[NL20-NL50] AK top pair AI

• cutegoldfish
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (9 handed)

Known players:
      MP1 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with K, A.
      UTG1 calls $0.25, UTG2 folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, CO raises to $4.50, 4 folds, Hero calls $3.25.

Flop: ($9.6) 4, T, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($9.6) 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $5.25, CO calls $5.25.

River: ($20.1) 8 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $7.00, Hero raises to $18.39(All-In), CO calls $11.39.

Final Pot: $56.88.

12/8/5 over 600 hands and agg 1.7. i thought he had a lower pair like QQ or JJ
  • 5 replies
    • Cerberus84
      What were your thoghts on the different streets?

Until turn I like your play. I would bet the turn bigger maybe 6.5.

Two possibilies on River:

Check Call

Value Bet River, with a raise u are commited to call!

Villian seems to be a passive guy and I see only premium Hands in his range!

To sum up..I would play check call the river
    • MatejM47
      Against a 12/8 guy im probably folding preflop in this positions. I doubt he has a really lose 3betting range and whenever you flop an A and he has QQ, KK your not really getting paid and when you flop a K best you can hope for is a split while he can still have KK+ and has you crushed. Not to mention 2 out of 3 times you will flop nothing and just c/f so its basically spewing money.

The way you played it the river is just a call since he never ever calls you with worse here if he has half a brain.
    • Kaitz20
      I think AK is a little too strong to fold pf, so I´m fine b/c. Postflop you have to go with your hand, so I´d take c/r line on the flop.
      Betting turn is fine and I´d likely shove river. He has there very often QQ/JJ, sometimes weaker Kx hand, he would likely not bet worse hands, but might call your shove or 11$ valuebet
      If you check then it should be c/c, since I don´t see him take b/c line with worse hands than yours
    • AntigaP
      to fold Ak preflops is not bad play oop against nit cos its very difficult to answer how much we can earn in this spot
      If we played very agressive last hands and we assume he can 3 bets us with AQ then go ahead to flop A and c\r flop. that is a really profitable spot.
      In our case after c\r flop he will fold everything except KK+, AK, TT. Thus we get dead money pushing out worse hands or split or lose pot.
      Question is: How about c\c flop, c\rAI turn. If he checks behind turn we try to value bet JJ-QQ on the river with about 1\2 bet, of course we call his AI
    • veriz
      Hello cutegoldfish,

Preflop: I'd also fold it preflop for the reason that we are against such a nit. Also you didn't mention his fold to steal and also 3bet. The problem is that even if we hit we won't get paid that often, likely only CBet and also we don't hit often enough. Although if you had a reason to Call there then also mention it and maybe even it's doable.
      Postflop: Bet the turn ~$6 and likely shove yourself the river than Check/Raise.

Best regards.