How to play the nuts?

• bbosstjan
      very little history (42), and current stats of the villain 7/5/0 (VPIP/pfr/3bet)

On the turn I wanted to trap and induce his action, however he didn't take the bate and on the river I tried to save as much as I could and made a bet he would probably pay. I can't really get rid of the feeling I could have got more out of him een though his check on the turn give me an idea that he is probably very passive player.

So how do we play nuts? against a calling station there is ony one way: bet - bet - bet, but how to do it with a NIT or a TAG?

Hand converted with online hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      CO (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is CO with T, T.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds, BB folds.

Flop: ($0.95) 9, T, T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.50, BU calls $0.50.

Turn: ($1.95) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, BU checks.

River: ($1.95) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.20, BU calls $1.20.

Final Pot: $4.35.

Results follow:

BU shows a full-house, aces full of tens(Qc Ac).
      Hero shows four of a kind, tens(Th Tc).

Hero wins with four of a kind, tens(Th Tc).
  • 8 replies
    • gadget51
      Like the bet on the flop, nit (reg?) will play fit or fold most boards.

I bet turn for 1.30/1.40 or so to hopefully keep him interested butI'm no expert at bet sizing in these spots for obvious reasons, lol. HEe could be floating because of the TT he can't or doesn't want to put you on that. Remeber, villain hasn't passed the BSS School you have :) :) .
      Anyway, if nit hasn't got a hand he wants to go to showdown with, nothing you can do will entice him to do so, except checking it all the way.

If he calls the turn I push river...easy game.

NH. :)
    • Maniatrix
      Villain just called the river, amazing...
    • boomer011
      I would say the overall line looks decent, i don't neccesarily mind turn check as often a player with the ace will take the initiative and bet assuming flop bet was a mere C-bet, check might even induce a player with a 9 to bet. As played I think overbet river, your getting called by any ace, and every 9 is likely folding at this point anyways. As played ship river, stack villain. EZ game :D
    • doctorkgb
      push river obv!! If he has an A you stack him, if not he won't pay anything. I think that is called the elastic range.
    • Phgrinder
      river call with A full by villain. was it a snap call or timebank should i raise or just call thing? :D
    • Castle93
      As boomer said just shove the river he's either calling any bet or folding to any bet, apart from if he's bluffcatching but that's irrelevant

As for the check on the turn that seems fine, a bet seemed fine as well as you get paid off by an ace but as the river came a second ace you wouldn't have lost any value on the turn by just shoving the river standard
    • SrintNZ
      bet bigger on all three streets

dont try to get tricky with these hands, just bet bet shove

overshove river if needed

go for fat value at these stakes
    • ihufa
      I'd shove river cus no A is ever folding, and the extra amount of money u get from A's outweigh by far the amount of money u get from hero calls with K hi etc.