Skip to forum
Sunglasses in poker...
 
Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Sunglasses in poker..cheating or no

29 Posts
21 Users
0 Reactions
7,005 Views

Originally posted by Cardbender
I always wear my sunglasses. Mainly because they are prescription and they help me see but also to prevent tells and avoid being seen looking at others tells.

Be careful though sunglasses can reflect you cards!

wuahahaha

Why would u bend cards? No point in damaging such valuable things!


Originally posted by andyb43
I wear sunglasses when playing online........

because i AM SO F@#$IN COOL

♦

A load of fuss about nothing, all down to personal choice I think :)


NatRPheM
Joined: 05.10.2008
PokerStrategist

I find it so amusing that the people arguing AGAINST Daniel are people that use the sun glasses to get an live edge cause of insecurity. I 100% agree with DN ban sun glasses and make the playing field even, if you cant take the heat without having a none SKILLFUL edge then you can do 1 of 2 things. Get out or learn to deal with it. If you cant hide your emotions, it can be thought. Adjusting is what poker really is all about not edges that there is no level of skill involved with whatsoever!

My 2cents.


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

I think if your sitting at a live poker table there gonna always be more than one way to figure out tells from the opponents and most of the time its their betting patterns etc...or other non eye related gestures..so honestly i dont think banning sunglasses would change the game soo much


Mstlc
Joined: 14.03.2009
Oldschool Grinder

Originally posted by justkyle88
Some people give off "tells" with their eyes, for whatever reason it may be but I guess there is a lot of people out there that are just afraid of giving any inch to their opponent.

That seems to be the general idea yeah but honestly, I played live last friday and almost every player has way more obvious tells then what could be seen in their eyes. People instantly looking at their chip stack and grabbing for chips when they have a big hand they wanna bet for example...

And marking cards... seriously? You can't make this kind of regulation for underground games anyway and any casino that doesn't catch on to players marking the cards during play shouldn't be allowed to host any more poker games for like... I don't know... ever.

Either way my eyes are kind of sensitive to light but even I think it's silly to wear sunglasses indoor, it's mostly rather dark in poker rooms anyway. And it's not just because of how to makes you look (like a huge douche pretty much) but mostly because of those kind of players that sit down at the table with sunglasses, a hoodie, headphones, and don't say a word all night other then raise or call don't make it very appealing for the fish at the table to stay there. The biggest fish at those live games are mostly just on a night out and looking to have a good time, having someone next to you whom's face you can't see and doesn't say a word all night doesn't really help to accomplish that...

Regardless of all this I don't think there's any reason for a ban on sunglasses. If people feel insecure about giving off tells and think they can hide em by wearing glasses then imo they shouldn't be unallowed to do so. And if others think this gives those people an unfair advantage, then go get some yourself... most people have em laying around anyway.


Kruppe
Joined: 20.02.2008
BlackMember

how could you recognise douchebags if looking like a douchebg were prohibited?


Cardbender
Joined: 03.03.2008
PokerStrategist

So Mstic, Your now saying all sunglasses wearing persons never talk and have a ipod running in the background? Or at least it reads like your creating a stereotype there. Give me a break... Really who care if someone wears sunglasses.

I think people who are threatened by sunglasses or a hoodie are the ones who need a self-esteem check.

wuahaha I wear glasses!!!!! Look out!


Ramble
Joined: 17.11.2008
PokerStrategist

My 2 cents...

I couldn't care less about sunglasses or hoodies, but watching the Phil Laak record the other day I was surprised to see how many people had cell phones and were texting - what is in place to stop players colluding through text messaging?


_Anonymous_ Topic starter
_Anonymous_

Originally posted by Ramble
My 2 cents...

I couldn't care less about sunglasses or hoodies, but watching the Phil Laak record the other day I was surprised to see how many people had cell phones and were texting - what is in place to stop players colluding through text messaging?

There nothign more annoying than that..i was a live game a few weeks ago and the guy next to me, his cell wouldnt stop the entire time, whether it was a call from his wife or the nonstop beeping from the text messages. it was actually more annoying than the guy wearing the sunglasses lol...but ya i dont think poker and cell phones at the table go well together.


Share: