NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($0.94)
      BB ($2.02)
      UTG ($6.46)
      UTG+1 ($1.96)
      CO ($5.99)
      Hero ($2)

Dealt to Hero 8:spade: A:spade:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, CO raises to $0.09, Hero calls $0.09, fold, fold, UTG+1 calls $0.07

FLOP ($0.30) A:diamond: T:spade: 4:club:

UTG+1 checks, CO bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20, UTG+1 folds

TURN ($0.70) A:diamond: T:spade: 4:club: Q:spade:

CO checks, Hero bets $0.41, CO folds

Hero shows 8:spade: A:spade:

Hero wins $0.66

I never know how to play medium suited Aces...

It's a good hand to float?
  • 3 replies
    • Tomaloc
      nice hand imo

i think i'd even bet a bit bigger (like 0,5) though, even if you're behind you have some equity with your flushdraw and should often even get a free showdown
    • patszerdonk
      in position, I hate leading the turn after float on the flop especially if I pair A on the flop. Most of the time Villain will fold, unless trapping with his monster hand.

I prefer to checking back on the turn to induce villain to bluff on the river (of course if I think I'm ahead)

I never know how to play medium suited Aces... It's a good hand to float?

That's a perfect flop for you!
      If we have A8, we prefer to see A plus overcards (something like AJT or AK9) than A plus lower cards (A34, A57, A32) on the flop.
    • veriz
      Hello Eyewitness,

It's either way actually fine. Depends really how you see the opponent. Sometimes they might even trap you and if he is some kind of trap-type opponent then I might even Check behind for getting value from worse pairs.

But also shouldn't be that huge mistake to even if you bet it with your nutFD+TP and might even get value from something like KQ or any other GS with a pair or something similar.

Best regards.