steal strategy SSS

• xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Hi everyone,

I`ve recently climbed to NL 200$ playing SSS and want to make my play a bit less readable, since there are less tables and less players... some people are already greeting me when I sit down))

So I came up with the following modification:

When my steal attempt fails it usually looks like this - I stealraise, opponent calls, I cbet flop, he calls again, I check turn, he bets, I fold. I noticed people love floating on NL 200.

So my plan is:

When I have legitimate hand in steal situation, I will implement exactly the same line, for instance:
      I got KK on the Button - stealraise, cbet, check turn and push after his move

I think it should work quite well... what do think?

Of course as any poker strategy this one should have exeptions, for instance, i am not going to check turn against passive calling station, when holding made hand...
  • 6 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Surely dependant on situation and how the board looks?

I wouldn't want to check the turn on a scary board and allow villain to see a free card if he's drawing.

Non scary board sounds good :)
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      Originally posted by ManniXXX
      Surely dependant on situation and how the board looks?

I wouldn't want to check the turn on a scary board and allow villain to see a free card if he's drawing.

Non scary board sounds good :)
      well, of course it is situational, as I told before, i am not going to miss obvious valubets... But the thing is, imo you can`t really deviate from +EV basic strategy without giving up some value from this situation... yeah, ofcourse I will be outdrawn couple of times, because I let him see freecard... but the question is will float lovers pay me off long term... I guess they will... agressive players are likely to bet their draws here... besides, people give less respect to my raises when I am in steal position... and ofcourse they will see me folding on turn when I stole...
      On top of that it can work vice versa - I will get a free card on turn after my steal and cbet sometimes...
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      xylere how long did it took you to get to nl200 from nl10 and how many hands

is your daily limit?
    • xylere
      xylere
      Bronze
      vladnz, I can`t say for sure) My first post in english forum dated at 4.11... At that time I was still playing NL 10$ and I guess I started nearly about 2-3 weeks before it... So month and a half, maybe a little bit more...

I am playing about 10k hands a week and my winrate for 50k hands is about 5 BB(big blinds)/100
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      ty man
    • Berliner1982
      Berliner1982
      Bronze
      The problem with your line here is, do you really have the read, if you opponent is floating you and will for sure bet on the turn then, when you bet. Because if you are not, you miss value here. So start making notes and get reads on your opponents, so that you can exploit them later. With what do they float you and how often and on which kind of boards. When you know that, you can adapt your game that way, much easier. Maybe bet again on the turn instead of checking, if your opponent is floating you with weak made hands. Or if they call your steal attempts loose as well, maybe check behind on the flop in good spots.

On higher limits your postflop skills get more and more important as well and you have to balance your lines a bit as well.