[NL2-NL10] Nl 50 Jj

• Kaitz20
      Known players: (for a description of vp$ip, pfr, ats, folded bb, af, wts, wsd or hands click here)       

0.25/0.50 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: Texas Grabem 1.8 by www.pokerstrategy.cc.

Preflop: Hero is SB with J:spade: , J:club: . CO posts a blind of $0.50.
      2 folds, MP1 raises to $1.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $1.25, BB folds.

Flop: ($4.00) K:diamond: , T:club: , A:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP1 bets $2.50, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $6.50

I never can´t figure it out if I´m ahead JJ against MP raise. I think I have 3 options here:
      1) I´m ahead and re-raise 4,5$ and then fold if he pushes, because I only beat then AK
      2) I´m behind, I can´t call for set value and fold my hand
      3) I don´t know where I´m at, call to defend my SB and on overpair or set check/push all-in.

Chose third one. Luckily the flop was so ugly, that I could check/fold. What would be your define line against unknkown tag bigstack? I think that against short stack it is fold.

2) http://www.pokerhand.org/?1708880
      Here I should raise. But still I called:( Thought I would call his cont bet and if he bets again, then I´m probably beaten. Also Ace made my fold a little easier.
  • 1 reply
    • Berliner1982
      Hand 1.)
      Easy re-raise here. He could raise with so many hands, like ATs+, 77+, KJs+, maybe even suited connectors.

When you just call, for what you don´t have the implied odds, you also allow other players to get in the pot cheaply.

Hand 2.)
      Same goes for hand two. Like played, you only have two options here. Either re-raise (if you see yourself ahead) on the flop or fold that hand.