Deposit option in the Phillipines

• kramirez05
      kramirez05
      Basic
      Hello Everyone,

Im from the Philippines. I am a new member of Neteller. Im trying to deposit to Neteller using my debit card and international bank transfer however my debit card was declined and i understand that there are some restrictions. I tried to use international bank transfer and it was declined too. I request for a call back from neteller to discuss about but basically they said they dont know whats the reason behind it. The money was sent back to my bank account so i talk to my bank what was the reason about it. They told me it is because of administrative reason they said. They told me since i was sending U.S dollars, the transaction went to a bank filtering system in the U.S and for some reason it was sent back.

Now i emailed neteller asking if theres any other way i can deposit to them since those did not work however they keep sending me the same scripted replies saying to go to my deposit option and check what is available for me. Its just so dissapointing because i have sent them a lot of email regarding my poblem i just want a straight answer and solution on how i can deposit.

If there is anyone here in the Philippines using Neteller succesfully i hope you guys can help me.

Thank you so much
  • 65 replies
    • YinYangS
      YinYangS
      Bronze
      hi kramirez!

i'm a pinoy. ^_^

what site do you plan to play anyway?

if it's pokerstars, i didn't use netteller but instead used the bank transfer option. to withdraw money in the future, you could have it deposited directly to your bank account.

i haven't tried using Netteller yet so i can't advise with you on that.

good luck! :f_biggrin:
    • kramirez05
      kramirez05
      Basic
      I am already playing in fultilt for a year and i dont have problems depositing and withdrawing there. I am also playing in Carbon poker wherein my only withdrawal option is Neteller and click2pay basically i choose Neteller somehow thats the only option that will work here in the Philippines. I need to deposit first in Neteller before i can use it as a withdrawal option in carbon poker. And there goes the problem, i can not make a succesfull deposit in Neteller because my eon debit card won't work and bank transfer does not go through.

Thanks
    • bmsalido
      bmsalido
      Bronze
      Sorry, kind of out of topic, but how bout withdrawing from Neteller here in the Philippines?

What are my options? And fees. Thanks!
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hi guys,

yes it would be nice if people can share their experience here. poker banking in the philippines can be so complicated :(

here's my experience... i was able to withdraw to Neteller on Carbon/PartyPoker/Merge Network/Microgaming Network/Everest. I never deposited on Carbon/Merge with Neteller because i was using click2pay before, but i was able to withdraw to it without any problems.

i never needed to deposit on Neteller and i havent attempted to withdraw from neteller to bank (but i plan on using bank wire transfer here). will let you know if it works! maybe i will do a test amount later.

if anybody else has experience here, pls share!

for pokerstars, yinyang could you tell everybody the best way to cash in/cash out and what fees are involved? thanks so much. :heart:

smiles everyone,
      wendy
    • sp00nman
      sp00nman
      Bronze
      I have neteller and I don't use it. Its too complicated for me. =) Why not try other deposit options? Just go to a bank or something.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      im currently using neteller and click2pay to transfer funds from room to room.

i havent tried withdrawing from neteller directly, i guess it will also be declined / returend just like you were funding your neteller account.

what i plan to do if i plan to withdraw my online roll soon is to move my funds to 888.com and deposit via neteller and withdraw via bank transfer. help hope that helps.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      just adding some info for click2pay

To deposit, follow these steps (Pls note that i am not posting this as a moderator of PokerStrategy.com but simply sharing my experience as a fellow player from the Philippines. any opinions here are mine alone. please check the safety of all information and follow them at your own risk :) )

1. Make a click2pay account. (go to their site and register)

2. To load money there, you will need to go to this 3rd party payment site which handles their philippine accounts:
      Asia Pacific E-Serv

2. Follow their instructions on that page. if you get confused (or sometimes the page gives an error), you can call their office as well. (it's a local number). basically, you will be given instructions (account name and number) on how to deposit at the bank. (format is like paying electric or credit card bills)

3. you will need to physically go to the bank (i used bdo) and deposit whatever cash you want (they accept only peso).

4. voila! after a day or 2, cash appears in your click2pay account in PESO.

there are no charges for depositing. you will find exactly the same amount you deposited in your e-wallet. i have done this twice and it worked without any problems.

take note, here are the disadvantages in my opinion:
      - not all sites will take click2pay (merge, everest, microgaming and some ongame skins do. Partypoker and Pokerstars do not)
      - the only option i see to withdraw from click2pay is via euro check (i dont plan to do this since it will take 1 mirrion years to clear and baka mawala pa sa post office)

so what are the advantages?
      - i use it primarily to transfer between sites easily and clear the bonuses that i want without any additional charges (bank wire transfers have significant charges)
      - it keeps your money in peso while it's in the e-wallet so it does not depreciate with the dollar (in fact, it gains more value).
      - the conversion rates have always been very reasonable

i've only transferred to neteller this month because strangely enough, some sites which have allowed me to deposit with click2pay in the past no longer allow withdrawal back there (but allow me to withdraw on neteller). i dont know if these are only recent changes with the sites. so now, all my withdrawals have been to neteller. since i use proper brm, i dont expect that i will ever need to deposit again. but i will share once i have more experience with is.

