Gibraltar mission aka CZECH/SLOVAK Community rulezzz

• Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      Hi all,

it happened somewhere around lunchtime today that I decided to finally start my own blog as well.. Don´t worry that does not mean I will stop spamming your blogs, guys!! :D I´m Pavel, 27 years old, from Prague and poker has crossed my life path quite heavily recently and as a result I moved to Gibraltar to work for PokerStrategy effective from January 2011. The first month in this wonderful place is almost over and it is a good time to set up my blog to spread news around

(i) my poker career, goals for 2011 and some interesting hands
      (ii) bits of my personal life, and
      (iii) update about the upcoming launch of Czech/Slovak community here on PokerStrategy.com for those, who are interested.

Bits about me
      I´m master of economics from Prague university and last 6 years I have lived the peacefull life of successful tax advisor (last 3 years worked for PwC) with a promising career - allowed to go to work every morning and get back late in the evening prly for the rest of my life =) - and I´ve enjoyed this life, learned a lot about business, made many great friends, built the network of contacts, I could live very nicely just 5 weeks every year during my holiday, etc when... OMG POKER thing happened to me which turned my life upside down :f_biggrin: but to finish my normal life introduction first: I like sports a lot - was playing volleyball for 10 years, footbal, doing athletics and always enjoyed sportive attitude to everything, incl challenges. To keep my brain in good shape I have played chess since I was 4yrs old (biggest successes 1x individual Czech champ under 16 in 1999 and 3x Czech champ of teams with Pardubice, took part of Champions league of teams and individual World championship). It´s a long story around chess, but last 5 years I play it only recreationally (elo around 2350) and my main mind game is...

Poker
      I´ve been playing poker for approx 4 years, but first 2,5 years only social gambling with friends on friday drinking actions. Than I moved online, lost like 1k$ playing stupid, also busted starting 50$, did not study at all from the beginning and always keep justifying my losses with bad beats and rigged theories like a typical fish.. This changed in September 2009 when my friend Martin (fghacko here on PS) started playing SnGs using PokerStrategy articles and he climbed up the limits from 1$ SnGs to 109$ SnGs and was rolling big cash. I realized it probably works and I could be good as well if I study more. So I studied 3 basic SnGs articles here on PokerStrategy and deposited online 100$ in Sep 2009. I moved up the limits and in February 2010 I had BR 2.5k$ and switched to NL BSS, directly on NL100 (I actually never played lower stakes). I learned how to beat nl100, after some months nl200 and in August 2010 started first shots on NL400. I lost some $$$ on nl400 and after -7k downswing in November rather moved down to nl200 and nl100 - as I did not want to fuck up my mood around christmas time :] :f_love: Anyway 2010 ended with +15k after rakeback, effective BR 6k as I have cashed out around 10k during 2010.

btw this is me on holiday - all inclusive, so needed to utilize it!! Free drinks omg :D (Tenerife btw)

Gibraltar
      Gibraltar is fantastic place and I will write about it more later as this introduction post is already bloody long (my respect, if you are still reading). I will also update around my traveling plans with my girlfriend in Spain, Africa, surrounding islands (btw Gib seems to be in the centre of the world) + upload some pics etc. For a first impression, you may want to have a look at the short amateur video done by one of my friends via his iphone when he was here for a visit last week

• 594 replies
    • EagleStar88
      EagleStar88
      Bronze
      Nice intro Pavel, look forward to hearing how you get on.

I was in Gibraltar for a flying visit in October, great place & lovely people, I'm sure they'll look after you ok ;)

Nice video too.

Good luck with your blog & the job.

Best regards,

Bart
    • Vildcz
      Vildcz
      Bronze
      Hi mate, nice intro! Good reading, I wish it was longer :) Update as often as possible :)
    • THESHade
      THESHade
      Bronze
      Damn, I hoepd I will be first :)
      GL, added to favourites :)
    • Kahanek
      Kahanek
      Bronze
      Good luck down there and keep it posted! :f_biggrin:
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Where is the Pokerstrategy HQ?

