Hero ($14.05)
      MP1 ($136.95)
      MP2 ($47.50)
      MP3 ($49.25)
      CO ($50.00)
      Button ($36.80)
      SB ($132.20)
      BB ($27.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J:diamond: , J:club: .
      1 fold, Hero raises to $2, 5 folds, SB raises to $6.75, 1 fold, Hero raises (12.05$ all-in), SB calls $7.30.

Flop: ($17.05) A:spade: , K:heart: , 2:diamond: (2 players)

Turn: ($17.05) T:club: (2 players)

River: ($17.05) 5:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $17.05

First of all, I know that I had to leave the table, but since I won a previous hand and big blind was two hands away from me, I decided to stay for 2 hands. Couldn`t ressist playing JJ (I`ll work on that).

Now about the hand as it was played. The re-raiser from button has 8% PFR (750 hands), so I decided that I am a slight favourite against his range and pushed. It was obviously very marginal push, given his big re-raise, but I think I will play it the same way next time (theoretically, since I am not going to avoid strategy rules, at least intentionally), though I have some concerns about it, that`s why I posted it here.
  • 3 replies
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hmm, I guess I had to use pokerstrove before posting, since it actually answered my question.

I am 47% underdog against range TT+,AQs+,AQo+ and I am 50.6% favourite agianst 99+,AJs+,AQo+. He re-raised my raise from UTG, so I guess this is kinda straightforward indication of power. Therefore, we have to put him on a tighter range, maybe even tighter than 99+,AJs+,AQo+. So my move wasn`t profitable, but unfortunatelly I don`t have built-in pokerstrove in my head, so I hope poker gods will forgive me for that))
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      You´re raising from UTG+1 and the SB out of position is re-raising a player who is raising from early position. I would give that re-raise more credit here, especially when you have so many hand from him, and his PFR is only 8%, so his VPIP, shouldn´t be that high either. And since you played for 750 hands together he might also know that you have a pretty tight raising range from UTG. So I more likely would put him on JJ+, AK+. And after his re-raise he would call your All-In with any of these hands. And you would be pretty much an underdog.

So I would fold here after this re-raise.
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Thank you, very good explanation. That`s what I am missing in my game) i always consider everything I now about my opponent, but never think about it vice versa. I`ll improve)