$5.00
      BB:
      $6.25
      MP2:
      $4.79
      MP3 (Hero):
      $5.17

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3, 3.
      MP2 folds, Hero raises to $0.20, CO calls $0.20, 3 folds, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.47) 8, 9, 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO checks.

Turn: ($0.47) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, CO raises to $0.65, Hero calls $0.40.

River: ($1.77) 5 (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85.

Final Pot: $3.47.

Results follow:

Hero shows three of a kind, threes(3c 3d).
      CO shows a straight, jack high(Td Jh).

CO wins with a straight, jack high(Td Jh).

This hand contains a mistake that am constantly making.
      When am OOP and clearly have best hand I very often check in hope that villain will raise.
      And the worst thing is that I dont even look their agression factor.
      This guys Aff is 0.9 which imo isnt good for desired action.
      Turn completed straight with JT and he re raised me so I kinda could smell where am I standing here.Anyway I hoped that he cought 2 pair, since I could easly see him having 97s or 87s.
      I called and hes 1/2 PSB on river was kinda strange so I decided to call ,later to see that it was thin value bet.

I know my first mistake was checking the flop, but should I fold to hes re raise on turn or flop ?
  • 2 replies
    • Gerv
      Gerv
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Sinnology
      This hand contains a mistake that am constantly making.
      When am OOP and clearly have best hand I very often check in hope that villain will raise.
      I hate hoping. Also Villain is betting and not raising. Furthermore you rather want to have his KJish hands call your flopbet, hit a K and get his stack rather than allowing him to lose less money as HE CAN CHECK BACK FLOP.

]And the worst thing is that I dont even look their agression factor.
      This guys Aff is 0.9 which imo isnt good for desired action.
      That doesn't matter because you are not going to check/raise anyways on such a board. Every marginal hand will bet/fold, even A9 maybe.

Turn completed straight with JT and he re raised me so I kinda could smell where am I standing here.Anyway I hoped that he cought 2 pair, since I could easly see him having 97s or 87s.
      I called and hes 1/2 PSB on river was kinda strange so I decided to call ,later to see that it was thin value bet.

I know my first mistake was checking the flop, but should I fold to hes re raise on turn or flop ?

What are his stats? Well besides JT, he can have 98,97,87 , FD+over. Against his stack I most likely would either shove directly or just call

River is a clear fold. he is checking back 2pairs here for sure

- Gerv
    • Sinnology
      Sinnology
      Global
      THx man!