UX Beating Fixed Limit

• UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Hello. I am UX from Estonia ( living in Spain at the moment ). I started to play Last summer, but didnt had any clue about any strategys and stuff untill I found pokerstrategy in december, Lost my starting capital, and after that I started to read articles and stuff here what has helped me very much. Since March I got staked and started to play SNG-s in Pokerstars, and it has been very good, at the moment I still play SNG-s and since the beginning of June I started to play Fixed limit cash. And I really enjoy that :f_grin: . I made a new start in 10 of June with 10$ in Pokerstars account, (I Have all my funds in my Full tilt account, but I cant find that much traffic in fixed limit there) So I started out in Stars with 0.02/0.04 Fixed Limit, after a 10 Days I got it up to 20$ and got 10$ Vip Reward so I started with 0.05/0.10 in 20 of June and just today(26 of June) I got my BR that big that I can start playing 0.10/0.20. I hope to continue my good road to the Higher stakes. and Btw I play Short Handed. I will post some Graphs and hands as well on this Blog.
      Feel free to post to my Blog.

My Agressive BR Management :f_biggrin: .
      Limit : BR Needed ($) : BR Needed (BB)
      0.02/0.04 : 10$ : 250
      0.05/0.10 : 30$ : 300
      0.10/0.20 : 70$ : 350
      0.25/0.50 : 200$ : 400
      0.50/1.00 : 450$ : 450

[img]C:\Users\Ana\Documents\Graph8.png[/img]
  • 33 replies
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      10.06.2011-25.06.2011 Graph, First 15000 Hands played in 0.02/0.04 and the rest of it is 0.05/0.10.
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Nice graph! :) I'm also learning FL at the moment and in the forum I'm observer rather than active poster for now)

Your hands in the evaluation section are of much interest for me though I prefer not to post my opinion but to compare it to the opinion of the judge. It's because I'm learning and there is something I may miss and only point to the wrong way) I guess this situation will impove in the nearest future :)

Good luck to you! As I see you take this business very seriously so keep up the good work! =)
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Thanks :) , I think you should post still as well your hands to the evaluation section, for me it gives much motivation if somebody tells me that you played it right, or wrong, then I know what to do next time if this situation comes again. I didnt posted before any hands to the forums, but now if I started FL SH. I started to post and it really helps me:) .
      Where do you play and what limits? I just started with 0.10/0.20, but it was quite swingy (mostly that I tried to use Pokertracker HUD, what was so annoyng, I never before use HUD, but I think I need to get used with it.). But I know I´m going to beat this limit as well:) .

Anyway Thanks for posting to my blog. Good Luck at the tables.
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      It was so obvious that the small blind got his flush completed.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      MP2 calls, 2 folds, Hero calls, SB calls, BB raises, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop: (8 SB) T, Q, 2 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets, MP2 calls, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6 BB) 9 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets, MP2 calls, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: (14 BB) 7 (4 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 14 BB.
      Results follow:

MP2 shows a pair of jacks(J J).
      BB shows a pair of queens(Q A).
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9 9).
      SB shows a flush, jack high(6 J).

SB wins with a flush, jack high(6 J).
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hello again!

I'm currently playing on Poker Stars, FL FR 0.1\0.2. Sometimes I open 3 tables and sometimes more up to six but... Now I clearly understand it's a bit early to do so, it's better to master the game without multitabling because it can multiply losses while learning and there is no good in it.

Good luck at the tables to you as well!
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Eep, You mean then 0.02/0.04 yes? well yes in the beginning when I was learning fixed limit(or earlyer NL ) I never multi tabled, 1 or 2 tables opened was really enough for me, didnt even thought that I could handle over that :f_biggrin: , but now I play 4 tables at the time in SH and cant go over that, just 4 tables is totally enough for me, and if I open 6 tables it goes too fast for me and everything is messed up in my head and in the game :D , but Full Ring I have played up to 12 tables, but that was in NL. But How are you doing with your game in Full Ring, do you have as well Blog?. 0.02/0.04 Should be very easy to beat limit, I had a bit trouble there (very swingy I mean) because of the maniacs, but still it was very easy limit and 0.05/0.10 was even more easy, Like you saw from the graph:D , and now I start to beat already 0.10/0.20 as well, I had a bit trouble there as well in the beginning, but now started to climb up, I will post new Graph as well today:) Hope You climb up soon and maybe see you at the tables then. :f_cool:
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      No-no, I mean 0.10\0.20 :) When there were Double or Nothing tournaments on Poker Stars I used to play them and when they were closed I found a job. Actually I don't like it too much now, I don't like the atmosphere, salary, how the day goes while working... Though at the beginning everything was fine :)

There is a decision for now: go find a new job or do something in the internet, freelance or poker, for example. I have enough bankroll after DoNs to play even FL FR 0.5\1 but I want to learn, to acquire postflop skills, to prove to myself I can do well not only in SNGs but in cash as well. I decided to play 0.1\0.2 because I think 0.05\0.1 is quite little for me and 0.25\0.5 is a bit too much for now =) So 0.1\0.2 is quite all right)

