick to Free Rolls until you have enough to sit down at micro-ring or SNGs. My BRM was aggressive, 10%... my advice would be to stick to Fix Limit if you're going to attempt grinding like this. Otherwise play Free Rolls until you have enough to follow the 5% rule.
    • pogodon
      pogodon
      Bronze
      i personaly think that free rolls ruin your game i mean playing with all them donkeys and then if you do cash playing micro with absolute no breathing space i think if u do this for a long time ( witch you obviously did to have a 70 bank roll) i think this would ruin your game if u did eventualy make a deposit and start playing NL100 were the play is better i think your style witch you'd adapt from all the free rolls would be to tight and passave <>this is just my opinion but i think your better of not playing free rolls just making a deposit but if you do make a bank roll through free rolls fair play to you :f_cool: :f_cool:
      :spade: :heart: :diamond: :club:
      Bronze
      All you need is 25 cents on Pokerstars and voila... Bankroll.
    • holnrew
      holnrew
      Bronze
      You don't need $50... I'm building up from $9 using SSS on NL2, so you don't need loads. I got it up to over $30 but lost a bit recently through trying BSS and tilting.