How to react to a raise <13bb

• Leo
      Leo
      Bronze
      Hey Guys,

When in a SnG and you have less then 13 big blinds, usually its push or fold mode...
      What about when there's a raise in front of you and your holding cards like AQ/KQ/JJ/TT or high suited connectors?

Thanks,
      Leo
  • 6 replies
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      I tighten up against a raise/limpers. I find many people limp Ax but will call a push, especially when you have a loose table image. I feel much safer first in however there are gonna be hands you just can't get away from and have to call/push.
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      Depends on the stacks and number of players, but against a min-raise you'll usually have enough fold equity for a re-steal push, though if you've tried this against them recently they might be trapping.
    • mchaggis
      mchaggis
      Bronze
      mostly depends on opponent, number of players in the game and the raise size.

If he won't fold to your reraise you must be certain he could be raising with worse hand, your fe is far smaller than with limpers.

With a raise in front I usually consider AQ or 88+ a reasonable hand to push, but again, it really depends on opponents and situation.
    • ManniXXX
      ManniXXX
      Bronze
      Originally posted by erob60
      Depends on the stacks and number of players, but against a min-raise you'll usually have enough fold equity for a re-steal push, though if you've tried this against them recently they might be trapping.
      Interesting, I treat min raises the same as any raise unless I see a player doing it too often. (I will protect my BB though). Too many people on my limit minraise with monsters. Oh, and limping from the SB with AK seems to be everyones favourite trick too.
    • LickyRude
      LickyRude
      Bronze
      10bb and i'm shoving with any AA - 88 (depends on situation for lower PP's)
      AK,AQ suited or unsuited.

Ofcourse a lot of it depends on the chip stacks and table images of you and the pre-raiser.
    • erob60
      erob60
      Gold
      What I meant was that if they're making a minraise, their odds for a call against a push will be worse than if they had raised normally. (As opposed to meaning that their hand was weaker). If you're not yet in the money, they can't call without a monster if you have them covered, but on the lower limits they tend to call with crap aswell (QJ for instance).