This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] Trips on flop in raised pot

• flopraiser
      flopraiser
      Bronze
      Was I right to shove the river?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Known players:
      MP3:
      $57.96
      CO:
      $91.22
      BU:
      $59.62
      SB (Hero):
      $25.00
      BB:
      $50.90

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7, 6.
      2 folds, BU raises to $0.75, Hero calls $0.65, BB folds.

Flop: ($1.75) J, 7, 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU bets $1.00, Hero raises to $3.50, BU calls $2.50.

Turn: ($8.75) K (2 players)
      Hero bets $6.24, BU calls $6.24.

River: ($21.23) J (2 players)
      Hero raises to $14.51(All-In), BU calls $14.51.

Final Pot: $50.25.
  • 2 replies
    • Tim64
      Tim64
      Black
      Was I right to shove the river?

I think your call preflop is pretty loose. Playing suited connectors out of position sucks, HU. If there are a couple of other players in the pot it becomes much better.

As played, check/R looks fine. Turn is fine.

River is pretty horrible... Jx beats you and villains hand looks just like that. You only beat AA/QQ. I dont think we can ch/call here since villain is never bluffing. So I probably check and fold to any bet other than a minbet.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      I would call or 3-bet suited connectors sb/bb depends how 4-bet happy are villain or how many moves he would do in 3-bet pots.
      If it is hard him to play against oop then call is likely better.
      Flop and turn are fine. I´m not sure about your river shove, since I think AA/QQ would fold to yo river shove unless your image is really bad and bluffy , Jx/KK, 7x would always call and don´t really see him having there too many hands that would reach on the river
      So I´d personally prefer checking and if he shoves then decide if I want to call or not. He can sometimes have there smt like TT/QQ/AA that decides to bet small for value on the river or maybe smt like AQss and very rare occasions pure float