PartyPoker Introduces Double Hold'em - Your Feedback

• 11 replies
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Tried about 50 hands seems ok, it will be good while the :f_cool: try it out for a few weeks then it will die down i reckon. Hopefully PokerStratergy release some cool articles to support this kind of play :D

Dealt to RubyWesson [ Kc Kh Ks ]

mwahha KKK
    • KidPokersKid
      KidPokersKid
      Global
      I hope this doesn't diffuse the player pool even more from the 100bb games like the 20bb tables did beacuse that would just make the site less attractive than ever. :f_cry:
    • Ultifanatic
      Ultifanatic
      Bronze
      Wow at the lower stakes it is a bunch of holdem fish that have obviously never played Omaha or any other variant.

You can really suck people in with the middle connectors since they all want to play hands like AKQ and keep firing with a pair of aces on a 3A478 board.

Also noticed that thier point card selection is quite horrible....you can quickly tell the fish from people who relatively understand, since the fish will choose the card that makes the immediate hand and bet the crap out of it or chooses the long draw and passively plays the rest of the streets. Not much imagination or straight poker skills like always..
    • HannesZ
      HannesZ
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Played yesterday also a little bit and it was quite funny. I got a set of Aces and the board was something like A65 and villian had 789 and thought he had straight on the river :D
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      played a few hands today, could be very profitable for people who figure out a strategy before everyone else does.
      Basically, you get three 2-card combinations preflop. Pick the best 2-card starting hand and simply play it the way you would normally play it. On the flop you have to discard one of these starting hands, then keep playing the strongest of your two hands.
      You will face stronger hands than you normally would - play two pair like TPTK, play sets like two pair and play flushes like sets. Also the likelyhood of opponents holding draws goes up.
      Hopefully ps will come out with a better strategy soon, but for now this seems profitable.
    • lennonac
      lennonac
      Global
      Shouldn't it be called 1.5 holdem?
    • Zheelvern
      Zheelvern
      Bronze
      Isn't that pineapple?
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zheelvern
      Isn't that pineapple?
      Almost! But not quite! :s_cool:
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      ITs half-Omaha not a holdem
      Fun but I cant concentrate on it while playin normal seassion and I wont 3table lwoer limit of this jsut to play it :D

KidPokerKid - I agree w u, hope it wont happen, joined PP week or so ago and traffic sucks, table sw 6 VPIP ??? WTF? and SH ... pure BS
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by THESHade
      ITs half-Omaha not a holdem
      Fun but I cant concentrate on it while playin normal seassion and I wont 3table lwoer limit of this jsut to play it :D

KidPokerKid - I agree w u, hope it wont happen, joined PP week or so ago and traffic sucks, table sw 6 VPIP ??? WTF? and SH ... pure BS
      I think this is a really important aspect to the game, right now it's ridiculously hard to multitable. So it's going to be a great game for people who 1 table and want some action.
      Might very well turn out to be an action junkie game, but it is too complicated for them? :f_biggrin:
    • Ribbo
      Ribbo
      Bronze
      I'd just like to remind players to not use a holdem equity calculator to work out odds for Double Holdem. You will get significantly incorrect results doing this, which may affect your selection of the correct point card. :f_biggrin: