Tuvoc

• Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Hi all .. !!
      Is BSS school still open ?, if yes i would like to aplly.I wanted to enter first time but i missed deadline ... !!
      I want this chance to enter BSS School so i can perfect my game and learn the game from different prespecive othe then my own and what i percive.
      Im Playing on party poker on low limits atm slowly "trying" to build a higher bankroll !!
  • 25 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey Tuvoc,

Welcome to the NL Beginners Course :)

Good news, the course is ongoing so members can register at any time, so once you have submitted your first homework as directed you're in!

Best of luck,

Gary
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Question 1: What is your motivation for playing poker? (Be as vague or specific as you want with this one, but try to think of all the reasons and elaborate on them.)

Question 2: What are your weaknesses when playing poker? (What are the mistakes you know you are making during your games? Are you playing while you're tired? Are you tilting easily? Want to see the showdown too much? Write down as many as you think are affecting you.)

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive? (Describe in your own words what playing tight aggressive is and why does it work.)

Homework :

Question 1 : What is your motivation for playing poker?

My main motivation for playing poker is getting some money out of my opponents, eventualy buying myself a thing or two from my play.Poker for me is a good hoby when a man wants to spend 1 or 2 hours (sometimes eaven more ) in front of computer and shut everyting outside.Honestly i can say i play poker because i rest with it.

Question 2 : What are your weaknesses when playing poker?

Mine main weakness when playing poker is that im not patient enough.Sometimes i get tired when i play for more then 2 hours and i start making mistakes, seeing the showdown too often playing KJ in middle positions while still having ppl in front of me raising and stuff.One of the other problems dealing with middle pairs on a board higher then my pair.

Question 3: What does it mean to play tight aggressive?

Tight agressive means playing a tight controlled game of poker.You play only certain selected hands and when u play them, u play them agressively.
      Agressivnes also comes from having position on ur opponents and using that possition to control the pot/game/session ur currently in.You rarely bluff and when your bluff gets called u have no problem laying down hands.

I will try to catch up with homework from other lessons and will post them hiere asap.I have 4 lessons to catch up and will try to do them all by the next week.
      I need some time because im finishing my Univeristy exams at the moment.

Thank you for your understanding !
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK II

Question 1: What do you think you could play differently than how it is in the BSS Starting Hands Chart, and why? (Are there any hands you would play differently? Do you have a problem or question about how a specific hand or hands are to be played?)

Question 2: Post a hand for evaluation where you have a question regarding your pre-flop play. ( Post your hand in the Handevaluation forums, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

Question 3: What is the equity of AKo against the top 5% range? 5% means: 88+, AJs+, KQs, AKo? ( You can either calculate this yourself or use an equity calculator such as the PokerStrategy.com Equilab)

1)
      I would play differently AQs hand.The chart says after one caller u fold that hand from early and middle positions.Even do i agree AQs from utg is a fold from mp3 i would limp aswell or try to enter the pot first and let others chase my raise.If i get re raised i fold.Regaring post flop play i would then definetly cont bet aggainst one opponent if i get raised i would plac call/fold on the turn.This may be completly wrong but its my opinion on this hand.

2)
      NL2 Blinds battle (Pre Flop blind battle )

3)
      Using PokerStrategys Equilab i got to the numbers that mine equity against this range is 46.32% and villans equity is 56.68%.
      If i had to decide to push pre flop aggainst this range i think it would be a cointoss regarding both of our equity are near.!
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Today i played a little session and i want to demonstrate from homework 1 question about leaving the BSS SCH chart.
      I played pocket 8 from early position only because for the last three times i was folding everything in UTG pos.(I raised mostly with intention to vary my game)
      Lucky enough i got 88 and i raised hoping to get at least 1 caller whom i can play with!

No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) - Hold'em Manager Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($0.45)
      Hero (UTG) ($2)
      SB ($2.66)
      CO ($2)
      MP2 ($1.53)
      Button ($0.57)
      UTG+1 ($0.87)
      MP1 ($2.97)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with ,
      Hero bets $0.08, 2 folds, MP2 calls $0.08, 3 folds, BB calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.25) , , (3 players)
      BB bets $0.24, Hero calls $0.24, MP2 raises $0.90, BB calls $0.13 (All-In), Hero raises $1.68 (All-In), MP2 calls $0.55 (All-In)

Turn: ($3.52) (3 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($3.52) (3 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $3.52

Results:
      BB had K, Q (one pair, Kings).
      Hero had 8, 8 (three of a kind, eights).
      MP2 had Q, K (one pair, Kings).
      Outcome: Hero won $3.82

After raise and a re raise i decided to shove.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #1 Done!

Impatience is actually a huge leak for a lot of poker players. You have to find yourself a way how you gonna ignore it or make it disappear. Try every time remind yourself! Forcing into your life to be more patient in any activity you do, not only poker. Force! Force! Force! Always remind what you came to do and the patience will just help you earning more salary not the opposite. With more and more practice you will get used to it and might even stop being impatient.

Most of the weakness you wrote can easily be fixed with you posting hands (analyzing your session). We will start writing feedback to your play. Usually negative feedback will put you into thinking phase and trying to fix all those leaks. It's almost the same as you lose money, you will remember it more than winning part. By this situation it's gonna be that negative feedback you gonna remember and try to avoid them next time.

Welcome to the Course and Best of Luck. Some more points earned.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #2 Done!

Those medium strong aces are often times very good to do as 3bet-Bluff. :) Since you have blockers and obviously you don't have always to do them for value. Also playing those AXs hands are very good in mutliway pot. While off-suited ones ain't the best for them and therefore rather 3bet or squeeze with them and mostly just for fold equity. People do way too often mistakes by playing them as for just TPTK. But of course it's possible to play them as you talked to play them. But I'd advice to post them for evaluation usually. To get the understand either you played it correctly or not.

Playing PPs can be in long run actually be very profitable, we could even say that you earn the most money with them. You can always try out either you play them profitable or not by check the programs either you are doing great on early position with PPs or not and base according to that.

Hopefully you enjoy the School so far. Some more points earned.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK III

Question 0: Download and install the Equilab. (You can download the Equilab for free here: PokerStrategy.com Equilab.)

Question 1: You are holding KQ. What is your preflop equity against an opponent who has 33? How does the equity change on this flop: J53? (Tip: you can use the Equilab to help you with this task.)

Question 2: What would you do in the following hand? (Remember that it is important to explain your reasons, simply posting "Fold" or "Call" isn't enough!)

No Limit hold'em $2 (9-handed)

Players and stacks:
      UTG: $2.00
      UTG+1: $2.08
      MP1: $1.92
      MP2: $1.00
      MP3: $3.06
      CO: (Hero) $2.08
      BU: $2.00
      SB: $2.00
      BB: $1.24

Preflop: Hero is CO with AJ
      5 folds, Hero raises to $0.08, BU calls $0.08, SB folds, BB calls $0.06.

Flop: ($0.25) 263 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks, BU checks.

Turn: ($0.25) 5 (3 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.22, BU raises to $0.44, BB folds, Hero...?

Question 3: Do you have questions about your postflop play? Post your hand for evaluation. (Post your hand in the hand evaluation forum and provide a link to your hand in your private thread in the Locker Room.)

Question 0 : Already installed on computer!

Question 1 : Using equilab i came to the numbers Hero Equity with KQs 26.46%

Villan Equity holding Pocket 3s : 73.54%
      And i think hiere we see a perfect example how eaven low pocet pairs easily dominates unpaired big holdings eaven on this flop with flush draw we are underdogs because of his set.!

Question 2

If my calculations are right villan did not bet much to protect his hands thus not shutting us out from our flush draw.I would call hiere on the turn and evaluate further on the river.If i dont hit flush i would fold if i was to hit J i would probably call small bet arround 1/2 of the pot,would fold bigger bets because i would be affraid that villan is pretty likely to have straight hiere.

Question 3

NL2 Flop Mistake (Homework III) (Stupid Post Flop shove :D )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #3 Done!

You were speaking about postflop equity in the 1st question, but what about preflop? :)

About Question #3:
      There are few situations on turn:
      a) If we take just odds for the FD and we take into account that all our odds are clean. There which means:
      Total Pot = $0,91 ; We have to Call = $0,22 -> According to that it means we are getting ~4,16:1 odds. For flushdraw we would need 4:1. Which tells us that we are getting perfect odds.
      b) If we consider the opponent having sets here:
      Which means we have to discount outs, for example 6 and also 3. Which means we have 7 clean outs. Which means that we need 6:1 odds. That tells us that we need ~$0,41 on river to make it profitable. If we expect the opponent being loose enough and being able to pay us no-matter what then we can do the Call here properly.
      c) We might even have overcards as outs or even 4 as a out:
      Although this kind of situation ain't that likely. I'd rather discount that one and either pick a) or b). Most likely towards Call.

You are doing great progress! Some more points earned.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK #4

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation in which you have the initiative postflop.

Hand Evaluation Coaching Homework #4

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members.

NL10 sh AKs flop

Question 3: You are on the flop with KQ. The board cards are J, 9, 8, and your opponent holds 77. What is your equity in this spot?

My: Equity is 41.41%

If i may to evaluate this situation further (Very briefly)
      I would folow a small bet and play chek / fold on the turn because if we both hit 10 i could probably milk some money out of opponent on the turn and river.Any other cards lower then 10 i would fold the turn,and higher card i would go to the river with villan and evaluate there probably raising and folding to a big re raise !!

(My humble opinion )
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good job! Homework #4 Done!

Great to have ya back. :f_cool:

This weeks homework was a bit easier. But the idea of that is to help you go through last weeks stuff if you didn't go through everything. Or either way maybe even read some more articles, watch some videos and of course attend in the coaching. What will also help for your game is the evaluation part of other members hands and of course posting your own hands.

If you have interests you could try calculating the equity with a formula which you can use even on tables(either playing online or live poker):
      (Amount of outs x 4) – (Amount of outs – 8) = Your Equity

About Question #3:

Board: J:spade: 9:club: 8:heart:
             Equity     Win     Tie
      UTG    41.41%  41.41%   0.00% { KsQd }
      UTG+1  58.59%  58.59%   0.00% { 7h7c }

Hopefully this wasn't too easy homework for you. Some more points earned.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Thank u very much veriz for posting how to calc equity on my own.!
      I was realy looking for some kind of equasion for it im gonna try it on few examples !!
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK #5

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have based your decisions on the stats of your opponents. (Post your hand in the Hand evaluation board, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

BSS School Homework #5

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members. (Choose a hand from the Hand evaluation board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users first.)

Nl 2 - 99

Question 3: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (7-handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($8)
      MP2 ($9)
      CO ($10)
      Hero($10)
      SB ($10) (17/13/2.6/24/1212) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      BB ($10) (27/9/2.0/29/333) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]

Preflop: Hero is BU with 6Diamond , 7Diamond
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.20) 3Diamond , 3Heart , TDiamond (3 players)
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.20) JDiamond (3 players)
      SB bets $1.00, BB calls $1.00, Hero...

What action would you take, and why?

We cant play this hand pasivly because of higher flush draw possibility.!
      BB is kinda loose 27/9 VPIP PRF he could be holding three of a kind hiere,aggainst solely him i would not fold this hand.
      I would Bet 1/2 river if he calls i did not loose much if he folds that great for us.
      Given his passive tendency i think he would fold the hand on the river.!

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (8-handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($8)
      MP ($10)
      MP2 ($9)
      MP3 ($6)
      Hero ($10)
      BU ($10) (25/21/3.8/26/1250) [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/Hands]
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with JHeart , JSpade
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU 3-bets to $1.30, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.30

Flop: ($2.75) 6Heart , 9Spade , TClub (2 players)
      Hero...

I would chek back at him because we see his agressive and plays strong hands 26 WTS.He showed agression pre flop and thats the main reason i chek back to him to see where i stand or at least to try to find out :D
      If blank comes on the turn i would bet aggain.If Q A or K hits i would not be so eager to bet because he could be hitting his top pair now.!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #5 Done!

About Task #3
      It's a very close decision: does protection or pot control weigh heavier here? Do you want to protect against hands like 3x or A:dx and K:dx? Or do you want to control the pot size and try to induce a bluff on the river in case there is no T, no J and no additional ?

Raise/fold is out of question - with the given pot size and the good made hand you have, it can't even be considered.

In case you decide to go broke, you can't really be blamed either. It's not a sign of weakness that the rather tight small blind decides to bet into two people here, though. I would say a call is to be slightly favored, while the many outs against you are annoying. The big blind who calls rather loosely speaks in favor of a raise/broke again. Both options are finally considered equal, which shows - all things considered - how close and full of variance these spots really are.

