[NL2-NL10] NL10 FR A6s on BU

• acceleration123
      acceleration123
      Gold
      CO was very loose guy, for limp/call was very wide and he even raises with weak hands (especially preflop).

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $9.43
      SB:
      $11.68
      BB:
      $10.51
      MP1:
      $10.00
      MP2:
      $10.00
      MP3:
      $8.03
      CO:
      $16.82

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, 6.
      3 folds, CO calls $0.10, Hero raises to $0.50, 2 folds, CO calls $0.40.

Flop: ($1.15) 7, J, 5 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $0.70, CO calls $0.70.

Turn: ($2.55) 9 (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero checks.

River: ($2.55) A (2 players)
      CO bets $1.21, Hero calls $1.21.

Final Pot: $4.97.
      Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of aces(A 6).
      CO shows a pair of nines(6 9).

Hero wins with a pair of aces(A 6).

Call on river - ok or bad move ?
  • 4 replies
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Since 9 :spade: improves us to FD on turn I think it's pretty good spot for 2nd barreling.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello acceleration123,

Always when we get improvement and get more equity against the opponent doesn't mean that we have to CBet. Also consider against who you are playing against. For example in this case we are against a station then I'd rather just Check behind and hope for a hit. As played seems to be fine, I'd also Call it there with our hit on Ace, never know those kind of players what they are doing on river, they might as well even bet with weaker pair which thinks that the Ace might scare you away with your Jx what they were thinking that you have.

Best regards.
    • Oly0909
      Oly0909
      Silver
      Hello veriz and sorry for reopening this thread.

I have few questions about this hand and I want to clarify some things in my head.
      1) If we know villain is a station, should we cbet this flop? I mean it's not some scary board for station and he probably wont fold.
      2) If we think he can fold then, why wouldn't we 2nd barrel now when it's not even pure bluff any more but semibluff?
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      That's fine, all the questions are welcome. It's rather better if you ask questions rather stay calm and don't do anything. I am glad you asking. :)

1) If we know villain is a station, should we cbet this flop? I mean it's not some scary board for station and he probably wont fold.

Depends against what kind of station are we. For example we are against such a station who doesn't bet unless he hits rather is passive then sure, we can Check behind and take a free card and often times even consider our A high being good. But more often if the opponent is more aggressive one then I'd rather CBet it here and get a free card on turn & river. Plus we add fold equity on such a flop when he didn't hit, he might as well fold it directly here.

2) If we think he can fold then, why wouldn't we 2nd barrel now when it's not even pure bluff any more but semibluff?

Since when he even Called us on flop then he is likely going to continue turn also and I'd say we even have showdown value with A high and also we have a lot of outs in river. Rather take the free card.