[NL2-NL10] NL2 AKs vs two midstacks, flop flushdraw

• Tomaloc
      Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, A.
      UTG1 raises to $0.06, UTG2 folds, MP1 calls $0.06, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.24, 2 folds, UTG1 calls $0.18, MP1 calls $0.18.

Flop: ($0.75) Q, 6, 9 (3 players)
      UTG1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG1 raises to $0.66, MP1 raises to $0.70(All-In), Hero calls $0.30.

Turn: ($2.81) 8 (3 players)

River: ($2.81) 5 (3 players)

Final Pot: $2.81.
      Results follow:

Hero shows high card ace(Ks As).
      UTG1 shows three of a kind, queens(Qc Qh).
      MP1 shows high card queen(3s 4s).

UTG1 wins with three of a kind, queens(Qc Qh).

Should I just take the free card, shove for value or shove as some kind of semibluff? I really didn't know what to do at the time (and still don't). Am I just isolating myself against better by betting?

As for what I thought during the actual hand:
      I bet something to give them like 3:1 odds to get draws to call (or so I was thinking)... so, I was betting for value there.
      But, in hindsight, I'm on a draw myself (even if it's quite a good one counting overcards) and don't really have showdown value, and if they call that bet then they're pot commited and are not going to fold anything later anyway... so it's just like shoving. Is that analysis fine?
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      Hello Tomaloc,

All those hands what we likely win anyways are going to fold and most likely those which we don't win are going to continue. Therefore I'd just Check behind and be happy to get a free card, against those small stacks we don't have much fold equity anyways. But as you bet then there is not much to do than go broke because it was your plan with the bet.

Best regards.