sorry for the giant wall of text. hope this helps my kababayans here :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      just wanna add more info on click2pay

if you have a debit card/credit card there is no need to fund your click2pay account.

just use click2pay PAN number and deposit to the poker room and you have instant cash.

if you want to transfer from neteller to clickp2ay,

i suggest you deposit on merge network ( carbon poker, etc. ) via click2pay and withdraw via neteller. thats the only network so far that allows this but it takes around 5 - 7 days.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      ty dwyt!

yes this is also how my dollars ended up in neteller.
      click2pay --> merge --> neteller.

to add also, the main advantage of neteller (vs click2pay) for me is that:
      - practically all pokersites accept this. only Pokerstars does not (from the Philippines anyway)
      - it has other cash out options (not only euro check) such as bank wire transfers. although i haven't tried yet if this will work. if not, i think the other option is to have the poker site wire to our bank account.

also note that:
      - neteller keeps your br in dollars. i don't know if this is a good thing actually. pero at least no converting goes on, and you always know exactly how much you have.
    • bmsalido
      bmsalido
      Bronze
      how about details sir re: withdrawing from neteller here in the philippines? does the net+ debit card works here?
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bmsalido
      how about details sir re: withdrawing from neteller here in the philippines? does the net+ debit card works here?
      hey there, i just applied for my net+card and it got approved in 1-2 days. i have to wait for it in the mail though. no idea how long this will take...

according to their site, it shld work just like any normal credit/debit card. kung totoo, that would be so useful because then we can use the money anywhere (like stores, etc.) you can choose the currency. i chose to get it in USD (because i want to use it mostly on poker sites) except it will have conversion fees if i use it in peso stores.

will let you guys know if it works when i get it. ^^
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      fees for that are super high wends. i have the debit card for click2pay and im sure it works the same way as the neteller card. you can use it for stores, ATM's but you will cry for sure because of the high fees

i.e. i withdrew 600$ once from click2pay to my click2pay card, i ended up getting only 525$ because of the ATM bank fees ( local and foregin )
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      hey dwyt, ty for the info. those charges seem huge! is the click2pay card, a mastercard as well?

for neteller card, these are the fees displayed on their site (for USD):

conversion fees = 2.95%
      atm fees = $6
      point of sale (POS) locations = free (this means stores that accept mastercard, right? provided they are in USD like ebay or pokersites)

i definitely do not want to use it for atm because of charges. :(
      maybe bank wire transfers would do the trick? i just do not know the charges here yet. ay wait, im not sure the bank transfer is an option for our country :( i do not see it in the list.
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Gold
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      hey dwyt, ty for the info. those charges seem huge! is the click2pay card, a mastercard as well?

for neteller card, these are the fees displayed on their site (for USD):

conversion fees = 2.95%
      atm fees = $6
      point of sale (POS) locations = free (this means stores that accept mastercard, right? provided they are in USD like ebay or pokersites)

i definitely do not want to use it for atm because of charges. :(
      maybe bank wire transfers would do the trick? i just do not know the charges here yet. ay wait, im not sure the bank transfer is an option for our country :( i do not see it in the list.
      click2pay card is maestro.

i think all foregin cards used as ATM has a Cash advance fee of 3% or 5$ up to 10$ which ever is higher + local bank fee ( maybe 150pesos i forgot ) per transaction.

so its definitely better to use the neteller mastercard for POS here.

im not sure if we have a bank transfer option in our country. best option for that is to move the roll again to another room and do bank transfer which sucks
    • neljun
      neljun
      Bronze
      Guys. I also have a neteller account. I also applied for a net card, still waiting for its arrival. It will take around 21 working days to arrive in the country. I'll try to make a bank transfer to a local bank this week. Hope it works.
      If the local bank transfer doesn't work. Saang poker room provides a good and effective local bank wire option? I'll transfer my neteller funds and eventually withdraw via bank transfer.
      Hirap kasi ng local credit at debit card, they don't work due to the restrictions. Yung Poker room that I'm playing in, Betfair (because I do sportsbetting just shifted from MSW) seems to have problems bank wiring funds to the Philippines. I attempted several times sa bank transfer menu and it doesn't work.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      update: i received my neteller card. it does not work for depositing on poker sites with error "card issuer does not allow gambling transactions" i emailed neteller and they confirmed this too. bwiset. they advised me to use neteller the ewallet itself (not the card) instead. i guess i'm stuck to just using it for purchases then.

i will try wiring from neteller to my hsbc account. will update you guys if it works. :)

neljun: anong bangko gamit mo? gumana ba? let us know. :)
    • neljun
      neljun
      Bronze
      I'm using BDO and Unionbank. Just got my neteller card this week kaya I decided not to wire transfer my funds. I'll just wait the for the PIN number to arrive, i'll just withdraw via ATM. Di bale na medyo mataas ang charges basta sigurado naman na darating.
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      oh ok, will you let us know how much charges they take once you are able to use the atm? thanks a lot :)
    • neljun
      neljun
      Bronze
      No Problem. Mag post agad ako kapag naka withdraw na ako. Cheers!!!!