This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL2 A8s BTN

• Eyewitness
      Eyewitness
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.94)
      BB ($2.02)
      UTG ($6.46)
      UTG+1 ($1.96)
      CO ($5.99)
      Hero ($2)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.09, Hero calls $0.09, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.07

FLOP ($0.30) A:diamond: T:spade: 4:club:

UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($0.70) A:diamond: T:spade: 4:club: Q:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $0.41, CO folds

Hero shows 8:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins $0.66

I never know how to play medium suited Aces...

It's a good hand to float?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      nice hand imo

i think i'd even bet a bit bigger (like 0,5) though, even if you're behind you have some equity with your flushdraw and should often even get a free showdown
    • patszerdonk
      patszerdonk
      Bronze
      in position, I hate leading the turn after float on the flop especially if I pair A on the flop. Most of the time Villain will fold, unless trapping with his monster hand.

I prefer to checking back on the turn to induce villain to bluff on the river (of course if I think I'm ahead)

I never know how to play medium suited Aces... It's a good hand to float?

That's a perfect flop for you!
      If we have A8, we prefer to see A plus overcards (something like AJT or AK9) than A plus lower cards (A34, A57, A32) on the flop.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Eyewitness,

It's either way actually fine. Depends really how you see the opponent. Sometimes they might even trap you and if he is some kind of trap-type opponent then I might even Check behind for getting value from worse pairs.

But also shouldn't be that huge mistake to even if you bet it with your nutFD+TP and might even get value from something like KQ or any other GS with a pair or something similar.

Best regards.