The Well - Aaronlambert "dfsuperstar"

• AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      A stranger is being shown around a village that he has just become part of. He is shown a well and his guide says "On any day except Tuesday, you can shout any question down that well and you'll be told the answer". The man seems pretty impressed, and so he shouts down: Why not on Tuesday? and the voice from in the well shouts back: Because on Tuesday, its your day in the well. '

Basically this is an opportunity for you to ask me anything. I am a video producer for Pokerstrategy and look forward to answering your questions!
  • 40 replies
    • ihufa
      ihufa
      Gold
      Biggest ship?

Honest oppinion on JonathanLittle videos?

Will you stake me for Super Tuesday tonight since i was first in your well?
    • lessthanthreee
      lessthanthreee
      Bronze
      how did you get started in poker?
      what are your main games right now?
      what did you play back when you started?
      best thing about being a pro poker player/coach?
      worst thing about being a pro poker player/coach?
    • tokyoaces
      tokyoaces
      Bronze
      Who is your poker idol? (for any reason) Why?
      Who is your poker mentor? (the guy you want to play like) Why?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Biggest ship? 19.8K in the Nightly 100K... it isn't as high as I'd like but I feel a big score coming at the WSOP this year

Honest oppinion on JonathanLittle videos? I watch his videos and he can give some good tips to help your game. He does a good job of articulating his approach to the game which is something I wish I was better at doing.

Will you stake me for Super Tuesday tonight since i was first in your well? I wish you would stake me for the Super Tuesday :D
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Who is your poker idol? (for any reason) Why?
      It may be hard to imagine but I don't really have an idol when it comes to poker. There are many people I respect out there but no one in particular stood out when I was watching poker and made me want to say "I want to be like him". If there is someone's approach to the game I would MOST like to mimic it would be Esfandiare (sp?) not because of his nitty style but the fact you can tell he really enjoys the game.

Who is your poker mentor? (the guy you want to play like) Why?
      I actually didn't even know of all the poker information out there when I started to take the game serious. I bought several books and dove in. The books at the time weren't great but I did a good job of adapting with the information I had to get good at what I was playing. The guy I would like to play like these days would be shaundeeb. The kid takes a lot of flack for being lucky and whatever but you can't down talk the guys results.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      how did you get started in poker?
      In College in 2004 I was invited to a game and played there. I actually grew up playing with my family and would play some dealer choice games but I account the first NLH tournament as the ticket to take me where I am now.

what are your main games right now?
      I generally would have always said 180 mans but I've been jumping around a bit lately. I still think the 180 mans are my bread and butter though. Turbo format.

what did you play back when you started?
      I was a freeroll machine back in the day. I sometimes would cash for pennies and simply play some .01/.02 on an old school site called JetSet Poker.

best thing about being a pro poker player/coach?
      My Boss is Awesome! :D Being your own boss is the coolest thing and the flexibility of being able to set up your own schedule take days off and whatever has to be the best thing about it.

worst thing about being a pro poker player/coach?
      The worst thing is the stress of poker. Not knowing when your next check might be coming can be rough and when you incorporate a wife (I'm married) it adds more issues to the situation. I hate bringing the stress from work back on her because it isn't fair on her but she's too good to me because she handles it well :D .
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      bumping this in case someone missed it
    • MarcPS
      MarcPS
      Who's the best MTT player in the world, live and online?

What price would you give yourself on winning a bracelet this year?

If you went busto tomorrow, how long do you think it would take you to get a $10k roll from $100?

Do you still love the game? (Did you ever?)

Best investment/baller purchase from poker?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Who's the best MTT player in the world, live and online?
      Online Shaun Deeb
      Live I love watching Tom Dwan and I don't know how he is profitable playing the way he is but it is fun to watch.

What price would you give yourself on winning a bracelet this year?
      Probably not playing the whole series but I am playing a few events. I'll say 1/50 I'll land a bracelet.

