[NL2-NL10] NL($0.05/0.10) Flat calling ATs in early??

• delanonunes
      Everest, $0.05/$0.10 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
      LeggoPoker.com Hand History Converter

SB: $6.14
      BB: $9.80
      Hero (UTG): $13.17
      CO: $10.72
      BTN: $5.18

Pre-Flop: Ts As dealt to Hero (UTG)
      Hero calls $0.10, CO folds, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, BB checks

Flop: ($0.40) 3c 6s 8s (4 Players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks, BTN bets $0.80, 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.60, BTN folds

Should i have maybe min-raised pre-flop? Was it a mistake checking on the flop?? was it possible to raise the EV for this?
      I hope this posted properly, its taken me ages to find my hands lol :D
  • 2 replies
    • veriz
      Hello delanonunes,

Welcome to the NL Hand Evaluation Forum! Hopefully we will see more hands from you in the future. I hope that with our help you can improve your play and as well move up the limits. We will be waiting for the next hands and till that good luck on tables!

By the way there is a good option to convert your hands, try this out:
      How to post a hand for discussion.

Preflop: But as played the hand should be folded directly preflop or either way if you even want to play the hand then raise it up. And nope, we ain't min-raising if we are raising. We are doing standard raise which is 4xBB.

As played
      Postflop: Rather Bet yourself on such a flop and very likely even gain fold equity. I don't like your Check/Raise in multiway pot while it's just a freeplay pot. You are just isolating yourself against very strong hands like sets against which you ain't gonna do it +EV play. :)

Best regards.
    • delanonunes
      Thank you so much for feedback, i can see this is going to be very useful to improve my game.

I had a feeling i played it all wrong... trouble i was having was that i was on a table full of Nits and Rocks and it seemed like every 4bet i made they all folded to immediately, then i suppose i got worried i would chase off any customers on the flop....

Looking back now your definately right about folding ATs OOP, i could have got into sooo much trouble had the flop gone another way, seemed like people were playing less than 5% range lol......

I will definately be posting more hands in the future....Thanks again Veriz :D

oh yea thanks for converter link ...will try it tonight :)