Was this the right play?

• AllAboutTheBenjamins
      I've been playing some $1.00 + $0.20 9max SnG`s this morning so far I have only played four, played two single games then played two at the same time.
      I have been using the ICM trainer but i am still finding it hard to understand, I can see problems coming in the later stages of SnG`s in the future.

Anyways this was in the final game, i had already placed 2nd in the one I was playing at the same time and was just finishing this one off, this hand comes in the late stages while on the bubble.

Known Players:

SnG-MTT $ 1.20 (9 Players)
      100/200 No-Limit Hold'em (4 Players)
      Hand recorder used for this poker hand: PokerStrategy.com Elephant 0.98.40204.1 by www.pokerstrategy.com

Preflop: Hero is BB with J :club: , 7 :club:
      CO raises 200 to 400, 2 fold,
      Hero raises 1485 to 1885 ( (AI)), CO calls

Flop: (3870) K :heart: , Q :heart: , 6 :diamond: (2 Players)

Turn: (3870) 4 :diamond: (2 Players)

River: (3870) 9 :heart: (2 Players)

Final Pot: 3870

Results follow (Highlight to see):
      Hero shows high card king (Jc, 7c) --> (Kh, Qh, Jc, 9h, 7c)
      CO shows a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Kh, Qh, 9h)

CO wins 3870 with a pair of tens (Ts, Tc) --> (Ts, Tc, Kh, Qh, 9h)
  • 1 reply
    • pzhon
      I don't see what would draw you into this hand. Did you have some read that the CO was minraising a wide range and then would fold to most pushes? If so, then pushing may be ok, but I don't think this is a winning play on average.

J7s is not a strong hand, and in this situation your opponent has shown some strength. Also, you are particularly risk-averse against the chip leader when you are in a folding war with another short stack.