Coaching: Sit and Go [Advanced] with TheNose

• TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      Dear PokerStrategists,

welcome to the coachingthread for the SnG Silver coaching by TheNose.

Coaching Info:

• Name: SnG Silver
      • Coach: Still me ;)
      • Time: Mondays 16:30-18:00 GMT

What will you learn in this coaching?

You will receive a well-rounded package of content to beat SnG's

Upcoming Topics

8.7. - HU
      15.7. - Review
      22.7. - FR
      29.7. - 6max

Your feedback is wanted!

We want to know how you like the coaching and how we can improve. Please share your feedback in this thread!

About me:

Hope to see you in the coachings :) .

Best regards,
      Marcel

Dear PokerStrategists,

To improve the quality of my coaching I need your support. Leave your feedback, your questions and your suggestions here!

General information about my coaching

• Name of coaching: SNG Silver
      • Poker Room: PartyPoker
      • Time: Thursday, 17:00-18:30 GMT

To provide you with a diversified coaching experience I am offering a wide range of different coaching formats as described below.

1) Live coachings: They contain the basic idea of coaching - you observe my play by joinme. Of course I will also share my thoughts with you and discuss the plays made or other optional plays, theory etc

2) Private coaching with public viewing: This time it is not me who is playing, but one of our PokerStrategist with me giving him give session advice. Together with my advice and your questions not only the player but everyone in the coaching will receive an extra input for the next session!

3) Review coaching: Here I'd like to discuss a hand history played by one of you and analyse your plays. Because we have some more time we can discuss those hand histories deeper than in live SnGs.
      If you are interested in beeing reviewed, feel free to send me a hand history to the-nose@web.de. I'll try to use it when the next review is scheduled.

Regards

TheNose
  • 145 replies
    • matel17
      matel17
      Bronze
      Awesome coachings! Interesting, informative and fun!

Thankyou
    • oblitron
      oblitron
      Bronze
      Great coach, explaining his thinking very well and willing (and able) to answer all questions and discuss everything. =)
    • zippitykrack
      zippitykrack
      Bronze
      Thanks for the session and you didn't get unlucky, it's just variance.
    • kidzoltan
      kidzoltan
      Platinum
      great coaching, i received good answers to my questions
    • Fox999
      Fox999
      Bronze
      Very nice coaching :f_cool:
    • Skring
      Skring
      Bronze
      Maybe next time I`ll be there ON TIME ! :) Great work TheNose
    • VladimirLaki
      VladimirLaki
      Bronze
      Damn i missed it,hope to be there next time ;)
    • amayaner
      amayaner
      Bronze
      This coach is a TILTMACHINE!

:f_love:
    • Killer07
      Killer07
      Bronze
      poor Nose running so bad.... and then a little tilt on the HU Tables...
    • Aizeral
      Aizeral
      Bronze
      A question for anyone who feels like answering:

In the strategy guides for SnG's the term "no set no bet" was used to describe playing action when set mining ie no set then you fold. During this session however, I remember a pocket pair being played with overcards on the flop (sorry I cant give a specific hand but this is as much detail as my memory will give me).

Given this, is it a more profitable play to fire a semi-bluff at a flop pot? Or does this kind of play rely on reads?
    • alecsCQ
      alecsCQ
      Bronze
      nice coaching
    • TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Aizeral
      A question for anyone who feels like answering:

In the strategy guides for SnG's the term "no set no bet" was used to describe playing action when set mining ie no set then you fold. During this session however, I remember a pocket pair being played with overcards on the flop (sorry I cant give a specific hand but this is as much detail as my memory will give me).

Given this, is it a more profitable play to fire a semi-bluff at a flop pot? Or does this kind of play rely on reads?

hmm... i am sorry, that i cant remember the spot anymore, but on some boards you even have value when you are just holding a small pocket pair...

let's say it was a JJ4 board and you have 22 for example then it makes sense to take a stab at the pot and bet on the flop (up to a 3way pot) to take it down, cause its quite likely that your opponents will fold ...
      with read you can play them as an overpair sometimes too ...

hope i could help you ;)
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      The coaching yesterday was interesting as usual (it is impressive the capacity of the coach to keep calm always without any minimum sign of tilt :D I love that :) wish I can be like that) even if I prefer in all honesty the FR (maybe for a sense of selfishness as I play exclusively that).

Unfortunaltely, I had to leave the coaching early due personal other stuff and nothing to do with any issue related to the coaching.
      Thank you Coach and see you at the next occasion :heart:
    • TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      Please read the following instructions to be able to follow the coaching right from the start on!

Universal Replayer Guide

and the hand histories:

http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Education/coaching/Speed1330070.txt
      http://resources.pokerstrategy.com/Education/coaching/Speed1330306.txt
    • kiromanAAKK
      kiromanAAKK
      Bronze
      Hi Coach,
      I was looking forward for the coaching tonight about the review with the Universal Replayer that as usually happen in my life the destiny like take piss out off me as I cannot take part because something I cannot avoid in my real life take me away.

There is any possibility or any chances I may in some way it on recorded?
      I know it is unlikely to happen but that is how desperate I am to see this coaching 2nite.
      Thx :heart:
    • TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kiromanAAKK
      Hi Coach,
      I was looking forward for the coaching tonight about the review with the Universal Replayer that as usually happen in my life the destiny like take piss out off me as I cannot take part because something I cannot avoid in my real life take me away.

There is any possibility or any chances I may in some way it on recorded?
      I know it is unlikely to happen but that is how desperate I am to see this coaching 2nite.
      Thx :heart:
      at the moment i am doing something similar to review the LoC and i guess these videos will come out soon ...

and i am 100% sure that we will repeat this once a month if people like it, so dont be to sad to have missed one of them ;)
    • TheNose
      TheNose
      Bronze
      Alright guys ... as I told you yesterday:

SEND ME SOME HAND HISTORIES!! :D

Here are my conditions:

- you are in my coaching next week (!!!)
      - limits: 5$-25$
      - you got some interesting spots in it (and maybe made it far aswell so I got something to talk about ;) )
      - I am able to read out the HH with the universal replayer :D (which works best with PokerStars or Party-HH's)

my e-mail adress is the-nose@web.de

thank you!
    • javafonso
      javafonso
      Bronze
      really +++EV coaching. This session review mode is really interesting since allows us to discuss a lot about each hand. I hope you can do this pretty often! :) Better than live, for sure.
    • racpxt
      racpxt
      Bronze
      Nice one!

Many hand discussions, good questions...
      Great format. I believe I can learn more here than in a regular coaching. Better way to learn how to think the game than a standard "live action" format.