Deinstalling PostgreSQL correctly

• 6Wishmaster6
      Please deinstall PostgreSQL through this manual:

1) Deinstall it through the "normal" way at first "Software" => Deinstall
      2) Delete the folder "\Programs\PostgreSQL\8.3\data"
      3) Delete the windows user which has been created through the system options.
      4) Delete the folder of the windows user: "\Documents and settings\postgres"
      5) Delete "\Documents and settings\%USER%\application data\postgresql"
  • 22 replies
    • runswithtwohorses
      Great thanx... exactly what i needed to know... working fine now
    • DeKuip
      I removed the database, from step 3 I didn't really get what to do anymore, so I just removed the map with the name of my database.

Now I start Elephant again and I have to make a new database, when I want to do that it gives an error, the following pop-up:

Connection to database server lost!

Further Informations:

Failed to establish a connection to ''.
      Now I can't do anything...

Edit: I now tried reïnstalling Elephant, but it still gives the same error!
    • Braindmg
      hmm, i´m having difficulties uninstalling postresql...

3: i think i got this one
      5: i dont have any file named application data
    • aciddragon
      same problem here, anybodu knows how to fix it
    • Samo2
      Hi everybody. I had the same problem with version 0.49 and I've found a solution. At least it worked for me . :D

Check this thread. It may have a solution to your problem. But be sure to do it step by step according to my instructions.
    • Rollitroll

I downloaded elephant 0.58 and installed it.
      At first time it did install postgre, but couldn't connect the database.

"Connection to database server lost!

Further Informations:

Failed to establish a connection to ''."

Then I uninstalled elphant and tried to follow these 5 steps you mentioned here to uninstall postgre, but don't think it worked.

I've done steps 1 and 2.
      where do i find this step 3 windows user?...(in system options, but how can i get there), not so good with computers ;)
      step 4 i've done. (i think so)
      step 5 didn't find that kind of folder "\Documents and settings\%USER%\application data\postgresql"

Can u please help to solve this problem.

I've tried to install elephant after this but it won't install postgre so i think it's still on computer.

I can't download PT3 with postgre either 'cause my trial period is over.
      I've downloaded postgre and tried to install it but not could'n get it work either.
    • batmanbg
      Step 3:

Write this path in My Computer or your browser:

C:\Documents and Settings\ and then you should see "All Users" "Your computer name" and "postgres"

Step 5:

If your windows is in C:\ and for example your user is braindmg open this path:

C:\Documents and Settings\braindmg\Application Data\
    • bellavec
      Hi everyone,

I need some help to correctly install postgre: i tried a first time to install it, following the instructions i found in this forum, but i was pretty drunk and obviously wasn't able to do it. :D :D
      i decided to repeat the procedure today, with conciousness, but i cannot uninstall postrgre, because i'm using windows vista and there is not the folder C:\Documents and Settings, so i cannot follow step 4&5 wishmaster posted.

If i try to re-install after the first three steps i get this error when setting "postgress" as username and a password:

Invalid username specified: Logon Failure: unknown user name or bad password.

Any hint?

Thanks a lot ;)
    • qcjunior
      :rolleyes: 3 days about 12 hrs, finally its working. the files were hiding in APP/Datta,very painfull.Goodbye old postgres server,hello elephant!
    • TheBrood

In what cases should I uninstall Postgre?

Is step 1) through the control panel?

Thanks in advance
    • SirBoberg
      How can i uninstall on Windows Vista. I´m trying to reinstall but i get the info when i install postgreSQL that the user account already exist.

Can someone please write a tutor for Windows Vista?
    • yokitok
      hello im new here and have a quetion. my brother introduced me to pokerstrategy: we use the same pc and internet line.

his 30day membership just expired am im not able to use the software since it is still logged at his user name. stealthy_jun
      can anyone help me out please????
    • pokeralle
      Can't get step 4 and 5 to work on a vista computer.. Any clue where those folders can be found?
    • StraGus
      Will it affect my pokertracker if I deinstall postgreSQL?
    • Sale1337
      Am can some1 help me out, I can-t run cmd as admin, am from slovenia. Pls help
    • andyb43
      What are u trying to achieve with this? I've found elephant does not work with or without the Admin on or off even though they tell you on the home page to do this.

• SharkySmurf
      whats your problem dude.. i recently had to reinstall and got it working
    • andyb43
      Originally posted by SharkySmurf
      whats your problem dude.. i recently had to reinstall and got it working
      So please tell me how.........I've had every error message in the known universe with this shit...............if I knew the problem I would not be asking (repeatedly) for help which never comes............ Are you using Vista?
    • Joolix
      Originally posted by StraGus
      Will it affect my pokertracker if I deinstall postgreSQL?
      Does anyone know the answer to this question?

Will all my played hands from before dissapear? From pokertracker or compleatly from computer?