Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] 1$ SnG QQ vs All in on the flop

9 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
538 Views

Hi,
This hand was pretty early in the tournament and since MP1 raised , I wasn't sure if he has KK , AK , AA , JJ , AQ , small pair and didn't want to play big pot so I decided to slow play the QQ and watch the flop (mistake?! I still have position on him).

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, 1+0.25 Tournament, 20/40 Blinds (8 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop

UTG (t1595)
UTG+1 (t1455)
MP1 (t2930)
MP2 (t1570)
CO (t1375)
Hero (Button) (t1500)
SB (t1615)
BB (t1460)

Hero's M: 25.00

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q, Q
2 folds, MP1 bets t220, 2 folds, Hero calls t220, 2 folds

Flop: (t500) 4, 9, 6 (2 players)
MP1 bets t2710 (All-In), Hero calls t1280 (All-In)

Turn: (t3060) 10 (2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t3060) 7 (2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t3060


8 replies

Never slow play big pocket pairs, with QQ+ you should be happy to get it all in before the flop where you have the biggest edge. I would push this preflop since their raise was so big and a normal 3x raise would commit you to any flop.

Can you remember how they doubled up in the first place?


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by p0kerQT
Never slow play big pocket pairs, with QQ+ you should be happy to get it all in before the flop where you have the biggest edge. I would push this preflop since their raise was so big and a normal 3x raise would commit you to any flop.

Can you remember how they doubled up in the first place?

I can't remember , But I have the entire tournament in Popopo's Universal Replayer ♦ (3rd hand in the tournament).

Btw - If i had played this hand (which I won't of course) I would have tripled up :tongue:

[3/71]
##########################################
Blinds : 15/30
##########################################

9 players
[SB] 45SIXGUN44 (1410)
[BB] Rudysmith3 (1470)
[1] 1pokerphreek (1500)
[2] Hero (1500)
[3] El Guapo Hombre (1290)
[4] i panda i (1500)
[5] Krakel500 (1830)
[6] pog_mo_thoin1 (1485)
[But] kennethevers (1515)

Hero 8♦ K♣ Initial Pot: 45

1pokerphreek folds
Hero folds
El Guapo Hombre raises to 150
i panda i folds
Krakel500 folds
pog_mo_thoin1 folds
kennethevers folds
45SIXGUN44 calls 135
Rudysmith3 folds
### FLOP ### K♠ 8♥ J♦ Pot: 330
45SIXGUN44 bets 330
El Guapo Hombre is All in
45SIXGUN44 calls 810
El Guapo Hombre shows Q♥ A♦
45SIXGUN44 shows 8♠ J♣
### TURN ### 2♦ Pot: 2610
### RIVER ### 7♦ Pot: 2610
45SIXGUN44 wins 2610 from the main pot with Two pairs, jacks and eights


luckskaiworker
Joined: 14.06.2008
Oldschool Grinder

just preflop shove QQ


prefer raising and going broke if he shoves - just shoving will fold most of the worse PP and lot of Aces, so it's not that EV+


veriz
Joined: 20.07.2008
BlackMember

Hello,

I'd also prefer to go broke with QQ+ preflop.

Best regards,
Rensu


Preflop reraise to 660 or just shove. On this limit he can have and call any kind of hand and you are way ahead.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by steinek
Preflop reraise to 660 or just shove. On this limit he can have and call any kind of hand and you are way ahead.

Is it ok to go broke early in SnG with QQ vs Ax (low limit, plenty of fish) ?


Absolutely! With QQ against Ax you have about 70% and this is enough. For sure it is not nice to bust 30% this early but we do not need to win every SnG to be a good winning player and doubling up early will often be the first step to the victory.


Share: