Hero ($25)
      CO ($25.20)
      BTN ($24.18)

Dealt to Hero 6:diamond: 6:club:

Hero raises to $0.85, fold, fold, fold, BB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 7:spade: Q:diamond: Q:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $1, BB raises to $4, Hero calls $3

TURN ($9.80) 7:spade: Q:diamond: Q:spade: T:club:

BB bets $6.90, Hero raises to $20.15 (AI)

Villain is 20/16/1.8 with 4.7 3bet (115 hands)

With this stats and no special history I don't see any value check/raise in his range on that flop.

I put villain mostly on pocket pairs after calling oop, with that stats. So Qx can be eliminated from his range, then after he raises I think 77 can be too, because why would he speed it up here without any history?

I expect villain cu check the turn and me to take the pot with a bet, but in this case he barreled (the same amount that I was planning to bet), so I raise all in with the thought that his range doesn't contain any hand that can call.
  • 4 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Gabinr1,

While you don't have any specific reads on him or either not any good stats which indicate that he is doing the raise on flop with pure air I am Bet/Folding it. The raise doesn't look that weak either and every 7x even beats us and of course Qx, higher PPs as well. What's his Check/Raise for example? And do you expect him to continue his bluffs when we Called on flop that often? I am more often inclined to think that he would give it up there when we Called and his line doesn't look that weak either or either his AF doesn't indicate to that he is a maniac or something similar. Rather a straight forward player.

Best regards.
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      Villain insta-called my shove and showed 77.

I guess the Turn Bet is the sign that he has us beat, because what does he barrel there? What's my calling range on the flop?

Maybe he puts me on a weak pair there (so he barrels), but he's burning money with this because Q makes a big part of my range.

A call on the flop has it's merits, imo.

Villain played this hand perfectly against me, if we have known each other I would give him credit for outplaying me. But overall he is losing value there by check/raising: from QT+ he can get all the value on the turn, but smaller pocket pairs that maybe would have been coolered or induced to bluff the turn will fold, AT+ is folding... unless everybody thinks like me :D
    • Gabinr1
      Gabinr1
      Bronze
      With the C/R he gets value from flushdraws. But there's a small chance that I have one (@6 combinations) and if he just calls and the spade hits, he can get more value from flushdraws and from hit draws.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      I guess the Turn Bet is the sign that he has us beat, because what does he barrel there? What's my calling range on the flop?

More often it's just a trap with some strong hand.