[NL2-NL10] NL2 - AQ preflop

• sebsejr
      so basically my question is, what to do with AQo/AQs preflop when there is a raise before you. i have tried calling/folding/re-raising. not sure what is best, what is your thought on this matter?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      SB (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q, A.
      4 folds, CO raises to $0.08, BU folds, Hero raises to $0.24, BB folds, CO raises to $0.64, Hero folds, CO gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.26.
  • 2 replies
    • mylove190207
      It is realy depend on oponents and your position. But in most situations I prefer folding, especialy with AQo, because there is not much you can beat and also oponent can have better kicker if you hit A on any board. I have been in this situation today. You can see here. As I say I made call because oponents have full stacks and they where nity so if I hit something strong I probably can get all of his stacks. Anyway is realy depend on what oponents you have, what stack they have and if you have position on them.
    • Kaitz20
      I think SB 3-bet is fine, since you´re likely ahead CO opening range and you don´t want to play pot oop against unknown player.
      Better to take initiative and stack worse hands (if he for examples to decide call KQ or AJ).
      Against 4-bet standard play would be fold, since he is reping AK+ that you can´t really beat. If player likes to 4-bet bluff or 4-bet for value a lot wider you can also shove there AQ expecting either to have fold equity or if get called then doing also fine against his range