Skip to forum
Notifications
Clear all

6-card PLO5: Top set in trouble

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
222 Views
Khiiniau
Joined: 21.08.2008
Elite Grinder

CO miniopens, thats quite normal for non-aggressive players in PLO-6. I have quite many hands with CO and I have marked him tight-passive. Hero 3 bet, SB fold, BB cold call. Flop is quite dry but in PLO-6 opponent may have 654. Hero pots and CO calls and I'm quite sure he has 654xxx because it's only reasonable hand what that kind of player could have to call. Turn 6♦: very bad for hero, CO check and hero checks. River 9♦: CO check and I'm sure I'm beaten.

Kyyberi said in PLO-6 strem that nobody bluffs in PLO-6, river bets are always nuts. But I have seen lot of bluffs with air and shoves with non-nuts. I have A♦: and thinking is this good place to bluff tight player?


Reply
Quote
4 replies
ColorFlusher
Joined: 19.01.2008
Elite Grinder

Yes. Seems like a good place to bluff. Like you said, he often has a straight here and that is something you get him to fold. Maybe some flushes as well.


Reply
Quote
Coach
Kyyberi
Joined: 09.07.2010
Oldschool Grinder

Go big. If he calls with straight, you make a note.


Reply
Quote
Khiiniau Topic starter
Khiiniau
Joined: 21.08.2008
Elite Grinder

Yes. Have to start bluffing in this kind of spots againts tight player like in this hand. Average PLO-6 player would have donked straight on turn but this guy probably donks with nuts only on river. Or maybe he was looking for c-r on turn. He had 876554 with 8♦:4♦:


Reply
Quote
ZakYoun270
Joined: 10.12.2015
Poker Player

Yes, against a tight player it's good. Just not against a loose player. He might very well be folding 100% of his range here on the river if he views you as solid or nitty.


Reply
Quote
Share: