Black Member Event Leipzig - Live Ticker

• Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

Starting on October 8, PokerStars and PokerStrategy.com invite the Black Members to the 11th Black Member Event. All guests will reside in The Westin Hotel in Leipzig, Germany.

A total of 126 Black Members is expected to attend the event. They come from Germany, Russia, Spain, The Netherlands, France, Portugal, Hungary and Austria and 75 of them will bring their partner. PokerStars will be represented by four employees to hold a comprehensive presentation and answer all the VIPs' questions.

Alongside these four employees, German Team PokerStars Pro George Danzer will be in attendance to discuss recent poker developments with the Black Members.

In this thread we will provide you with live updates from the event.

You can view all pictures on Flickr:
      - Pictures from Friday
      - Pictures from Saturday

Watch live video from PokerStrategy.com on Justin.tv
  • 108 replies
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      Hey everyone,

I arrived about 2 hours ago in Leipzig. Together with OnkelHotte, Korn, Kyle, Sara (Spanish Community Manager), Kasia (Polish Community Manager) and Mike (French CM) we started our journey from Malaga. Sadly the flight was delayed for more than 2 hours and we finally arrived at around 19:30 in Berlin.

From there we drove with light speed over the awesome German highways (note: I am German) and arrived 2 hours later in Leipzig. The Westin Hotel looks pretty awesome and I got a room on the 21st floor from where you have a great view over the city.

Most of the Black Members will arrive tomorrow after 13:00 and will get the best rooms on the very upper floors.

I think I will have the first pictures from the location ready tomorrow at around 12:00, so make sure to stick around.

Btw.: It is kinda freezing here. Gibraltar had 26 degrees, Leipzig has just 13.

Black Member TwiceT arrived already and took this photo from his hotel room:

• justkyle88
      justkyle88
      Bronze
      Let us know when TwiceT spews in the toilet
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      Good morning,

just tested the breakfast buffet and there is basically such a wide choice of food that you could eat the whole there.

Since the "real" photo camera didn't arrive yet, I took my small one to give you a first view from the hotel room on the 21st floor:

The roof of the building on the left will be the location for the Black Member Party on Saturday

Entrance area

After 12:00 more pictures in better quality will come online.

I now have to rush to a meeting for all the PokerStrategy.com staff.
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      TwiceT first to arrive & leading from the front, nice one. Someone must've mentioned the words "vodka" & "party" :D

Have a great time guys/girls, looking forward to regularly viewing this awesome thread.

Bart
    • Skring
      Skring
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Jonas

Entrance area

That picture says is all. When the only 2 cars in the Hotel parking lot are a BMW and a Mercedes, then you have "a Hotel" :s_cool:

Great views, great city, great .. quiet , so far! But the storm is closing in. I`ve heard that The Tsunami is already there :s_biggrin:

Have fun guys! Can`t wait for the pictures / videos / interviews !
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

The hotel from the outside

and from the inside

Welcome Black Members!

Find more pictures here
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

Leipzig under the flat of PokerStrategy.com and PokerStars

What a hotel lobby!

On the top left you can see the first floor of the hotel where the champagne welcome drinks will be served later on

Nadia welcomes the Black Members
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

Kobeyard just arrived

...followed by The Joker
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      Also the international Black Member do arrive now:

madge02 became a Black Member in the Russian community just three days ago and is now already attending the Black Member Event.

On the left you can see Russian CM Yulia - and two of her Black Members

Guests from Hungary

Janina and Katja

[b]More pictures here[/B]
    • havox
      havox
      Bronze
      We got some statements from the first guys who checked in and who are now socializing.

Crustacean, who is at the Black Member Party for the first time, said:

"Everything looks really great, the hotel is definitely nice.

I'm especially curious about the Dinner today, although I can't really figure out what the "Food Paradise" is gonna be - but it sounds interessting.

And I'm looking forward to the present we'll get - I heard that we can choose between different stuff - and of course the party!"
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

Hasufly and praios

Shagg participating once again

Loki

TwiceT from the English community
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      While more Black Member arrive...

we want to introduce the Community Managers to you which are here in Leipzig:

The Russian Black Members and their Community Manager Rustem

Our community managers take care of their Black Members: Sara (ES), Mike (FR), Kasia (PL)

Mike, French CM, loves his job
    • havox
      havox
      Bronze
      TwiceT says...

"I'm looking forward to the Champagne, but I guess that's not gonna surprise anybody, right?
      But... we already were sophisticated and went on a nice sightseeing tour today - but that was enough cultural stuff for this weekend, now we'll party."
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      We just turned the webcam a little bit so you can follow the serving of the Champagne which will start soon.
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze

in the middle: Trader

OnkelHotte is here to meet our VIPs

Black Member from Russia (picture in large)

Mr Staben is bringing the Black Member suites

The weather is perfect in Leipzig

TwiceT and other Black Members agree: PokerStars rocks!
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      At around 17:00 we start streaming the welcome speeches of PokerStrategy.com and PokerStars - please note that we never streamed that before and it is just a test for now.
    • havox
      havox
      Bronze
      Right now the guys from PokerStars.com - Sven (Manager for the German speaking countries) and Henning (German marketing) arrived at the hotel - together with Team Germany Pro George Danzer.

And another quick statement from TheJoker, one of the first Black Members and imho the only one who attended all 11 events:

"The trip to Leipzig was quite nice, we already met up with some other Black Members, for example hasu, Shagg und praios. Was really enjoyable to go with so many guys on such a 5 hours trip.

At the event everything is perfect at the moment, top service, nice hotel room and nice atmosphere. Looking forward to the dinner in the evening and to meet all the friends again and get to know some new ones.

It's definitely gonna be a great weekend, as always."
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      Find more pictures on our Flickr Account

TwiceT and OnkelHotte discussing the event

Champagner reception

40 Black Members are yet to arrive

Cheers

Korn and Pius

Steve Day from PokerStars arrived

George Danzer and Hennig (Marketing Manager, PokerStars)

Steve Day and Korn
    • Jonas
      Jonas
      Bronze
      As you can see in the live stream, PokerStrategy.com and PokerStars currently hold their welcome speeches for the Black Members in the Westin Hotel.