Poker Elephant Feedback

• 13 replies
    • Nunki
      Nunki
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      What would like to see?
      I would like to see the schema, a decent hand-replayer and a comprehensive means for filtering hands.

Will Elephant be more reliable than GrabEm for retrieving stats?

Which dB platform will Elephant run on?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      You probably already noticed this, but there's a bug in the player pop-up in the video. The "preflop" tab is titled "Postflop matrix" and vice-versa. Otherwise, it looks pretty cool, eagerly awaiting the beta to get a better idea of it ^^
      Oh btw will it be able to import PT databases?

And, to put in the "unreasonable/to-be-implemented-not-quite-now" feature requests:
      - Support for Omaha
      - ?
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Further information about PokerStrategy Elephant such as price, release date, feature-list etc. will be announced as development continues.
      It won't be free? Will it at least be available after X strategy points?
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Originally posted by Nunki
      Originally posted by SoyCD
      What would like to see?
      I would like to see the schema, a decent hand-replayer and a comprehensive means for filtering hands.

Will Elephant be more reliable than GrabEm for retrieving stats?

Which dB platform will Elephant run on?
      We will implement a very decent hand replayer, which really wil be the best you had seen so far ;)
      Filtering hands will not be implementet that deep as you are maybe used from pt3 or holdem manager, we want wo provide all basic features at first for our first release of the elephant. We will come up with those nice filter options in a later version.

He will run with postgres sql 8.3
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      Originally posted by swissmoumout
      You probably already noticed this, but there's a bug in the player pop-up in the video. The "preflop" tab is titled "Postflop matrix" and vice-versa. Otherwise, it looks pretty cool, eagerly awaiting the beta to get a better idea of it ^^
      Oh btw will it be able to import PT databases?

And, to put in the "unreasonable/to-be-implemented-not-quite-now" feature requests:
      - Support for Omaha
      - ?
      You will be able to import handhistory files. I guess you can also export handhistory from PT2 and then import them into the elephant.

I have to admit, that a support for omaha is not our first target after an alpha release ;)
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      The alpha will be free (of course), as we are very happy if you help us finding bugs and improving our software.
      After this alpha/beta phase, we will find a solution that most of our aktive players will be able to use it without needing to pay for it.
    • vladnz
      vladnz
      Bronze
      can you use more Layouts for the HUD display ?
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      will it be heavy on my cpu as I could expect from an elephand? Or will it run smoothly?
    • 6Wishmaster6
      6Wishmaster6
      Black
      In our alpha release, there will be a fixed stats setup. Be sure we will add some kind of layout manager soon.

Right know we are concentrating on all bugs / correct values / user guidance.
      After that we will start working on tweaking the perfomance. So you can expect to have a "not that fast alpha elephant" but a much more performant stable-elephant ;)
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      so... when can we expect to get the alpha version for testing purposes? :D
    • swissmoumout
      swissmoumout
      Bronze
      Posted in the devblog :

This evening we will release one more version for intern alpha testing which will be tested over the weekend.
      If we do not find major bugs I guess we are able to release a public alpha next week.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Marivs
      so... when can we expect to get the alpha version for testing purposes? :D
      Yep, we hope to have a testable Alpha out by next week :)
    • Marivs
      Marivs
      Bronze
      great, thx!