Playing with wife?!

• RobertDaPro
      RobertDaPro
      Bronze
      Hi there,

My wife wants to start learning poker too.. Is that ok by pokerstrategy that there is 2 members of family playing and also what about poker software sites. Lets say we play in same tournament and might end up at same table. Is that ok or not with the rules? Just checking before hand..
  • 10 replies
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Silver
      Let her play with your account ;)
    • burak220
      burak220
      Bronze
      I'm sure you can have 2 members of your family playing here, just would need to provide id to prove it. As for the poker site, I know that on full tilt you can't play at the same sitngo with 2 people from the same ip(considering you guys live in the same house), I'm pretty sure it is the same on pokerstars and the other major poker rooms. If you are playing in a MTT though and end up in the same table, that's not a problem because that's totally a coincidence. You might want to explain to the poker room and send in your IDs or they will eventually block both the accounts until both of the family members provide proof of ID. Gl with that. =)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Thank you burak for providing helpful information on this topic.

Playing at the same poker room from one household is not an issue, but we always advise you guys to contact the poker room and let them know in advance so they don't mistaken you for fraud ;)

They probably ask for ID copies or maybe not, depending on the poker room you are planning to play at.

Let me know if any issues.
      Ingrid
    • DuDaa
      DuDaa
      Silver
      Or just let your wife play with your account ;D
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by DuDaa
      Or just let your wife play with your account ;D
      Don't know about other sites, but this was contrary to Full Tilt's ToS

It is also contrary to sound BRM :)
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      I think in MTTs aslong as there is more than 90 players its ok to play, but as said by ingrid just email the pokersites support. They will be able to assist your further
    • purplefizz
      purplefizz
      Bronze
      i've had some experience here and i can tell you that some sites do not even allow you both to log on at the same time.

in summary:
      1. it greatly depends on the poker site
      2. its best to contact their customer support first so that you will know the restrictions and avoid problems later on
      3. it is not surprising to find that you will need to go through more stringent verification process

as for PokerStrategy.com, we have no problems with having 2 members from the same household. :) we've had members here who are brothers, roommates or married. i think it's great :) of course, everything needs to be properly verified first :)

smiles,
      wendy
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Out of curiosity Fizz do they both get $50 or just one? My guess is one of them does and most likely the first to register receives?

@Op Sorry for the slight offtopic ;)
    • IngridN
      IngridN
      Bronze
      Originally posted by purplefizz
      as for PokerStrategy.com, we have no problems with having 2 members from the same household. :) we've had members here who are brothers, roommates or married. i think it's great :) of course, everything needs to be properly verified first :)

smiles,
      wendy
      so, yes ^^ they both get the bonus after verified their account. :)
    • RubyWesson
      RubyWesson
      Bronze
      Originally posted by IngridN
      Originally posted by purplefizz

smiles,
      wendy
      so, yes ^^ they both get the bonus after verified their account. :)

Maybe i should teach the missus how to play haha cheers ingrid.

At OP what room you play at and ill try find some more info for you