slikec poker story! NL SH low stake player!

• slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Hi guys i am new fish in big poker familly :D

Let me shortly introduce myself. I am 23years old(soon 24) student of economy(actually last 2 years i am on break).

I played poker for fun mostly on play money tables and with friends some nights.

Since last few years i am seaching my purpose in this world and try different stuff i decided to give a try poker carrer.

I think althought my brains rested a bit to long and is hard to start the engine again if you know what i mean i am eager to succeed.

Now i play poker for real money less than month and i started with 50€(around 71$) deposit on partypoker. First week i made those 50partypoints which make me even(i got 50$ bonus and i lose 50$ making 50 points :( ).

Than i found this site and took quiz and read articles and change my play.

Well results are showing still i am making huge mistakes.

At titan poker where i got 50$ i am currently at 9€ from 32,4 i started. Well stupid as i was i went into tilt mode entering 5 SNGs 5$+0,5$ and lost all and the way i lost most of them is even more embarrasing :(

Now i am stuck with 0,01/0,02 NL with SS strategy and in last two days i palyed there 8 hours and almost 1k hands and made minus 1,5€ which ofcourse don't make me happy.

So far only thing i kinda accomplish is i won one begginers freeroll at partypoker :D which gave me 21$. That was amazing feeling but still those turnaments are so much about luck :evil:

So far thats basicly it.

Lol i have to add the best had i ever made so far which just happened while i was writting this story on party freeroll :D

I had AK and on flop came KAA :D And like that is not enought 3 players bet liek crazy(was limit freeroll) and on turn came A so i had poker aces :D

Ok and now my plans for near future:
      -learn poker ofcourse especially now i want to learn by heart pot odds and odds
      -try to win some more begginers freerolls and
      -play good SSS on titan poker to realease bonus and get some capital to breathe easier ;)
  • 148 replies
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Played today 1,5h on 4 tables and made profit 1,5€ which i am very happy about on NL 0,01/0,02 tables since in frist hour i was 1,2€ in minus. Like i went all in with QQ and villian had KK(ofcourse i didn't go all in emediatelly we were just raising eachother till that was anything you could do).

Today i plan to play 1 maybe 2 hours more later and i am looking forward :)
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Played 1,5h more same stuff(NL 0,01/0,02) and earn additional 1,8€ so today was good day. I also went on freerol on party finished 87 and got 0,2$ lol :D

For today is enought enjoy :)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi slikec,

Welcome to pokerstrategy. Just read and re-read the pokerstrategy-articles a couple of times. Watch some of the videos and you'll be fine. Post some hands in the forum as well to let them judged by our professionals and you'll soon be climbing up levels. About the freerolls, they are fun to play but still very different from "real" (with buy-in) tournaments. But still, congratulations on your win.

Good luck!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well i know freerolls especially until you get into first 100 are just ridiculus.

Well my report from last two days.

Each two days i played again around 4 hours and yesterday i finished with -0,08 after i had already +2,5$ and lost three all ins X( First one was bad luck and than i just called two stupid all-in when i was huge underdog.

Last one was when i had K6 and flop came AKK. Since noone raised preflop(all limped) i checked one raised i rereased and he put all in and i stupidly called. He showed than AK and i am sure he loved my money :D

Well shit happens. Today was quit same :tongue: I made +1€ than again made few stupid all ins(like i had AJ diamonts on flop with two diamonds) and fall by 3.5€ which was 25% of my bankroll :(

Well i took long break eat sth. went walking out for half an hour and later played 2 hours more and had upswing :) So i finished today with +2€. I think soon i will make finally 35$ rake so i get first 10$ bonus.

I would like to post hands but how can i save hands in titan poker? In party i can send mail but in titan i don't find than option? I am to lazy to rewrite all hand history here :(

Oh yes btw i made to silver rank.

I am curious is possible to make slovenian strategy points rankings since as i see there are few of us here. Just would like to see how good players we have here :P
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      O yea :D

Last two days were just amazing for me. My bankroll went up from 10€ (which was my bottom yesterday) to 29€ at the moment.

Yesterday i played 2 hours from 22 till 24 and today i played good 4hours.

I am still at NL0,01/0,02 beginners tables :D where i know are many fishes which i am using very well in my advantage lately.

I just readed lots of evaluvated hands here on forum and now i just don't play anymore when i miss flop and someone bet to much. Also when i think i am underdog now in 90% i just fold while before it was probably more or less only 50%.

And that i think counts the most. Since games with big pot count and now i play in less but in % win in far more and that i hope is the reason of my nice upswing.

Or i was just damn lucky with my cards. Well we will see how it will go next days.

And yes i will read more strategy articles and check more evaluated hands to improve my game.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Hi slikec,

About the slovanian ranking... there are thoughts about a Slovanian community but that won't be for tomorrow. Let that community grow some more and then there will be a seperate place for u guys :)

About the Titan handhistory importing, take a look here.... Titan Handconverter

Nice to hear you're learning lately and improving your game (and results!)

Good luck!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Well i played aswell last two days made my upswing to 35€ fall down o 27€ made it yesterday again to 34€ and fall to 29€. So yes i had bumpy ride. Well game was ok ofcourse i made some mistakes(even few huge ones) like folding when i had best hand several times(but those fishes just rased to much to actually think they bluffed :D ).

