Hi

• crassh
      crassh
      Bronze
      Hello, my names Mike and I'm a alch .................... oh, wrong place ;)

Lets start again. I'm Mike, from the UK. Joined a few days ago, got the cash about 3 days. I'm playing on 888. I've slightly more than doubled the $50 but not exactly been grinding at 1c/2c :D I did play 1c/2c for the first 3 or so hours of play and was up to about $53 but got bored, which is my main issue, I really have major bankroll management issues but that's for another forum post!!

Poker Strategy seems like a great community, so I'm extremely happy to have joined it and be involved.
  • 2 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Hi Mike, good to see you, welcome to the community,

Yes, whilst using an appropriate BRM can sometimes be frustrating, it is highly recommended that you bear with it. It will not only help you to take advantage of the good times, it will save your bankroll during any downswings.

It is also far better to learn from any mistakes or slight leaks on the micro levels before moving up the levels.

Good luck on 888, wishing you every success there and look forward to seeing you active in the forum in due course.

Best regards,

Bart
    • crassh
      crassh
      Bronze
      Hi Bart,

Thanks for that and I fully agree.

I should though say that I'm far from a novice, I've been playing for about 5 years and about 3 years ago through bad (insane!) bankroll management and a hyper hot streak, I built up $150 to $7,500 in a weekend, cashed out $5,000 and played $10/$20NL for a little over a year, without cashing back in, always (until the end!!) hovering around $2,500-$5,000, so this is why 1c/2c isn't the most exciting.

I am going to try it though, as after the initial post, I lost $50. I did then get most of it back by coming second in a 300+ player $1 MTT but I need to see how some sort of BR works for me, as I've never tried it before :D

Mike