$2.05
      MP3:
      $2.03
      CO (Hero):
      $2.18
      BU:
      $1.84

Preflop: Hero is CO with J, Q.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 3 folds, MP3 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) 3, 5, T (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.18, MP3 calls $0.18.

Turn: ($0.59) J (2 players)
      MP3 checks, Hero bets $0.40, MP3 calls $0.40.

River: ($1.39) T (2 players)
      MP3 bets $0.92, Hero calls $0.92.

Final Pot: $3.23.
      Results follow:

Hero shows two pairs, jacks and tens(J Q).
      MP3 shows two pairs, tens and fives(6 5).

Hero wins with two pairs, jacks and tens(J Q).

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.01/$0.02 No-Limit Hold'em (8 handed)

Known players:
      BU:
      $4.30
      SB:
      $2.03
      BB:
      $1.78
      UTG2:
      $1.50
      MP1:
      $2.11
      MP2:
      $2.90
      MP3 (Hero):
      $4.67
      CO:
      $1.58

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J, J.
      2 folds, MP2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.10, 4 folds, MP2 calls $0.08.

Flop: ($0.23) A, 5, 9 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero bets $0.17, MP2 calls $0.17.

Turn: ($0.57) 4 (2 players)
      MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: ($0.57) 9 (2 players)
      MP2 bets $0.40, Hero folds, MP2 gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $0.57.

Villain stats 36/10/2.6 (but interesting high AF on the river 6.0 everything else around 2)/fold to cbet 33%(6)/61 hands

In the first hand it was a spot in which I wanted to play against this player HU in IP. That s way my isolation bet came. After my cbet call(even I shouldnt cbet against him but sometimes I do not trust the stats because I think that this board hardly hit him) i put him on a flush draw,OESD gutshot or a pair of 5 and even 3. Yes the guy was very loose that way I isolate him. When the J came I thought that know I m ahead and I could get still a lot of value as he wouldnt fold any of the above mentioned hands. On the river he bets a huge amount. I decide to call for this reasons:
      1)I didnt put him on a 10 because from what I saw he is the type of player that overplays TP regardless of kicker which means he would have raised me earlier
      2)I was the dominant and most players on this limits would check to me and then hope for a river bet where they can move all in. So this made no sense to me.
      3) The above mentioned stat, as his session to that point was going in a way bad way I decide that this is a bluff

The second hand I decided to check the turn because it was for pot control. I dont think he would have folded any A there but he could have also called with any 9 or 5 which means my hand at that point hand some showdown value and if the river is blank a could call a bet there. Instead the river was a awful card and I decided to fold simply because I wasnt quite sure(a 9 very often in this spot in his range) about the hand.
  • 3 replies
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Hello Sikac,

Well, on 1st hand it's really up to the reads and table dynamics. Since you just beat a bluff there, he ain't betting with anything else for value anyways. Even the 5x is turned into bluff. If you expect him to have there bluffs in his range then Calling is fine while there are still couple of missed draws. But of course his line into flop/turn bet is really strong usually. Rather unknown/passive players will have strong made hands more often there.

Hand #2 - I wouldn't even CB the flop. From what do you get value there? Just some GSs and that's it. I'd rather Check behind and reevaluate it on further streets. Otherwise is fine.

Best Regards.
    • HansTheGreat
      HansTheGreat
      Bronze
      You mean the board in the second example is not good for a cbet? Or you mean I have some showdown value and shouldnt make the pot bigger with a cbet. I think this flop is in Pokerstrategy articles represented as very good flop to cbet.
    • veriz
      veriz
      Black
      Originally posted by Sikac
      You mean the board in the second example is not good for a cbet? Or you mean I have some showdown value and shouldnt make the pot bigger with a cbet. I think this flop is in Pokerstrategy articles represented as very good flop to cbet.
      Well, what are you trying to achieve with the CB on flop? Do you make ever better hands to fold? - No. Do you get value from a worse hands here? - Most likely no, since there ain't many draws. So the only reason to CB the flop is to protect from K/Q, although you don't have to do that, rather Check behind and might even get called from worse PPs/Pairs.