I'm in Gibraltar right now for the chess tourney :D
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      hey all, thanks a lot for nice reactions :f_love: :] :heart: , I will surely post a looot here, it´s many things to say after first month here in Gib, many things has happened and many more will happen soon!! e.g. tomorrow I plan to show my january graph together with poker goals for 2011

Originally posted by goldchess
      Where is the Pokerstrategy HQ?

I'm in Gibraltar right now for the chess tourney :D
      hey man, that´s cool! My girlfriend plays the tournament :D I want to work very hard now so I did not opt to play, but I will pop by over the weekend at Calleta so we can meet at playing hall of the tournament and talk. ;) what is your name so that I can find you in the start list?

In the meantime you can meet my girlfriend monika there

btw yesterday she won against stronger player with black pieces and had to celebrate it - so she got home with similar monkey behind her back haha :D

Otherwise PokerStrategy.com HQ is at WaterPort place - you can find the pic of building on facebook if you add the company pages to your favourites on fcb ;)

• i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      gl, will follow
    • goldchess
      goldchess
      Bronze
      Added you in community tab
    • Duncan737
      Duncan737
      Bronze
      Hi, I will definitely follow your blog, good to see another Czech's blog. :)

btw what do u do for PS?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      Hi cornie, nice blog i must say. Anticipating alot more from this blog already. Good luck in poker and career, we'll be watchin and supporting you! :D
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      @Duncan - Hi, mate! Yeah, Czech invasion ;) I'm business unit manager czech for pokerstrategy and my task is to (i) localize the product, (ii) build the team of best poker coaches and freelancers available in CZ / SVK and (iii) launch the czech community here on PokerStrategy - that ultimately means new language will be available here on PokerStrategy.com and many of our friends who are not super-strong in English will be able to enjoy the benefits of this wonderful site, yuhei :] :f_biggrin:

@ rio - hey, thanks a lot. I just have lmao yesterday on your blog on the video of 15 most stupid people :D will follow yours as well ;)

well - gotta start writing my first poker update now
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Full ring nit/fish. Pretty blog though.

Win 100k in 2011 imo.
    • Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      My first Poker Update - January 2011

Hi all, there is my first poker update. It makes sense to determine the poker goals for 2k11 already on the beginning of the year. However, in the period of December/January I was moving from Prague to Gibraltar, had to start working and living in completely new environment and sort out many RL stuff, so I did not have time to think about the goals and write them down. Also my new job in PokerStrategy opened new windows to my visions and plans, so it makes sense to set up the goals now. However, in order to set up the goals (damn this smells with management :D ), I need to update on what happened in January poker-wise, because so far I have only shared my 2010 results and I like to keep my poker situation up-to-date to the fullest.

One could think that one month is not a long period, so it' s not a big deal - but I had very special January, which significantly changed my perspectives =) So what has happened in December/January:

1) I phased out from my tax-accounting-legal-white-collars-business oriented job and could finally focus fully on poker. My job and business (yep, I treat poker as my business) finally go hand-in-hand and offer great synergies. Instead of studying accounting and tax (boring, extensive, demanding stuff), I can focus on poker markets, poker education, poker communities, stategies, coaches (thrilling, interesting, highly-motivating stuff).

2) PokerStrategy offers free accomodation to new joiners for the first month (good benefit btw as nice appartments cost here between £1.000 - £2.500, people typically share the flats so that they can (i) live nice, (ii) reduce the costs and (iii) have friends alongside themselves) and I was lucky enough to live with pretty decent poker player flat mate Mr Patrick Leonard (his blog here btw HU spewtard balling out of control) - he is a HU spewtard and we played a lot of sweatsessions together so I learned some good aggro and passive lines and considerations from him thanks to his massive HU experience. Thanks, mate ;) We will surely play together a lot going forward as I also need to teach him some solid-fr (he would say nitty) - manners in online poker and we really enjoy playing together :] So it looks like win-win so far. and

3) In December and January I started analyze a lot of hands in NL BSS hand judging forums and follow the blogs of good players here in PokerStrategy.

As a result, I managed to grind up my BEST POKER MONTHLY RESULT EVER in January :f_cool: =) Please find below some graphs. It is all NLHE RUSH FR, both nl200 and nl400 as you can see

btw - I cashed out some ks so my current BR = 15.6k$ I will start determining my goals for 2011 from this point.

