Skip to forum
TheLastNail-life as...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] TheLastNail-life as a poker plr

229 Posts
50 Users
0 Reactions
28 K Views
TheLastNail Topic starter
TheLastNail
Joined: 30.05.2008
BlackMember

I mean I seriously have this question for everyone: For those who play only professionally /no other activities as school, other job etc/ .. For how long have u been playing without getting bored and demotivated?


opal99
Joined: 05.02.2008
BlackMember

You CAN'T play without any other activity!! The simple truth...

It doesnt matter whether you go back to school, start some gigolo career or just party each day, you HAVE TO do something else than poker as often as possible.

I'm quite happy with 6 days per month school + some pub visiting + resting few hrs/day atm, but I'm looking for some regular activity too. Poker is fine to earn money, but you need to live somehow to actually enjoy them!


Zheelvern
Joined: 29.10.2007
PokerStrategist

Originally posted by TheLastNail
I mean I seriously have this question for everyone: For those who play only professionally /no other activities as school, other job etc/ .. For how long have u been playing without getting bored and demotivated?

Two weeks.


swissmoumout
Joined: 24.02.2007
Elite Grinder

Originally posted by TheLastNailthinking abt buying a big base to start off with.. prolly @ NL100 /200?/

Don't. Datamining is counter-productive for HU; you really want to know how your opponent was playing against you, otherwise stats will be irrelevant. Unless you have two separate DB's, and only use the mining one for table selection..
I was getting HU hands every day, but I cancelled my subscription cause I end up just looking a session stats when I'm playing...

I'd recommend starting at nl100 or lower though. there's a lot less fish at 200, and the regs are quite a bit stronger too. Either way, watch some good videos first and you should be fine (pr1nnyraiding series on DC is very good (except episode1), fwiw)


Originally posted by TheLastNail

Originally posted by miskokvo
i didnt play for 4-5 days and im different person ♦ ♦ happy,social and little sunburn ♦

exactly my point :) D vitamin ftw too... how was your exam Miskokvo?

i am thinking deep, and maybe i need some more adrenalin or sth, like playing HU, seen couple of guys who are abs crushing NL2k there with no probs.. thinking abt buying a big base to start off with.. prolly @ NL100 /200?/

but still, school should be fun.

crushing nl2k hu is not easy to say the least

crushing nl200 is pretty fucking easy tho, and you dont need a database for that


Fongie
Joined: 02.12.2006
Oldschool Grinder

HU is teh SHIT! But stats suck, what do you need stats playing hu for? ?( Definately think you should try it out, it's great.


miskokvo
Joined: 28.03.2008
Elite Grinder

i made it... so i will stick back to school for 1 year i hope... now i need to find good rent in Nitra ... and ako to vypada uteba? ides studovat alebo poker full time?


TheLastNail Topic starter
TheLastNail
Joined: 30.05.2008
BlackMember

i am sending a "delegate" to assign me to the year in school.. and then 90% i ll go.. i ll try to play poker as long as it s fun to me, and deffo need that money for my villa.. so i wont stop playing after i have some more, but prolly wont be playing 1k+ too much since dont wont to get swingy.. just decent stable wr is nice also :)


TwiceT
Joined: 15.07.2007
BlackMember

Originally posted by opal99
[...] start a gigolo career or just party each day [...]

this :f_biggrin:

it's all about the mixture. too much of 1 thing wont be fulfilling.

Originally posted by Fongie
HU is teh SHIT!

and this! :f_cool:

lately trying hu sng as well.... wohoooo hu cash postflop skillz + late game push/fold/resteal skillz = $$$$$$


Share: