[NL2-NL10] NL20 straight on scary board

• Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Titan Poker Indianapolis� 0.10/0.20, hand converted by the iPoker Converter at Talking-Poker

I was lost on this hand. I know I should have reraised preflop but time was going to bust ( I was multitabling) so it was faster to call.On the flop I reraised for protection, because of the flush draw. Vilain called and on the turn the flush draw completed and a fullhand became possible,so I checked behind. Was this right? I checked behind again on the river as nothing changed. Should I have bet something like 1/2 pot? The trouble was that if I got raised I would not know what to do. :(

Button ($7.60)
      SB ($3.70)
      BB ($38.44)
      UTG ($5.26)
      UTG+1 ($19.16)
      UTG+2 ($43.03)
      MP1 ($17.70)
      MP2 ($4)
      CO hero ($19.50)

Preflop: hero is in the CO with K :spade: A :club:
      2 folds, MP raises to 0.80, 2 folds, hero calls 0.80, 2 folds, BB calls 0.60.

Flop (2.50) J :diamond: Q :diamond: T :heart:
      BB bets 0.80, 1 fold, hero raises to 3.20, BB calls 2.40.

Turn (8.90) T :diamond:
      BB checks, hero checks.

River (8.90) 3 :heart:
      BB checks, hero checks
  • 4 replies
    • rubysilesia
      rubysilesia
      Silver
      I'd bet 6 on the turn to get information and to protect against single diamond (turn card might be a scare card for him, so I would use position here).
    • degnic
      degnic
      Bronze
      I would probably bet turn too and call if he pushes, there are just too many cards you don't want to see on river (any :diamond: , any jack, any queen, any ten + any king &/ ace which might split the pot)

I would also raise him more on flop, you have the nuts and that kind of donkbet to this kind of board usually means he's not going anywhere.
    • Gungunhana
      Gungunhana
      Bronze
      Originally posted by degnic
      I would also raise him more on flop, you have the nuts and that kind of donkbet to this kind of board usually means he's not going anywhere.
      You are quite right. His flop donk bet plus his check on the turn indicate that he did not hit. Should have raised the turn for protection.

Thanks guys.
    • Puschkin81
      Puschkin81
      Bronze
      Hi Gungunhana!

Raise more on the flop (~$4) and bet/fold on the turn. You don't want to give a freecard. That's why you should bet the turn. If you get raised you know that you are beat.

Good luck at the tables!
      Puschkin81