• Cornie4ever
      Cornie4ever
      Headadmin
      Headadmin
      So this was the update on my personal poker situation. It is very challenging to set the right goals now, as my winrate in January was dramatically different in comparison with my winrate last year and I don' t have reliable sample for the new situation. However, already in December I was up 5k, I improved my game a lot in January and I feel confident beating NL200 and I think I will be confident to beat nl400 soon. So even if there is some sort of upswing in the above charts, I still should be able to do around 8k every month on average. So there are my goals:

Personal poker goals 2011
      :diamond: at least 50k $ profit this year on nl200 and nl400 rush FR.

:diamond: Become nl400 rush FR regular, increase my edge to grind these limits confidently (I think this is a challenge because highest rush limit is played even by many nl1k regulars, I think.. Would be good to have some information about the field).

:diamond: Keep analyzing hands on Hand Judging forums and contribute to discussions. Share knowledge.

:diamond: Shoot English and Czech videos for PokerStrategy.com on nl200 and nl400 rush poker FR. Do first video within a week.

:diamond: If successfull myself, keep sending small incentives (aka cornie´s free 50$) to my friends within czech/slovak community if they struggle with starts of their grinding careers.

However, I view my personal goals only as the very no. 2 in my poker goals for 2011. There are much more inspirating plans ahead in 2011 and those are related with starting the Czech / Slovak community on PokerStrategy.com and domination of the Czech and Slovak poker markets.

Community poker goals 2011
      :club: Launch the Czech/Slovak community as of 1 April 2010.

:club: Secure by far the best online educational poker content available for czech/slovak players. As a result czech / slovak players will become winning players and/or increase their win rates significantly.

:club: Start cooperation with the best of the best coaches among CZ / SVK players - I will announce some positive news from the Czech side soon and there is one pending hope for the great cooperation also from the Slovak side.

:club: Dominate the Czech/Slovak markets within first 6 months after the launch of community, i.e. become absolute market leader until the end of the year 2011 in all terms.

:club: Make sure the community grows, veteran members are open to newcomers, share their knowledge and the community lives in mutual harmony. Set up good team of colleagues here in Gibraltar to contribute and look after this.

:club: Do attractive promotions upon start of the community, give members opportunity to build the community via their ideas ("ideas" forum one of the tools).

:club: Popularize poker as a mind game of skill.

:club: Keep updating this blog in EN and CZ languages and let it grow to the Leader´s voice in Czech/Slovak poker market.
    • Duncan737
      Duncan737
      Bronze
      GL with these big goals, there is no solid czech poker educational site. It will be small step for nowaday PS members, but a big one for czech "freeroll players" If u will succeed.
      u should be czech poker ambassador :)
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      I personally think that 100k$ is too big a target for you. You made $15k last year? Over 6x that amount is a big, big task especially with so much work in the upcoming months, also remember you have a girlfriend (-ev)

If I was you I would set $50k as your poker "goal" and anything else a huge, huge bonus. $50K is alotttttttt of money and next year you can improve your goal. You've ran good for a month, admitedly you have played very well and improved alot since the first time I "sat behind you" but from $15-$100k is alottttttt.

You really, really enjoy poker, this is evident so why spoil it by setting goals that you may fail to deliver on and eventually think you are a failure because you make $70k?

I also think you have one other pretty big problem.

1) Playing till you are in the green - It simply doesn't make sense and although it has worked in January it could have devastating effects if you don't change it

This is meant as a positive post not a negative one. You know I joke about alot calling you a fish etc, but genuinely feel that if you have the right mindset you will be able to go far.

You know this is meant as a positive post.

p.s Stake me for WSOP events and I win us the world.
    • i5bet72o
      i5bet72o
      Bronze
      i cant wait for your rush vids
    • EmmaDauwe
      EmmaDauwe
      Bronze
      A dot from the Belgium community.
    • TwiceT
      TwiceT
      Black
      gl with everything sir.

keep on crushing gib :f_cool:
      maybe i will find some time to visit gib also in 2011. be prepared for some party action :f_biggrin:

im also playing rush400 regularly, so cu at the tables (i won't ever make a vid tho :f_p: )