• flopraiser
      Was I right to shove the river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 6.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) J, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.24, BU calls $6.24.

River: ($21.23) J (2 players)
      Hero raises to $14.51(All-In), BU calls $14.51.

Final Pot: $50.25.
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Was I right to shove the river?

I think your call preflop is pretty loose. Playing suited connectors out of position sucks, HU. If there are a couple of other players in the pot it becomes much better.

As played, check/R looks fine. Turn is fine.

River is pretty horrible... Jx beats you and villains hand looks just like that. You only beat AA/QQ. I dont think we can ch/call here since villain is never bluffing. So I probably check and fold to any bet other than a minbet.
    • Kaitz20
      I would call or 3-bet suited connectors sb/bb depends how 4-bet happy are villain or how many moves he would do in 3-bet pots.
      If it is hard him to play against oop then call is likely better.
      Flop and turn are fine. I´m not sure about your river shove, since I think AA/QQ would fold to yo river shove unless your image is really bad and bluffy , Jx/KK, 7x would always call and don´t really see him having there too many hands that would reach on the river
      So I´d personally prefer checking and if he shoves then decide if I want to call or not. He can sometimes have there smt like TT/QQ/AA that decides to bet small for value on the river or maybe smt like AQss and very rare occasions pure float