Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] NL2:QQ face of the opponent's 4-bet ALLIN, I fold it?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
473 Views
wangwei520
Joined: 02.02.2009
PokerStrategist

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

播放牌局

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
[tg]MP2$2.84:///////;MP3$1.05:///////;CO$2.03:///////;BU$2.15:///////;SB$2.09:///////;BB (Hero)$2.44:///////;[/tg]

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q:d, Q:s.
3 folds, BU calls $0.02, SB raises to $0.09, Hero raises to $0.28, BU folds, SB raises to $2.10, Hero calls $1.81.

Flop: ($4.2) 7:s, 8:c, 8:d (2 players)

Turn: ($4.2) J:h (2 players)

River: ($4.2) 8:s (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.2.

I know that if holding a AA, KK, no doubt, be CALL ALL IN, but the QQ it?
Holding QQ, CALL opponent 4BET ALLIN, will not be too weak starting hands


5 replies
veriz
Joined: 20.07.2008
BlackMember

Hello wangwei520,

Since it's NL2, I don't mind going all-in with QQ, nice hand! And as we decided to 3bet then we can't really fold the hand. Either Call it and reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop. :)

Best regards.


wangwei520 Topic starter
wangwei520
Joined: 02.02.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by veriz
Hello wangwei520,

Since it's NL2, I don't mind going all-in with QQ, nice hand! And as we decided to 3bet then we can't really fold the hand. Either Call it and reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop. :)

Best regards.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!
1. teacher, I can understand you: the lowest level of the game, ALL IN before the flop cards can be a little more? Such as QQ +, AK?
2. I do not understand your meaning of this statement: reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop


veriz
Joined: 20.07.2008
BlackMember

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

You are welcome, I am glad to help you out!

1. teacher, I can understand you: the lowest level of the game, ALL IN before the flop cards can be a little more? Such as QQ +, AK?

Likely yes, you can go all-in with those hands on NL2, those people tend to go broke with just a lot worse and are way too loose.

2. I do not understand your meaning of this statement: reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop

By that I mean if you just Call preflop then you reevaluate the flop like if you QQ is good enough to go broke or not, or just fold on A high board or something similar. :)


wangwei520 Topic starter
wangwei520
Joined: 02.02.2009
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by veriz

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!

You are welcome, I am glad to help you out!

1. teacher, I can understand you: the lowest level of the game, ALL IN before the flop cards can be a little more? Such as QQ +, AK?

Likely yes, you can go all-in with those hands on NL2, those people tend to go broke with just a lot worse and are way too loose.

2. I do not understand your meaning of this statement: reevaluate flop or just go broke preflop

By that I mean if you just Call preflop then you reevaluate the flop like if you QQ is good enough to go broke or not, or just fold on A high board or something similar. :)

thank you for your help!
If I get this hand is AK? all in or fold?
In my opinion, AK is not into the hand, hit only if the FLOP A or K, have value
If VILLIAN holding a POCKET PAIR, how many of my win rate?


veriz
Joined: 20.07.2008
BlackMember

If I get this hand is AK? all in or fold?

AK ain't always an all-in in this situation, it a lot depends on the opponent. How loose is he? How often does he raise? And etc, but usually on NL2, it's possible to go broke with AKo. I advice you to overlook our Starting Hand Chart. It will help you to get understanding which cards you can go all-in preflop and which not.

In my opinion, AK is not into the hand, hit only if the FLOP A or K, have value If VILLIAN holding a POCKET PAIR, how many of my win rate?

Yeah, true. Take a look into our software here: PokerStrategy Software.
There is a EquiLab or Equilator, which will help you get understanding what % you can win the opponent. For example you put AK vs JJ you get this:
Equity Win Tie Loss Hand
Player 1: 43,852% 43,647% 0,410% 55,943% AKs, AKo
Player 2: 56,148% 55,943% 0,410% 43,647% JJ

Just play around with the tool and you will get your answer. :)


Share: