This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Was this the right play?

• AllAboutTheBenjamins
      AllAboutTheBenjamins
      Bronze
      I've been playing some $1.00 + $0.20 9max SnG`s this morning so far I have only played four, played two single games then played two at the same time.
      I have been using the ICM trainer but i am still finding it hard to understand, I can see problems coming in the later stages of SnG`s in the future.

Anyways this was in the final game, i had already placed 2nd in the one I was playing at the same time and was just finishing this one off, this hand comes in the late stages while on the bubble.

Known Players:
      Position:
      Stack
      CO:
      BU:
      SB:
      Hero:

SnG-MTT $ 1.20 (9 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (4 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.98.40204.1 by www.pokerstrategy.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J :club: , 7 :club:
      CO raises 200 to 400, 2 fold,
      Hero raises 1485 to 1885 ( (AI)), CO calls

Flop: (3870) K :heart: , Q :heart: , 6 :diamond: (2 Players)

Turn: (3870) 4 :diamond: (2 Players)

River: (3870) 9 :heart: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 3870

Results follow (Highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card king (Jc, 7c) --> (Kh, Qh, Jc, 9h, 7c)
      CO shows a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Kh, Qh, 9h)

CO wins 3870 with a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Kh, Qh, 9h)
  • 1 reply
    • pzhon
      pzhon
      Bronze
      I don't see what would draw you into this hand. Did you have some read that the CO was minraising a wide range and then would fold to most pushes? If so, then pushing may be ok, but I don't think this is a winning play on average.

J7s is not a strong hand, and in this situation your opponent has shown some strength. Also, you are particularly risk-averse against the chip leader when you are in a folding war with another short stack.