[NL2-NL10] Nl2 - 33 - set on flop

• lynius
      lynius
      Bronze
      Preflop: Not much to say here - call 20

Flop: If I had bet/raised pre-flop I would have c-bet this board. But with villain betting, I felt that he probably wouldn't have had a strong draw, and if he was, he'd already handicapped himself for pot odds, the table was also fairly tight (they seemed to be playing fairly MSS style) - was a call acceptable here?

Turn: I thought if I was going to get value, now would be the time to do it, and otherwise check behind on the river if he played called/check as a slowplay. I also felt that my play would get any better sets out of the hand.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $2.14
      SB:
      $0.75
      BB:
      $0.77
      UTG2:
      $1.47
      MP1:
      $4.48
      MP2:
      $0.84
      MP3:
      $0.65
      CO:
      $0.80

Preflop: Hero is BU with 3, 3.
      UTG2 raises to $0.04, 4 folds, Hero calls $0.04, SB folds, BB calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.13) 5, 3, T (3 players)
      BB checks, UTG2 bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10, BB folds.

Turn: ($0.33) Q (2 players)
      UTG2 bets $0.18, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG2 folds, Hero gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.51.
  • 1 reply
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello lynius,

Flop: Don't slowplay the flop! Just raise it and protect your hand. If he has a hand then he is going to pay you.

As played
      Turn: Well, obviously not the best card to raise, he will most of the time just fold a lot weaker pairs here and most likely only continue with flush or at the best FD while you giving away very good odds. So if you even raise it here which I wouldn't do I would raise ~$0,70.

Best regards.