[NL2-NL10] NL2: AA FLOP opponent DONK BET, how can I do?

• wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

播放牌局

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      CO:
      $2.30
      BU:
      $2.06
      SB:
      $2.47
      BB (Hero):
      $2.00
      MP2:
      $2.25
      MP3:
      $3.73

Preflop: Hero is BB with A, A.
      2 folds, CO calls $0.02, BU folds, SB calls $0.01, Hero raises to $0.12, CO calls $0.10, SB calls $0.10.

Flop: ($0.36) 8, 5, 6 (3 players)
      SB bets $0.34, Hero raises to $0.68, CO folds, SB raises to $2.35, Hero calls $1.20.

Turn: ($4.59) 9 (2 players)

River: ($4.59) Q (2 players)

Final Pot: $4.59.

1.FLOP side of this card, the situation is not WAY ahead way behind?
      2.DONK bet when the opponent, then the best choice for me is not fold?
      3.At that time, I FLOP raise is because I think the opponent to bluff,, this correct?
      4.FLOP opponent on RRAISE, I think I should FOLD
  • 10 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello wangwei520,

I'd rather Call the flop and reevaluate turn, if he is betting again like pot size then I might even just fold it, we often face a very strong hand in this situation, when people Call preflop and then potting on flop. As played I don't really like the min-raise I'd make normal raise and go broke. (Likely even just go directly all-in since our stack is that small).

Hopefully you got some answers to the questions but I am just going to over-answer them.

Yeah, that's why I'd prefer to just Call.

Not really just fold, we could still Call and reevaluate turn but often he is representing a very strong hand

3.At that time, I FLOP raise is because I think the opponent to bluff,, this correct?

The raise is to protect from any kind of draws.

As you decided to raise then we can't fold anymore.

Best regards.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Originally posted by veriz
      Hello wangwei520,

I'd rather Call the flop and reevaluate turn, if he is betting again like pot size then I might even just fold it, we often face a very strong hand in this situation, when people Call preflop and then potting on flop. As played I don't really like the min-raise I'd make normal raise and go broke. (Likely even just go directly all-in since our stack is that small).

Hopefully you got some answers to the questions but I am just going to over-answer them.

Not really just fold, we could still Call and reevaluate turn but often he is representing a very strong hand

Best regards.

THANK YOU!
      1.."the min-raise I'd make normal raise and go broke"
      I want to know NORMAL RAISE how much should be?
      What do you mean go broke?
      2.MY flop's raise is wrong?i think he want to bluff
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1.."the min-raise I'd make normal raise and go broke" I want to know NORMAL RAISE how much should be? What do you mean go broke?

Normal raise should be shove in this case since we will have less than 1/2 of our stack and therefore it's better just to shove. Broke means like go all-in. :) But as I mentioned I wouldn't go broke here by that I mean like not go all-in.

Those opponents never bluff like pot size bet. :) Most often it's for value.

And you are welcome! Merry Christmas!
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      Hello wangwei520,

Best regards.

thank you for your help
      questions:
      1.Which situation is the way ahead / way behind
      2."As you decided to raise then we can't fold anymore"
      at that time i think i lost!Why did not I FOLD
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      1.."the min-raise I'd make normal raise and go broke" I want to know NORMAL RAISE how much should be? What do you mean go broke?

Normal raise should be shove in this case since we will have less than 1/2 of our stack and therefore it's better just to shove. Broke means like go all-in. :) But as I mentioned I wouldn't go broke here by that I mean like not go all-in.

Those opponents never bluff like pot size bet. :) Most often it's for value.

And you are welcome! Merry Christmas!
      THANK you!
      questions:
      1.you say"since we will have less than 1/2 of our stack and therefore it's better just to shove"
      How do you calculate the " less than 1/2 of our stack "?
      2.When faced with opponents of the betting, when we can all in?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black

That means, either you are way ahead like the opponent has only few outs against us. Or other way we are far behind, the opponent could already have straights or sets or something similar and we only could have few outs.

2."As you decided to raise then we can't fold anymore" at that time i think i lost!Why did not I FOLD

That means that we already have invested too much into the pot and folding would be wrong, since we are getting good odds.

1.you say"since we will have less than 1/2 of our stack and therefore it's better just to shove" How do you calculate the " less than 1/2 of our stack "?

For example, you take your stack, you have $1.88 left, you bet $0.70 of course it's not exactly 1/2 but it's near it (1.88-0.70= ~$1). Therefore it's better to go directly all-in there or mike your raise a bit smaller or something similar.

2.When faced with opponents of the betting, when we can all in?

That's hard to answer, a lot of depending on the situations and opponents. For one example you already got that in this situation it's not better to go all-in. Just keep posting the hands and you will find out in which situations you can go. :)
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze
      That means, either you are way ahead like the opponent has only few outs against us. Or other way we are far behind, the opponent could already have straights or sets or something similar and we only could have few outs.
      thank you!
      i can understand your words!
      questions:
      1.Can you give me an example?
      2.My hand is not it WAY ahead / way behind?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      1.Can you give me an example? 2.My hand is not it WAY ahead / way behind?

For example:

Flop: J :heart: J :club: 2 :spade:

And you have A :club: A :diamond: . The opponent bets into you and in this situation you get the possibilities.

Your opponent has a pocket pair or unpaired hole cards and not more than two outs. In this case you are way ahead.

If he has a jack, however, you only have two outs against him. On top of that, he might also hold 22, and with every ace or every jack you would have four outs against him. You are way behind.
    • wangwei520
      wangwei520
      Bronze

For example:

And you have A :club: A :diamond: . The opponent bets into you and in this situation you get the possibilities.

Your opponent has a pocket pair or unpaired hole cards and not more than two outs. In this case you are way ahead.

If he has a jack, however, you only have two outs against him. On top of that, he might also hold 22, and with every ace or every jack you would have four outs against him. You are way behind.
      THANK YOU very much!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by wangwei520

For example:

THANK YOU very much!
      You are welcome! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions. :) Good luck on the tables!