Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.04(BB) Replayer
      SB ($3.96)
      Hero ($4)
      UTG ($1.86)
      UTG+1 ($1.86)
      CO ($2.42)
      BTN ($1.94)

Dealt to Hero 8:diamond: 6:diamond: , UTG calls $0.04, UTG+1 calls $0.04, fold, fold, SB calls $0.02, Hero checks

FLOP ($0.16) K:heart: 3:diamond: 5:diamond:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.16, UTG calls $0.16, UTG+1 raises to $0.36, SB folds, Hero calls $0.20, UTG folds

TURN ($1.04) K:heart: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:diamond:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $0.36, Hero calls $0.36

RIVER ($1.76) K:heart: 3:diamond: 5:diamond: Q:diamond: 7:spade:

Hero bets $1.26, UTG+1 calls $1.10 (AI)

Villain is unknown. With the raise on the flop and bet on the turn, should I have just checked/called the river?

Thanks!
  • 3 replies
    • gadget51
      gadget51
      Bronze
      You may be gettinga nice price to call for your flush, but notice UTG+1 is raising the flop into two players which usually indicates a lot of strength.
      I would fold to the raise because my flush draw is weak (8-high) and villain may be capable of playing flush draws agressively (like me :) )

However if I think villain will stack off with top pair x-kicker, I would play the same way as you did, in which case going broke is easy for me. Take notes after the hand however it went, you'll know them better now.

Basically, know your enemy, study them hard, not just their cards but their tendancies to - not all fish are passive for example :)

GL.
    • funnyclock
      funnyclock
      Bronze
      Thanks. Actually that was exactly how I thought, as I think I have a lot of equity going into the turn that I can extract value from any Kx hands.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello funnyclock,

Well, while it's just a freeplay pot I might even prefer folding on flop. :) Plus of course you don't have to do it pot size there.

But as played rather donk the turn than let them Check behind and might hit another . :) Otherwise seems to be fine, no way we are going to Check the river.

Best regards.