About Task #4
      You've called pre-flop and then hit a good board. You basically have two choices now: either you assume that your opponent will go broke loosely or puts you on a bluff often and you thus check/raise - or you play check/call in the spirit of way ahead / way behind. The problem with the latter is that there are a lot of cards you don't want to see in the later course of the hand. All in all, it depends on your balancing as both lines make sense under certain circumstances.

A check/fold would be really pointless, of course. It's hard to say whether you should donk-bet here; donk/fold can be discarded as that would turn your hand into a pure bluff and your opponent would interpret this as weakness and start raising you out of flops with hands like AK/AQ/air. So, if you want to donk-bet, it has to be a donk/3-bet.

Good luck on tables and with the School. Some more points earned.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Homework #6

NL Begginers Course Lesson #6 QQ in MP1 Multi Way Pot !

9-9 played good vs donk Hand Review

$25 NL Hold'em (10 handed)

Stacks & Stats
      UTG ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25) rock
      UTG+2 ($25)
      MP1 ($25)
      MP2 ($25) LAG
      MP3 ($25) maniac
      CO ($25)
      Hero BU ($25)
      SB ($25)
      BB ($25) calling station

Preflop: Hero is BU with QHeart , JHeart
      5 folds, MP3 raises $1.00, CO calls $1.00, Hero calls $1.00, 1 fold, BB calls $1.00

Flop: ($4.10) 3Heart , JClub , ADiamond (4 players)
      BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($4.10) QClub (4 players)
      BB bets $2.05, 2 folds, Hero...?

On the turn i would only pay his bet so i could get him all in by the river.!
      If a blank comes im sure hes gonna try to bluff me off the hand by raising or probably he has some weak ace hes overplaying,lucky for us we have 2 pairs :D
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #6 Done!

About Question #3:
      Two lines can quickly be discarded here: fold and raise/fold; your hand is simply too strong for those alternatives.

It's hard to assess whether you should put in a raise here. When a rather passive player decides to bet into three players while being out of position, it does look strong. It's more likely an indication of a made hand than that of a draw.

A raise naturally protects, but you run the risk of isolating yourself against very strong range. Which weaker hands could your opponent possibly continue playing here?

The deciding factor finally comes in the size of the pot. This tiny pot simply isn't worth putting yourself into a tough spot where you could potentially end up risking your entire stack. A raise would be overplayed here and pot control takes the precedent over protection.

Best of Luck on the tables and with the Course. Some more points earned.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      HOMEWORK 7

Question 1: Post a hand for evaluation where you have played on a 6-max table (short-handed). (Post your hand in the No Limit: Hand Evaluations forum, and provide a link to your hand in your private thread.)

Question 2: Evaluate one of the hands submitted by other members (Choose a hand from the No Limit: Hand Evaluations board and post your own evaluation in the thread. Post a link to the hand you have evaluated in your private thread. You can evaluate as many hands as you want, but try to choose hands not yet evaluated by other users first.)

$10 NL Hold'em (6 handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BU($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB (Hero) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5heart , 4heart
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 3spade , 2Heart , Qheart (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO Raises All-in, BU calls All-in, SB folds, Hero...

Question 4: Consider the following situation:

$10 NL Hold'em (6 handed)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)
      CO (Hero) ($10)
      BU($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Aclub , Kspade
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) Aspade , 4club , 4diamond (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero...

1)

Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

SB: $1.63 (81.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.72 (86 bb)
      CO: $1.96 (98 bb)
      BTN: $1.05 (52.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:diamond: Q:spade:
      CO raises to $0.06, BTN folds, SB raises to $0.12, Hero calls $0.10, CO folds

Flop: ($0.30) J:diamond: 6:diamond: 3:spade: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.18, SB calls $0.10

Turn: ($0.66) 7:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($0.66) 4:heart: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results: $0.66 pot ($0.03 rake)
      Fin

SB was a real maniac thats the reason why i did not repect his raise much.
      After i tried to bluff on the flop the bluff failed and i decided to let the hand go.!

2)

JJ 3bet pot Hand review for BSS school !

3)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)
      CO ($10)
      BU($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB (Hero) ($10)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5heart , 4heart
      2 folds, CO raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) 3spade , 2Heart , Qheart (4 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, CO Raises All-in, BU calls All-in, SB folds, Hero...