Well i am really unfortunatelly bad with computers. Is there any page where is written how to use hand converter? That logs from history just don't want to be converted X(

One more question. I need 2k strategy points for pokertracker? I was also checking that program a bit and i don't find titanpoker in file-auto import hand histories?
    • Killerius
      Killerius
      Bronze
      It's part of the iPoker Network.

Velik sreče pa vstrajnosti ;)
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Hi slikec,

Good to see you progressing as a Poker player and learning more about the game.

Now i am stuck with 0,01/0,02 NL with SS strategy

If you are playing SSS please make sure that you are following all the guidelines for playing shortstack strategy. These include playing only at tables with atleast 8 players, and only at limits where you can buy in for 20 Big Blinds. In general this is only possible as of 0,05/0,10 NL Tables since the minimum buy-in for micro stakes Tables is larger than 20BB.

As you already stated - you need 2,000 strategy points for Pokertracker and Pokerace - which you will receive automatically once you have accumulated the necessary points.

I wish you good look in getting that far, and look forward to reading about your progress

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      Slikec,

just be patient and wait for good hands and when you get them STICK TO THE Small Stack Strategy!! I know it is hard sometimes when you don't get any decent cards for a longer period of time and then you get a semi decend hand (AJ on UTG, or KJs, A9s,...) and you just want to call or raise - DONT! :D When your knowledge increases so will the number of playable hands but untill then - be patient!

In kot je že Killerius povedal, VELIK SREČE IN VZTRAJNOSTI! :D

Originally posted by Zeffke
      About the slovanian ranking... there are thoughts about a Slovanian community but that won't be for tomorrow. Let that community grow some more and then there will be a seperate place for u guys :) ...
      I just hope you didn't confuse Slovenia with Slovakia! :P
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Oh crap :rolleyes: My bad..... I meant Slovenian... Sorry guys
    • ancha666
      ancha666
      Bronze
      Look look look moderators, how many of us playing for pokerstrategy! go slovenian community go go :) :) :)
    • debelinko
      debelinko
      Bronze
      Yep, plenty of us here!

And btw it's spelled 'vztrajnost' not 'vstrajnost'.

Veliko sreče!
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      You grammar nazi you! :evil: :P

sem že popravil :D

@Zeffke: It's not that bad, we get confused a lot, I just wanted to make sure that you really were talking about our comunity because we would really appreciate a place "of our own" :D
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      I played more poker. I cleeared first 10$ (6,7€) bonus and am now at 42€ bankroll.

I just rereaded short and big stack articles and i actually play big stack upps. Since at TITAN playing SSS for 2 hours in row is almost impossible since not so many players playing there(like in evening around 20 tables for 0,01/0,02 limit). And another problem is when you leave table titan poker save with how much money you left that table. So when you double up at all tables you have to relog and wait for tables again.

Now i will take break this weekend and paaaarrtyyyyy than i will read again SSS and aswell BSS and than decide how to contunie. I am not that bad playing BSS at begginers tables(and last two days also normal tables) but i think yes i have to start from 0 again.

So probably next week i become SSS player at 0,10/0,20 tables with 8 tables open same time and wait for cards :D

A mi lahko en slovenc razlozi kako se uporabi hand converter za titan k enostavno pojma nimam pa bi rad, da se kdo kako mojo igro oceni.

Have great weekend,

slikec
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      Was long tiem since i posted last time. Not much changed. I played more hands reread some articles and also some new and watch two more videos.

I got some nice tips there but basicly i still now and than make some stupid decisions :D

Like calling with KQ when already 4 limped and board showed KQ4. Well i scuked out in rasing game till all in since he had 44 :D

Anyway last two days i made some profit and cleared additional bonus and am atm at 67€ bankroll.

I readed impressive interview of new black member:) 500k points in 2 years is just amazing comparing to my 300 in 2 almost months :(

Well i need to study more about the game is main lesson i get from that interview so i plan to do that.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Good to hear that other members are inspiring you, keep improving your game and maybe one day you will be there as well ;)

Good luck!
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      A little update on my "carrer" :)

I played a lot of poker since last post(around 4-5hours each day) and quite succesfully if we count of yesterday when everything went wrong and i lost from highest point(around 91€) to lowest points(around 77€) 14€ and lost confdence in my play i must say.

Today didn't go well aswell for 1 hours(up and down and again some unbelivable losses) but than i won some nice hands and gain confidence in my play(which is damn important). Curently i am almost at 84€ bankroll and i am sure i will get tomorrow another 10$ bonus and hit again 90€ mark :)

I also prefer BSS play since i hate going all in preflop and play so little hands as SSS recomend. I just like to limp with small pairs since they in overall i think pay off to me far more than premium hands :( Reason ofcourse is limping is easy while when you raise preflop with premium hands in 50% noone calls.

Well i tried SSS on NL0,05/0,10 played around 500hands and is anoying since mostly you lose money for SB and BB and when i get premium hand i somehow lose(like QQ against KK and AA :D ). Or KK against A2s and he gets flush :(

Enjoy,

slikec
    • slikec
      slikec
      Global
      WOOOHOOO :D

I have to post it again since i had best poker session in my life :D

In 3 hours of poker i made +23€ which make my bankroll to 107,5€.

BSS rulz :D I won most of money with basic hands which become monster hands :D So basicly for now i will play BSS on low limits.

And i also decided that i hardly will go all in preflop with AK. Today i went three times against pockets and lost(all SSS otherwise i wouldn't even think of).

Good evening,

slikec