Maybe we will meet on the tables when I beat this limit and go further, also starting to play short-handed tables) For now my aim is to play full-ring, deal with theory and acquire necessary knowledge to be solid in every FL game whether it's FR or SH =)

I don't have a blog but I will think about it) For now it's enough for me to proceed with evaluation forum and with your blog, it gives me a lot motivation =)

BTW, hope everything's fine with Poker Stars and it will continue functioning just like before, unlike Full Tilt)
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Yes that Full Tilt thing sucks really, I´m so happy that I started the new BR in Stars... damn all my funds are stuck in Full tilt now:D ... and sorry I was sleepy a bit in the morning and I was looking that you wrote 0.01/0.02 ...lol... well we play the same limit then, what is your user in stars?, I play only SH and I´m at the tables every day quite often( depends if I´m not going to the beach or anything), sometimes all day long, sometimes all night long, From where are you from actually?, and it is good idea to play first in Full Ring to gain some more experience and knowledge. but you could try the SH for example 0.05/0.10 or 0.02/0.04 and gain the experience there as well, if you want to start to play only SH. but heh, what do I know :f_biggrin: . I´m going to add my BR Management as well to the first post, I use a bit agressive BR Management but with Climbing it goes better:)

Good Luck at the tables
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Okay New Graph today, had swingy start again in new limit but now everything is going up again :f_grin: .

• UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      :)

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.2 Fixed-Limit Hold'em (5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BU with Q, Q.
      CO posts deadblind, MP3 folds, CO checks, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, CO calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3, T, A (4 players)
      SB bets, BB calls, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 9 (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds.

River: (9 BB) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets, SB folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: 9 BB.
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Today I´m officially Silverstar :f_cool: :f_biggrin: . Next Month Hope to get at least Gold.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Hello again!

Congratulation on SilverStar! :s_thumbsup: You're on the right way undoubtly!

Well, agressive BRM is risky but sometimes it's justified I believe :) I used agro-BRM when playing DoNs and had never any regret about this decision. Taking into consideration how everything's going for you it's all right on micros I suppose)

I'm from Belarus, there's nothing like beach or sea here... :s_cry: It's raining every morning and every night but I get used to it) I have seen somewhere in the forum you live in Spain (and actually from Estonia), am I right?

My screen name in Stars is almost the same as here (adding r at the end). And what is yours? I believe we both will play SH sooner or later (you're playing them at the moment :D ) The reason is also that there are not so many FR tables on higher limits.

Nice graph is usual :s_grin: I will show you mine after some decent amount of hands because I do some job here and there now so I don't play as much as you do but I really want to spend more time on playing itself (to put theory into practice :) )
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Thanks, Well I can handle The agressive BRM very well, I mean I dont have any problem to move a limit down if needed, so No problem with that:) , and as you can see that with each new level I add 50BB more to get to the safer way.
      Well Yes I write here in the blog as well that I´m from Estonia, and living in Spain, but I would say that Spain is not what I was expecting :f_frown: . Only good things here are Good Wheather, Beautiful Girls and cheap bear :f_biggrin: . My User In stars is : UXXUM . Dont let bother if you see me somewhere speaking crap to the fishes and donkeys. I like to have fun from time to time :f_biggrin: . Like some guy says that Online Poker is Rigged. LOL.
      Ok Good Luck at the tables :f_cool:
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Ha-ha-ha, really, it was the first post of the blog with Estonia and Spain :D That's exactly where I have seen this))

Well, I play without a chat but am not against anything that helps you including speaking to fish =)

BTW, what did you expect from Spain and why did you move there?
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      I was thinking spain is a paradise :f_biggrin: . white sand, very clean country and so, but no, everywhere you find only trash and people are slow and everything is totally different. if you want something to be done then you have to wait one year :f_biggrin: . but heh, still I´m good here :f_grin: . and what about chat, I usually dont chat as well at the tables but heh when I feel a bit angry then I might say something stupid and Leave the table, or if I´m Happy then I just speak some rubbish to the fishes, so they get angry and start to give money every chance they can... lol
      Today I´ve had quite swingy day again, phh I see so many new players today, I think its because of the FTP shut down. so in 0.10/0.20 SH FL at the moment seems like I´m playng again in 0.02/0.04 Limit. Lots of maniacs.

Good Luck
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
    • UXMALAGA
      UXMALAGA
      Bronze
      Started today with new BR in Poker Heaven( Thank You very Much Pokerstrategy.com). There isnt much Fixed Limit traffic. But very easy to beat opponents. smallest Limit what I Found was 0.10/0.20, so I start up from there with 70€ and use still my Agressive BRM.

Starting BR: 70€

Current BR: 79.31€

PS. I still continue playing in stars Mostly, but I will make couple of sessions in Poker Heaven every day.