I would fold on this flop no matter the flush draw and oesd.MY FD is very weak and he could probably be holding suited Q waiting for another heart to come up his AI is also strong and i like to take cautious side...!

4)

Stacks & Stats:
      UTG ($10)
      MP ($10)
      CO (Hero) ($10)
      BU($10)
      SB ($10)
      BB ($10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Aclub , Kspade
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.40, BU calls $0.40, SB calls $0.40, BB calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.60) Aspade , 4club , 4diamond (4 players)
      SB checks, BB bets $1.20, Hero...

I would 3 bet him on the flop if he re raises or probably ships it i fold this nice looking hand.His call on the other hand urges me to be cautios and i would be looking to improve my hand before i start action.I would like to keep this pot small.!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #7 Done!

Please post the hands into hand evaluation forums as usually. :)

About Question #3:
      In this case, you decided to bet out yourself and two players behind you go all-in. You would have to invest $8.40 in order to participate in a $22 pot, which corresponds to an equity of 27.63%.

Board: Q 3 2
      Dead:

Equity Win DrawLoss Hand
      Player 1: 38.538% 38.538% 0.000% 61.462% 5h4h
      Player 2: 14.540% 14.540% 0.000% 85.460% QQ+
      Player 3: 46.921% 46.921% 0.000% 53.079% 22-33

You get the required odds even when you're exclusively up against very strong hands!

About Question #4:
      Top pair / top kicker has been and will always be a hand that's tough to play, especially in a multi-way pot. In this case, you've hit a nice flop, but you're up against 3 opponents on a dry board which doesn't allow for any dangerous draws.

A fold on this board is, of course, too weak. You can't really hit much better and there might be worse Ax hands willing to pay you off.

If you think that your opponent(s) is/are often willing to go broke on the flop with worse hands, raising might not be the worst of choices. But one thing is clear: if you raise, you have to go all-in on the flop! Raise/fold with your top pair is absolutely out of question.

Even though this might leave a bitter aftertaste in a 4-way pot, you should play this like a way ahead / way behind spot here - by playing it passive, you will extract the maximum from weaker hands and bluffs while avoiding big losses against stronger hands.

Best of Luck on the Tables.
    • Tuvoc
      Tuvoc
      Bronze
      Homework 8

Question 1

NL2 Trips

Question 2

NL2 3bet with 99

Question 3

For the situation on the turn i would definetly raise hiere cuz we have a weak flush draw and any higher f card beats us.My line should be raise but fold to AI.If he calls i would play chek call river.!

BONUS Question 4

Since this is 6 max and i dont play it much,i dont know will i answer this quesiton good.
      His re raise pre flop i would put him on a high par probably 10 + with AK.
      Flop we slowplay and let him catch some playable hand.
      As i said on the turn he probably caught K, i dont think hes holding hiere K8 Q8 often so on the river i would gladly shove and see his hand... !!

I hope i made some good answers hiere the BSS school was great and i look forward to my exam :D !!
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Good Job! Homework #8 Done!

About Question #3:
      In this case, the right answer is quite obvious. Both AF and WTS speak in favor of a check behind for bluff induce. But your hand is too strong here, so you want to get it all-in on the turn. There are a lot of hands you still have to protect against, too. Playing for bluff induce or pot control would simply be too weak and dangerous.

About Question #4:
      About preflop play I'd say that it's still doable while we even are a bit deeper. I expect the hero to play solid postflop play. So Calling is definitely fine here with having 2 opponents in the hand and getting great implied odds. But for more beginners it's deifnitely a very close spot while they ain't gonna be able to laydown weak hands.

As we have the information that CO is a TAG player. Therefore, we expect him to have a strong 3bet range. Unless we have some other information like he has a wide 3bet range. But while we don’t have that, we basically consider his range to be something QQ+, AK or sometimes even tighter.

So now you have to ask yourself what kind of hands would play like this on river? KK may slowplay like this. QQ definitely is as well in his range. AK/AA he wouldn’t play this way since he know himself as well that he isn’t going to get Called by worse hands. So basically it’s up to the nuts most often. You only beat bluff there and I don’t expect the opponent to bluff in this case unless we know the table dynamics better.

Best of Luck in The Exam!