This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] 1 hand NL 50$ pre-flop push

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      OnGame's Room No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) by Hand Converter CG

UTG ($45.50)
      Hero ($14.05)
      MP1 ($136.95)
      MP2 ($47.50)
      MP3 ($49.25)
      CO ($50.00)
      Button ($36.80)
      SB ($132.20)
      BB ($27.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:diamond: , J:club: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 5 folds, SB raises to $6.75, 1 fold, Hero raises (12.05$ all-in), SB calls $7.30.

Flop: ($17.05) A:spade: , K:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)

Turn: ($17.05) T:club: (2 players)

River: ($17.05) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.05

First of all, I know that I had to leave the table, but since I won a previous hand and big blind was two hands away from me, I decided to stay for 2 hands. Couldn`t ressist playing JJ (I`ll work on that).

Now about the hand as it was played. The re-raiser from button has 8% PFR (750 hands), so I decided that I am a slight favourite against his range and pushed. It was obviously very marginal push, given his big re-raise, but I think I will play it the same way next time (theoretically, since I am not going to avoid strategy rules, at least intentionally), though I have some concerns about it, that`s why I posted it here.
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hmm, I guess I had to use pokerstrove before posting, since it actually answered my question.

I am 47% underdog against range TT+,AQs+,AQo+ and I am 50.6% favourite agianst 99+,AJs+,AQo+. He re-raised my raise from UTG, so I guess this is kinda straightforward indication of power. Therefore, we have to put him on a tighter range, maybe even tighter than 99+,AJs+,AQo+. So my move wasn`t profitable, but unfortunatelly I don`t have built-in pokerstrove in my head, so I hope poker gods will forgive me for that))
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You´re raising from UTG+1 and the SB out of position is re-raising a player who is raising from early position. I would give that re-raise more credit here, especially when you have so many hand from him, and his PFR is only 8%, so his VPIP, shouldn´t be that high either. And since you played for 750 hands together he might also know that you have a pretty tight raising range from UTG. So I more likely would put him on JJ+, AK+. And after his re-raise he would call your All-In with any of these hands. And you would be pretty much an underdog.

So I would fold here after this re-raise.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Thank you, very good explanation. That`s what I am missing in my game) i always consider everything I now about my opponent, but never think about it vice versa. I`ll improve)