If you went busto tomorrow, how long do you think it would take you to get a $10k roll from $100?
      That would take some time with proper bankroll management. I'd prefer to get backed but if I HAD to do this I'd say 2 months.

Do you still love the game? (Did you ever?)
      I use to love the game I know that for a fact but the love is dieing a bit lately. I hope I catch the bug again. Sometimes I feel like it is a job which can never be something you love. Once it feels like a game again I know it is love.

Best investment/baller purchase from poker?
      Has to be my bed. Bought a King size tempur-pedic bed top of the line and sleep like a baby. By far the best investment you can make considering how much time I'll spend on it.
    • pleno1
      pleno1
      Coach
      Coach
      Pics of set up?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by pleno1
      Pics of set up?
      I'll take some pictures today of my office. I'm not done with it at the moment as far as how I want it to look but you'll see what I have so far.
    • DannyG13
      DannyG13
      Silver
      How much cash game experience do you have? As a means of rekindling your love of for the game, ever thought about switching games to 6max / HU or something, or you think you'll always be an MTT player?
    • supeyrio
      supeyrio
      Bronze
      what is your ride?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by DannyG13
      How much cash game experience do you have? As a means of rekindling your love of for the game, ever thought about switching games to 6max / HU or something, or you think you'll always be an MTT player?
      I have cash game experience and that experience has taught me that I am a MTT player. I don't doubt that if I could study the game I could make it work but the problem is you are learning a new game.

I recently tried to switch to PLO for a bit but ran way below EV and it just didn't seem like somethings that would work for me.
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by supeyrio
      what is your ride?
      I am not a flashy guy so rides don't appeal to me... I drive a 2000 Nissan Maxima with low mileage. I am a point A to point B kinda guy. Bought it in January.

It is always nice to show up at a dealership and pay for something in straight cash though :D .
    • clawindsouza
      clawindsouza
      Bronze
      wats your winnings so far if you dont mind me asking...also could you post a graph with non showdown winnings?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      Originally posted by clawindsouza
      wats your winnings so far if you dont mind me asking...also could you post a graph with non showdown winnings?
      In Cash Games? I'm probably down like 20K or so over my career. I had one big day about 3-4 years ago that wasn't tracked that I won about 23K or so right before Christmas. What a day that was!
    • stevegold87
      stevegold87
      Bronze
      What were you studying in college?

How old are you and how was it when you told your family/friends that you play poker for a living?

Do people judge you? Do people understand you?

Do you tell how much you make with poker a year?

How much do you make with poker a year? :D

Do you think the game is a lot harder today and that it will eventually become impossible to make a good living out of opker?
    • AaronLambert
      AaronLambert
      Bronze
      What were you studying in college?
      I got my Bachelors Degree in Business Management and I am currently finishing my Masters in Sports Management.

How old are you and how was it when you told your family/friends that you play poker for a living?
      I am 26, they didn't really believe it but at the same time they have no problem with it. I get the same typical questions that I'm sure everyone else gets but my family grew up playing poker (not for money). Typical Dealer Choice type stuff. My dad ended up playing a game at a repair shop which was dealers choice and 5 max bet. At the time it seemed so baller because they didn't use chips and the money is just laying out there. Looking back it was pretty foolish of us!

Do people judge you? Do people understand you?
      I do think everyone is judged. People judge harsher on things they don't understand. They generally just give me a look I can look through and I know it is telling me they think I'm a degen or something.

I think so. Outside poker my goal is to have fun and enjoy myself.

Do you tell how much you make with poker a year?
      No, I typically just say "I can pay the bills" or "I do OK." I don't like to boast too much because it can make you look like an a--. :D

How much do you make with poker a year? I do OK. :D

Do you think the game is a lot harder today and that it will eventually become impossible to make a good living out of poker?
      I do think the game gets tougher but I feel like it seems like it is tougher until you adjust. You will always have casual gamblers so the game will always be beatable.

I think that in general if you are studying the game you better stick with current material. I think videos I made a year ago are now outdated and really won't provide you with anything new. For that reason the sites must continue to pump out new material day after day.